Sign in to follow this  
Acecombat

Doom Movie !

it might be. i heard they weren't going to be putting demons in the movie because they were afriad it might offend catholics. now that i mention it, this movie probaly will stink.

Last I heard it's based in the Doom universe but not following the events of the game. In my opinion its a good idea since you wont piss off the fans for getting the storyline wrong. smile_o.gif

They already got the basic idea of doom lost. Mutated zombies and a super special force.

Can anyone say: "Resident evil"?

It's a rip off with the Doom name and franchise slapped on it.

First ever image from Doom.

Have fun trying to make it out.

Looks silly! rock.giftounge_o.gif

But it’s just a movie, and the rock is not a bad actor saw some movies for him before, doom series is nice idea for movie, but I think it’s hard to make the movie as the expected!

DOOM movie  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif they should make Operation Flashpoint Movie biggrin_o.gif

the problem is that when studios work to make a game into a movie, they still box themselves in ideas of lowest common entertainment, i.e. dumbing down.

with the Rock(Dwaine) being a famous entertainer(wrassling) i say that we can smell what the movie is cooking. wink_o.gif

Just for the sake of discussion, a little off-topic post - Speaking of decay, the 2004 of Dawn of The Dead version was actually better than the first...

God that movie rocked...! For once, it isn't just the heroes that lose, it's humanity! biggrin_o.gif

That movie was worth it just for the hilarious Richard Cheese cover of Down with the Sickness biggrin_o.gif. Never before has a horror movie made me laugh as much as this one

i like the rocks movies and io think a doom movie has a good chance if the story is good

I second that!

I think Dawn of the dead (new version) was crap rock.gif , heck even Shaun of the Dead was much better then that in terms of comedy.

Tomb Raider was an Ok movie for the people criticizing these game based movies i dont know whats wrong with it? resident Evil 1 was ok but 2 sucked as it went all hollywoodish with the god damn plot , i mean the villain Nemisis in the end became all emotional and heroic , DOUBLEE TEE EFF crazy_o.gif

If they stick with the correct storyline in terms of basic plot and do the same things on the set as in game in terms of weapons/locations/fighting scenes and capture the feel/atmosphere of the game they then have a very good chance of making a good movie. But if they change thing slike guns/costumes/sets/plots they might as well change the bloody name of the movie as well so to spare the game from embarrasement and disaster mad_o.gif .

If hollywood can make Star wars and Star trek , accurately so whats their problem with Doom and Halo like themed movies? They are pretty much the same , or maybe lack of budget leads to this crappy unimaginative atypical hollywoodish movie ??

P.S: How about a HalfLife movie , a trilogy infact , i nominate Samuel Jackson as Eli Vance and Angelina Jolie as whatever that girl was named? tounge_o.gif

Dawn of the dead?  rock.gif  i can tell you a lot about Dr. Boll and I had the chance to talk to him for half an hour during a investors meeting in Bad Homburg (called Euro-pan). And I know what his upcoming projects will be. But aint gonna tell you, or maybe I will and maybe I wont. But I can tell that his second next movie will be of a game that is as famous as Doom.. (no, not HalfLife, no licensing possible yet, at least that is what he said and it isnt Halo either)  smile_o.gif  well you smell the pie.. it is gonna be FarCry. What character do you think of? Well I guess you might end up with Bruce Willis! :;) maybe!

One can question his skills as a stage director but he realy is a decent nice character!

*CrashDome sits patiently awaiting for an OFP:Resistance movie starring Bruce Willis or Jason Statham as Victor Troska*

No relation wink_o.gif

As I said - The least they could do would be change the name to anything else than "DooM". It's not Doom, it's not hell, and it bears no resemblance, thus, it should not bear the name DooM, and just for the sake of punishment, the movie should be scrapped!

Quote[/b] ]"Don't go Marine!" Special Ops Token Female wraps her arms tightly around his chest, embracing hims tightly. A slow kiss on the lips.

The Rock looks to the blood yairlock, gore smashed all over its sides. "Must...kill..mutants. Earth is in trouble."

"But, wait! Isn't there a peaceful way? These mutants were once human, I'm sure they have a peice of their humanity left."

"Yes, we must make peace with them. Get me my Bio Force Gun, the one that sprays daisies and sun flowers all over the walls."

*shivers and gets brain spasm* Please make it stop! sad_o.gif

The one thing I don't get is how all of you seem disappointed with the game. For what it's worth, I thought Doom 3 was amazing, easy 9/10. It has beautiful graphics (some of the best I've seen), is claustrophobic, paranoia-inducing, and plain scary! I think the studio gracefully recreated the original, while not keeping it exactly the same, kept the basic elements in place while adding their own personal touch.

Yep, the game rocked! Try some of the user made single-player maps! doom3.filefront.com

Dawn of the dead? rock.gif i can tell you a lot about Dr. Boll and I had the chance to talk to him for half an hour during a investors meeting in Bad Homburg (called Euro-pan). And I know what his upcoming projects will be. But aint gonna tell you, or maybe I will and maybe I wont. But I can tell that his second next movie will be of a game that is as famous as Doom.. (no, not HalfLife, no licensing possible yet, at least that is what he said and it isnt Halo either) smile_o.gif well you smell the pie.. it is gonna be FarCry. What character do you think of? Well I guess you might end up with Bruce Willis! :;) maybe!

One can question his skills as a stage director but he realy is a decent nice character!

its no secret what he's planning next cause you can just do a search. he's has the rights to Blood Rayne, Hunter the Reckoning, and he's trying to snatch Hitman Codename 47. and to be honest, i can't believe anybody would be in their right mind to hand over the rights to produce some of the coolest video games ever made to this quack. im mean i'll your word for it that he's fine as a person but he really needs to stop making movies.

Dawn of the dead?  rock.gif  i can tell you a lot about Dr. Boll and I had the chance to talk to him for half an hour during a investors meeting in Bad Homburg (called Euro-pan). And I know what his upcoming projects will be. But aint gonna tell you, or maybe I will and maybe I wont. But I can tell that his second next movie will be of a game that is as famous as Doom.. (no, not HalfLife, no licensing possible yet, at least that is what he said and it isnt Halo either)  smile_o.gif  well you smell the pie.. it is gonna be FarCry. What character do you think of? Well I guess you might end up with Bruce Willis! :;) maybe!

its no secret what he's planning next cause you can just do a search. he's has the rights to Blood Rayne, Hunter the Reckoning, and he's trying to snatch Hitman Codename 47.  and to be honest, i can't believe anybody would be in their right mind to hand over the rights to produce some of the coolest video games ever made to this quack. im mean i'll your word for it that he's fine as a person but he really needs to stop making movies.

I dont know what his ambitions are and I dont even know whether he likes the movies he makes. But one thing is for sure he is a allrounder. First of all he is capable to do organise the entire financing himself (through closed ended funds) and he hires the actors himself and the does the entire film himself. No external companies are being used. This was the lesson he learned from the era when americans were talking about "stupid german money" in the film industry.

I think he is slowly trying to build up trust and resources. Dont forget that all his films so far were basically relatively cheap and still had more viewers than most german movies abroad. After another 2 projects he might be able to actually open a fund of 100 Mio Euro (currently 20-25mio per film). That must be money enough to make a great film.  But it is a long way to get there! His last film wasnt too successful for the investors as dividends are concerned, but investors dont care, initial money invested is 100% tax deductable!  biggrin_o.gif So who cares about dividends?

*CrashDome sits patiently awaiting for an OFP:Resistance movie starring Bruce Willis or Jason Statham as Victor Troska*

No relation  wink_o.gif

Yeah we know it just isnt possible tounge_o.gif

And Troska can never be played by him anyway ,hes more the show-off Gastovski type "Am i good or am i good" i can only picture him saying that.

@Winters: That was most corny indeed biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]*CrashDome sits patiently awaiting for an OFP:Resistance movie starring Bruce Willis or Jason Statham as Victor Troska*

You know the whole time I played Resistance Viktor Troska reminded me of Ed Harris. That said it would be a horrible movie.

Video game movies are just goofy and lame. The biggest reason is because video game story lines are usually cheesy as I'll get.

Also they always have to wreck the props and characters and story line, just as some one mentioned a few post back. Heck I don't like doom, but even I admit if I were to consider watching the movie the Marines better look like the guy on the cover of the original game. Not a bunch of dweebs in black BDUs and no helmets.

Argh not to rant but jeeze I hate the whole "can't have helmets gotta see the actors pretty face" thing in Hollywood. If you've ever seen SWAT you know what I mean. That whole movie they wore their friggin helmets maybe once. God I hate that.

yeah, swat was a very big dissapointment. they should have done it like they did the other police movie "Colors".

yeah, swat was a very big dissapointment. they should have done it like they did the other police movie "Colors".

hell, wasnt that a realy shitty film? A total disaster! smile_o.gif

Just for the sake of discussion, a little off-topic post - Speaking of  decay, the 2004 of Dawn of The Dead version was actually better than the first...

God that movie rocked...! For once, it isn't just the heroes that lose, it's humanity! biggrin_o.gif

In any case, the Director/whomever COULD be lenient and change the name from "DooM" to... anything else, really...

Edit: One more thing, as said, it could turn out to be a good movie, if they don't choose to spoil it with stupid love scenes and all that crap...

It was funnier than the first( hollywood squares tounge_o.gif ) but it loses because they used "superzombies".

On Topic: The Rock will ruin DooM. They were great games, and its mystique will be shot to hell by this. Swat teams? On an unkown planet? No hellspawn? No plot.

hmm, i heard the rock isnt going to be main guy.. but Karl Urban is...

dont know if its true like..

According to imdb Urban plays the main character and I remember reading it somewhere else

but everybody seems confused about this issue, just read the recent posts there.

The Rock will be in the movie as well, though

I think that if done right the movie could be much better than the game, atleast the models wouldnt be so squary and plain crap tounge_o.gif but they should design weapons, costumes and stuff that resembles the game. Hell on Mars.

I think Hitman is also a great character and would make a very good movie, if done right with a decent plot and music it would turn out good, if done right, wich they never are sad_o.gif .

Well, The Rock + Doom = Sci Fi movie acting

The Rock + Terminator 4 = Lead actor

Quote[/b] ]This can't be good..

lol

By the way I'm sorry if this has been said already, but who is writing/directing the film?  If it's that bloody Paul Anderson again I'm going to rip my balls off

nvm...

Director Andrzej Bartkowiak ...Lethal Weapon guy...

and Writer Dave Callaham (a newbie)

And actor Dwayne Johnson.

Great. This movie is going to suck.

So Dwayne plays the Sarge.

Was'nt Sarge a bad-guy in Doom3? Betruger's right hand?