Sign in to follow this  
DKM Jaguar

Decisive Killing Machines

well, dutch C-130H-30 looks good, but something with it not right... rock.gif

hey, DKM Jaguar, you remember i asked will you make C-130J version? So i'm asking now, will you make C-130J-30 version?

smile_o.gif

seems like Hercules is going better and better, where will be the end for your profesionalism? smile_o.gif

Keep that up and all comunity will lift-off with your work!

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

maybee because it isnt H30 yet... or maybee because the colours should be darker, or maybee because it isnt the right font! crazy_o.gif

He mentioned that in the post... biggrin_o.gif

No they mainly use the smaller C-160 2 prop transport plane...

hi, don't know if this would be any use in OFP, but the US military operates a highly classified squadron of C-130's called Commando solo..... Basically propaganda plane. Would be interesting and unique to have.

http://www.psywarrior.com/ec130.html

http://www.psywarrior.com/radioscripts.html

some radio scripts they play

http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=182

there was also a documentery on commando solo on the military channel... Might want 2 check it out some time.. Its pretty interesting.

Please say that youre still gonna release this plane for OFP even though you joined BAS, and please dont delay it to texture their vbs1 junk  mad_o.gif

agreed sad_o.gifmad_o.gif ...... Hey Thunder, long time no see... send me a PM or hit me up on IM sometime...

What I do other than OFP is no one else's buisness but my own and those I do it with. smile_o.gif This is no different than if I modded for another game as a side project. Infact BAS have been helping me with my OFP projects too.

I started the C-130 project long after joining BAS. Has the quality of my work decreased?

The C-130 will still be released as planned, on the date as planned. wink_o.gif

Please say that youre still gonna release this plane for OFP even though you joined BAS, and please dont delay it to texture their vbs1 junk  mad_o.gif

rock.gif excuse vbs junk? asa member of the VBS comunity, don't say stuff about you don't know

If there is any more talk of VBS, BAS or the VBS community, I'll have the thread locked.

The fued between these two "games" needs to end. This thread is not going to be fuel to a fire which, frankly, shouldn't even exist.

hi, don't know if this would be any use in OFP, but the US military operates a highly classified squadron of C-130's called Commando solo..... Basically propaganda plane. Would be interesting and unique to have.

http://www.psywarrior.com/ec130.html

http://www.psywarrior.com/radioscripts.html

some radio scripts they play

http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=182

there was also a documentery on commando solo on the military channel... Might want 2 check it out some time.. Its pretty interesting.

wat do u think about this?

would be interesting in a mission for 1 to fly over the area, and somehow within the mission randomly script people surrundering and civilians running into towns. Could also have leaflet drops and radio drops (they drop little handheld radios so ppl can hear the programming they broadcast) and have pple running to pick up leaflets and radios. Would be neat environmental effect as well, as when troops move into town they see leaflets on the ground and radios lying on the ground. You could also in a cutscene show 1 flying and deploying its anntenna that is below it, and show normal program on TV get interupted by propaganda message. Would be a scripting nightmare... But is possible. Could be useful in MP as well probrably only COOP though, but u can have player fly one over area to be assulted. And players on ground will notice civillians running away, or running to nearest town... Also randomly some enemy forces surrunder.

Perhaps too complex, and also would make missions a bit short. tounge_o.gif

Not enough applications to OFP..

I'm going to say no at this point.

Perhaps it will make an appearance in the 2nd pack (AC-130, MC-130's, MOAB..)

ok, just giving idea... As in OFP there is no real psyops... Could be interesing concept though if some guru scripter wants to tackle it, like have loudspeaker hmmwv and such things, playing tape message... lol, would add more feel to the environment. Oh it wouldn't be too short missions lol, if anything it would be longer because enemy knows your comming ;).... Just handfull (or more... Depends on how many enemy are on map) of enemy surrunder. Others keep fighting

well, it could be used ingame as well.... With some real hard work in the scripting dept.

Out of all of the EC-130 varients I think the EC-130E (RR)'s that are part of the Commando Solo program are probably the least useful in OFP. More useful versions of the EC-130 are the EC-130E (ABCCC) Airborne Command and Control Centre, that could be used to relay target information between different groups over the whole expanse of a map while in flight, or by landing and deploying the command and control centre module in a forward position, or the EC-130H Compass Call electronic jamming aircraft that could be used to clutter radars on anti-aircraft positions with false targets while friendly aircraft operations take place.

However, I think the only sensible use for any C-130 varient in OFP is air-transport, rather than the complex, operations performed by the more exotic varients particularly when recreating them would require some heavy scripting, and Jag has said himself that scripting is not his forté. This being said though Jag, if you do decide on doing some EC-130 varients, I've got a very good reference in the form of labelled, side-profiles of several varients that indicates the differences between them very well. I think I mentioned that to you before in a PM, so if you want it just ask okay? wink_o.gif

crazy_o.gifwow_o.gif Teh WOOT!! biggrin_o.gif 2nd pack!

good work allready if only we could just have a working AC-130 ever that would be very usefull and handy in OFP for covering certain areas... But I understand its a task which is virtually undoable...

so you have set a certain date for the release of the pack yes? oo then you know how much work is still involved.. Well how far would you say the pack is done? I dont really what to know when but how far is it done yet? %

keep it up jo!

well keep it in mind for OFP2 then, if the gameplay ever becomes as realistic. smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

crazy_o.gifwow_o.gif Teh WOOT!! biggrin_o.gif 2nd pack!

good work allready if only we could just have a working AC-130 ever that would be very usefull and handy in OFP for covering certain areas... But I understand its a task which is virtually undoable...

so you have set a certain date for the release of the pack yes? oo then you know how much work is still involved.. Well how far would you say the pack is done? I dont really what to know when but how far is it done yet? %

keep it up jo!

A 2nd pack will include all non-standard versions of the plane.

I think this will take longer and be less desired than a straight cargo version.

I may have a date in my mind, I may not. tounge_o.gif

So far the textures are basically complete, with just the props and wings needing real work. The model needs a new interior, which I beleive is being sorted, and then it goes somewhere else to get scripted.

This depends on a lot of factors over which I have no control, to publicly announce a release date would be stupid of me. tounge_o.gif

The AC-130 will probably not function correctly, but it will at least be an attempt.

That sounds great Jag, I know for one, like you sad the Daisy Cutter wouldnt be really used by people other than to mess with.

Perhaps... but that didn't stop people from making nukes in OFP, right? The CoC Toma for example.

Unarmed C-130s... for paratrooper missions only... one drop and it's all over. And they really would be used by people other than to mess with. smile_o.gif

With all due respect, it's not a very good argument, you know.

Neither's telling someone what to do because other people did it.

With all due respect, it's not a very good argument, you know.

Where's the argument? My answer is no.