Sign in to follow this  
tophe

BIS @ E3: Confirmed!

Last I heard, it were Placebo that had the tape with the interview and were going to get it published... almost a year now! What's up with not releasing this? And if it's never meant to be published; for gods sake just tell us!

Just to clear up the facts, if I had received the interview it would have been released, I never received it (as I already posted on the CM forums) smile_o.gif

This is turning into an interesting saga... do you know who has the tape?

Is it still Zzzzz who has it then?

Ok, I checked the exhibitor list at www.e3expo.com again...

And now I see that Bohemia Interactive a.s. is listed with their own booth! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Company name: Bohemia Interactive a.s.

Hall: Kentia

Booth: 6941

I've regained some hope now biggrin_o.gif

That's really disturbing news indeed. It either means that BIS will have to look for a new publisher or that there will be no OFP2..... sad_o.gif

Makes you wonder whether they bring that T55 along again and scares some of those Americas Army guys tounge_o.gif

I just received an answer from Codemasters...

Quote[/b] ]Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Operation Flashpoint 2.

Operation Flashpoint 2 is not released until late next year, so is more likely to be shown at next year's E3. The Xbox version of Operation Flashpoint has been delayed and so we do not yet have a firm release date for this at the current time.

What they did not care to answer, were wether or not it was true that they wouldn't show any games at E3...

Now, I don't exactly trust Codies support any further than I can throw them... tounge_o.gif but I didn't like the part about "Operation Flashpoint 2 is not released until late next year"... crazy_o.gif

Wohoo!!

BIS is at E3, maybe that will give some answers!

wohoo.jpg

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

If it will be on next E3 it means OFP2 will be released late 2006 or early 2007?! gaaah!

ok... facts

*Rumors say that Codemasters will not be present at E3

*Bis has a place at E3

*Codemasters said that OPF2 will realesed at the end of next year.

questions:

1-WTF is a big publisher like Codemasters is doing? E3 is the most important event for any Game developer or publisher.

2-BIS alone at E3? Hum... Only to show OPF: CWC again??? And again?

3-If OPF2 will relesed at the end of 2006, there must be some work already done... so WHY dont we even see a "microscopic" part of it?

All the facts are unoficial, so as always, we have to wait.

3-If OPF2 will relesed at the end of 2006, there must be some work already done... so WHY dont we even see a "microscopic" part of it?

That is around 1,5 years from now. As said before, they will be upgrading the current engine, saving time by not having to build an entirely new engine. I'd be rather suprised if they have worked for more than 6 months on OFP2 in total. 2 years is more then enough time to update the engine, make weapons, soldiermodels, vehicles/aircraft, islands and a campaign or 2. Of course depending on the amount of people put on the project.

... i think, they are waithing for a BF2 relese, cose as far as i see it`s bigest commpetiton for OpF2, and becouse it`s all about money.

i do not think that BIS will spend ~2 years making a game for nothing and sell few hundried copies, BIS crew have lifes to, i mean, after all it`s the money that make the world go around wink_o.gif

i just hope for demo relese this year ...

75b324e295.gif

Quote[/b] ]2 years is more then enough time to update the engine, make weapons, soldiermodels, vehicles/aircraft, islands and a campaign or 2. Of course depending on the amount of people put on the project.

Yep ur right. Lets just hope they pass the last 2 years working on that... biggrin_o.gif

But again.... XBOX mad_o.gif

Maybe Codemaster doesn't publish OFP anymore or something? But just a different one. crazy_o.gifrock.gif ...

Dutch news site about OFP2

Quote[/b] ]"No Codemasters and Operation Flashpoint 2 at E3"
Quote[/b] ]"We hebben navraag gedaan bij Codemasters, en die vertelden ons dat OFP niet te zien zal zijn. Maar misschien dat Bohemia op eigen houtje verder is gegaan."
Quote[/b] ]"We have asked Codemaster to confirm this and told us that OFP will not be at E3. But maybe that Bohemia has moved on alone."

Bah bah, rumours rumours.... smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]"We have asked Codemaster to confirm this and told us that OFP will not be at E3. But maybe that Bohemia has moved on alone."

Alone??!! rock.gif

Placebo are you there? give us some lights here. wink_o.gif

Ok, I'm confused now, because Codemasters has booths 7037 (doublesized), 7041, 7043, and 7045. Thats a lot of booths for no demos.

Booth 6941 is shown as registered to Bohemia Interactive a.s. I thought BIS was a "s.r.o.", and BIA was a "p/l", so what's this?

Either way they're in the back of the Kentia hall.

Next time they need to arrange E3 in Europe.

So long distance, so little money and I sooo want to be there sad_o.gif

And, yes, shinRaiden. I'm as confused as you.

Maybe arrange it in Hamar... would have been nice wink_o.gif

Anyways, E3 is not open for the public. You have to be in the industry, be a reporter or have an invite.

But it would have been great to have attended E3 biggrin_o.gif

Maybe next year, if I get my two biggest gamingsites set up and things go as planned... rock.gif

Anyways, E3 is not open for the public. You have to be in the industry, be a reporter or have an invite.

Lets PM placebo

Lets PM placebo

*Imagines 5000 die-hard OFP fans in front of the BIS boot demanding from Placebo that he give them some work in progress screens of OFP2, else he will have [insert random piece of body] broken/burned* tounge_o.gif

Anyway, I do find it a bit weird that they say they don't have anything to show, yet CM is represented quite well...and BIS too....my bet is still on OFP X-Box sad_o.gif

We interrupt your conspiracy theories for a word from the sponsors....

As much as we'd love to shout from the rooftops our future plans (including this year's E3), I'm afraid we're too busy working hard making the PC sequel to Operation Flashpoint the best game it can possibly be. That said we may announce details about our plans for E3 next week.

Now back to the conspiracy theories.......

wink_o.gif

You guys are working hard no doubt but once in awhile how about bothering to show us something or atleast come here and communicating with the fan folks to make sure that we dont get bored or frustrated here , over whats going on. No communication has been the factor here behind these conspiracy theorys , if only someone would come and clear it up and say whats real and not we'd be happy.

As much as we'd love to shout from the rooftops our future plans (including this year's E3), I'm afraid we're too busy working hard making the PC sequel to Operation Flashpoint the best game it can possibly be. That said we may announce details about our plans for E3 next week.

wink_o.gif

Oh boy Oh boy!!!

Now Im getting stressed....

argh!, next week i'll be travelling, and no internet on travels crazy_o.gif , arghhhh!!!!

wink_o.gif

... hihi

i like these kind of riddles blues.gif

No Games From Codemasters To Be Shown At E3 2005

Written by John Callaham

http://www.cgonline.com/content/view/750/2/

Wednesday, 13 April 2005

Computer Games Magazine has learned that Codemasters will not have an exhibit of upcoming games at this May's Electronic Entertainment Expo, nor will they be showing upcoming games to the media at the show.

According to what a Codemasters PR spokesperson told Computer Games Magazine, the publisher will attend E3 but only in a limited capacity with a room at the Los Angeles Convention Center to conduct business. The room will not be showcasing any upcoming games to the media or press at the expo. Codemasters recently received a large investment from the venture capital group Benchmark Capital Europe,with the firm acquiring 40 percent of the publisher.