Sign in to follow this  
tophe

BIS @ E3: Confirmed!

Does anyone know of this.. I haven't follow the community on

OFP2 so I dunno if I've missed anything.

Is there any pictures at al for the moment?

Will it be on E3?

Does anyone know when they plan to release the first screens?

Check out my site http://www.flashpoint2source for all the answers! smile_o.gif

...if not, here's the short version;

Quote[/b] ]Is there any pictures at al for the moment?

Nope!

Quote[/b] ]Will it be on E3?

Don't know yet - Codies usually announces their E3 games mid to late april.

Quote[/b] ]Does anyone know when they plan to release the first screens?

Hmmm... maybe Marek or Ondrej have a faint idea... for the rest of us mortal fans in here; no!

Quote[/b] ]I haven't follow the community on

OFP2 so I dunno if I've missed anything.

Relax, I don't you think you've missed anything tounge_o.gif

Only new thing now, is placeboes interview as the pr manager.

http://www.hardwired.hu/art.hw?id=2&p=1

It doesnt really tell us anything new, but if you havent followed the community in several year, maybe theres something new smile_o.gif

Even if codies announce that ofp2 will be on e3, its not sure it will anyway.. dejavu any1 smile_o.gif?

Even if codies announce that ofp2 will be on e3, its not sure it will anyway.. dejavu any1 smile_o.gif?

Hmm yeah, they mixed it up last year.

Marek were there last year, and Claire from Codemasters pulled off an interview with him... which still hasn't been published. mad_o.gif

I wonder how many times I have asked for that interview to be published over at the Codies forum... crazy_o.gif

Yes they were there. OFP Xbox had a stand.

No one knows yet if they'll be there or not this year, but all bets are on for them being there. At least OFP Xbox will be showed again I presume - OFP 2 on the other hand... that's the $1.000.000 question!

Quote[/b] ]OFP 2 on the other hand... that's the $1.000.000 question!

i think its pretty safe to say they will be there, because if OFP2 is gonna launch in spring 2006 that means that it only has one E3 left until it ships, and most companies aren't going to pass up an opportunity to promote their product like that

Yes, most bets are on for them being there and showing us OFP 2.

But... if OFP ships in late 2006, then they can show it at E3 2006, and still have maybe 5-7 months before they release it.

So, we just have to wait a month or so to get it confirmed.

Well whether they're there or not, OFPFiles will be there!

If they do go, we'll bring back news for the community.

why cant Placebo just say yes or no! biggrin_o.gif

Yes or no wink_o.gif

Yes or no wink_o.gif

lol! tounge_o.gif

Everyone is waiting for any related news about flashpoint 2; hope we hear such news soon!

Tons of new addOns every week, so the game still interesting for me! wink_o.gif

Yes or no wink_o.gif

you're sooooooooooo cruel...... sad_o.gif

er.... why cant Placebo just say yes? wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Here's what I think...

OFP2 will not be shown at E3 - 2005.

Reason: The game looks as terrible as VBS1...

Quote[/b] ]Reason: The game looks as terrible as VBS1...

Ti0n3r, you seem obsessed with the poor look of OFP2...

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=45730

a game that has had no screens released, has probably at least 18 months development time still remaining to make it look pretty, and has more than enough responses in your topic above about why it will be more than adequate in the looks department.

I dont think that we will see anythingthing at this years E3, but with ECP, I44 and Flashpoint in the Falklands on the horizon, who cares?

Guest Ti0n3r
Ti0n3r, you seem obsessed with the poor look of OFP2...

Not obessesed, but I am woried...

I read somewhere that OFP2 will deffinitely be at E3 this year and if my memory serves me correctly its April 16th.

This years expo at E3, is may 18-20. Expect Codemasters to announce their E3 lineup sometime around mid/end april.

Where did you read that OFP 2 definitely will be at this years E3? (I say trust no one... we all remember last years E3 screwup... crazy_o.gif )

The worse the graphics, the happier I am.  

Up to a point I mean.    But top notch graphics attract the wrong sort of player to the community, waste development resources and waste computing power while you're playing.

A game either has either film quality graphics or it doesn't.   End of story.   And AFAIK we are still many years away from that objective.    I've never seen a game that had better graphics than the original Elite.   Prettier, yes.  Better, no.    If you want something pretty to look at you'll do better with an art gallery (or certain, ahem, "art" magazines) than a computer screen.

Even if there is stand at E3, complete with screenies, it won't tell us much about the game. When did you ever hear of a game coming in BEFORE the annonced date? Exactly. Christmas 06 at the earliest - a good 18 months away. Time enough to change plenty.

Quote[/b] ]The worse the graphics, the happier I am.

Up to a point I mean. But top notch graphics attract the wrong sort of player to the community, waste development resources and waste computing power while you're playing.

thats what i've been thinking; on the one hand, i want ofp to become a better game, and on the other hand i don't want it to get so popular as to attract that "wrong sort of player." overall i think ofp2 should have the same kind of "cult classic" status as ofp1.

thats what i've been thinking; on the one hand, i want ofp to become a better game, and on the other hand i don't want it to get so popular as to attract that "wrong sort of player." overall i think ofp2 should have the same kind of "cult classic" status as ofp1.

All these people have come and gone, it was the same when OFP1 was just out. The real fans will last the longest. The community we have now is evidence to that wink_o.gif

I really, really, really hope OFP2 is at E3 this year.

I think that BIS has been really shooting themselves in the foot by keeping so quiet about OFP2. There are a lot of tactical shooters coming out that bear more than a passing resemblence to OFP, but they have big marketing budgets and big names behind them. I love BIS, but they and Codemasters don't exactly have the marketing muscle that EA or Ubi do, and marketing is what ultimately sells games.

They don't need to flood the world with info (which would be counter-productive, actually. Over-hyping something is as bad as under-hyping it,) but releasing even early renders of models, technical details about the engine, and a few planned gameplay refinements would start getting people in the community excited and would begin getting the word out to people unaware of OFP. Obviously they don't want to reveal everything, but silence may be hurting things more than helping them with (supposedly) only a year to release.

I think it'd be a very good idea to start the hype machine up ASAP lest OFP2 get lost in the shuffle. I'd hate to see that happen. E3 would be a great place to do this since it's pretty much guaranteed coverage.