Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FTA MOD real life simulation

Quote[/b] ]FTA mod has released the first version of their mod - FTA mod-Betynaversion 0.1. This project can be described as a real-life simulation in the Flashpoint. Give it a try and you will see. All the required addons are packed into one archive which you can download from ofp.info as well as the mod itself. smile_o.gif

Great stuff , Now you're able Call using a phone cabine, you're able to talk to people near you , to buy your beer biggrin_o.gif , and don't forget to pay the bus biggrin_o.gif

Download Section

Fta mod pack

Fta Addons

hehe ,Maybe I'll try to introduce one day this great scripts to the FFUR mod wink_o.gif

When I try to load the mission it locks up my computer crazy_o.gif I really was looking forward to test this out. I have a P4 2.6 GhZ, Radeon 9800Pro, WinXP Pro, 1GiG of RAM.

I had the same problem. OFP was not responding when loading the mission. I have no idea what causes this, no other mission or addon makes that kind of trouble. rock.gif

try pressing space rock.gif

just a wild guess tho, it´s a trick to get missions running that were made for the ofp demo

I tryed space, enter and alt+tab, non of them worked. Only ctrl+alt+del worked and I had to shoot down OFP with the task manager. sad_o.gif

Same here: after the Get Ready screen nothing happens, I even had to press restart button, since not even Ctrl Alt Del worked!

It's a shame

I downloaded the mission and I must say its a really great mission. I was very impressed by the scripting, and a lot of effort was put into it.

Mine worked fine, no errors at all. Try turning all the details to low if it doesn't work. Also the object shadow seem to cause some lag so turn it down if the lag is too much or it doesn't work.

The only thing that I noticed in my 10 minutes of testing it was the bad grammar. I sent the author an email offering my help to fix the grammar, and I hope they will accept my help to make this great mission better for all the English speaking people out there.

For more info, you can read my review here are ofpfiles.com.

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/;38000

DAMNIT to pieces! I really want to play this but nothings working! sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

has anyone found a solution to the 'get ready' problem?

I have noticed that each time you restart things happen randomly unlike it did in the previous game. For example, your house is in a different place.

About getting stuck at "get ready", give it time. Wait for it to load. I have 1.5 gb of ram and it takes me about 20-30 seconds to load, so give it time and it will work.

Sounds nice tho,

I've got a same problem.

Screen shows "Get ready"... and nothing happen.

Just only it freeze my PC.

any solutions welcome. wink_o.gif

A fixed version will probaly be released soon. (I hope)

It seems that there is a bug in the mission, and it needs to be fixed by the creators. rock.gif

@Stealth3

man, I only have 57 MB in my addons folder. wink_o.gif

It will build up fast...last time I checked, I had 5 GB, and some have over 10GB.

Btw- Wasn't there something similar to this released a little bit ago?

DAMN! I got Get Ready... problem. Kinda makes me mad at myself for downloading 25mb of addons I already have for 2 hrs on 56k sad_o.gif

BTW I was waiting for about 5 mins. then I rebooted.

Btw- Wasn't there something similar to this released a little bit ago?

Eden Life, perhaps? rock.gif

EDIT: How could I forget!

The Working Mission Nogova.

I couldn't download them. rock.gif Anybody got working links?

(In fact, I couldn't download addons for WMN, and the other one seems unfinished).

I have about 4 gigs of addons in the main addon folder, plus few mods (I only use FDF though)...

It takes propably 5 mins for the main menu to load up for me, and A shau Valley takes about 1.5 minutes to load up in the editor, before I get make the mission...

I'll try this...

ok well it loaded for me, the load time is due to the large amount of things placed (in the mission) and the fact that the island maker doesnt belive in "forests" but rather 98,987 trees all placed in an area to create a forest, because we all know the sucess rate of making a forest tree by tree like the Giga island.

Anyway Spec time:

1.5 Ghz P4

256 RAM

FX5200 (128)

OFP Info: Primary Mod= Y2K3

*Addons - 123 MB

*Res\Addons - 200 MB (BIS only addons in there)

*BAS\Addons - 221 MB

*Customstuff - 41.9 MB (custom/personal addons)

*USCG\Addons - 48.2 MB

*USN\Addons - 149 MB

*Y2K3\Addons 764 MB

Total Addons Loading: 1547.1 MB (1.5 GB) of addons, plus the custom hi-res skys.

Main Menu Loading Time: 2 to 5 minutes tops

FTA Mission Loading Time: 5 to 10 minutes

Pros To Mission:

*versitile

*interesting

*fun

*the "needed addons" is kept to a minimum (25 megs unpacked, all addons needed packaged up in a single download).

Cons To Mission:

*bad choice of island. the forementioned 18 billion (single) trees to make a forest doesnt make the game very happy. that plus all the action going on at once. however i blame 70% of the lag on the island itself. i belive that on any other island it would probably play much better. current frame rate with above forementioned specs: 7 fps max

*bad spelling and grammer. but i have played plenty of missions and once a campaign with bad spelling and grammer, but you can still figure out what it says or is saying. for instance "job picked you must wait some time for cink to not like job anymore" (or something to that effect) which it doesnt take a rocket surgeon to figure out that its basicly saying, you will get the job as soon as someone quits or retires from said job on the island.

so in closing i belive this mission would have tons of potentional and tons of fun if it were on a much more computer freindly island.

Personal Comments:

i would think that this mod/mission set up on everon would be alot more fun, but not regualr everon, but a newer one. not a hi-res one, not one with resistance houses, im talking regualr old everon.. well ok mabe with resistance houses. but also with the ags_port and 3fxo objects pack, and some mapfact stuff too, like a revamped everon airport with the mapfact stuff.  

i made the above comment here since the creators of this mod seemed to have edited the orginal kalgihat island a bit, so im suggesting they try something like that with everon. (or anyone else interested in making a new island)

i am also having problems with it, and there is no Eden Life mirror, does someone know where to find?

also the required mission pack for "The Working Mission" is down, any solution to this?

I also got the "Get ready..." bug

Is there already a sollution?

SPECS:

AMD 2400+

ASUS A7N8X-E

512MB PC2100

Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro (128mb)

SBlaster 5.1 Live