Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

i think you should scrap that idea and leave the eeditor spotless becuase those extra addons many people may not even use will just slow down ffur and since your including desert and winter addons it will slow it down too and ffur v5 was so laggy for me and i have a 1.8ghz computer and thats all i know about it

Well, you are part of the tiny minority  wink_o.gif  The more mods the better!

@ Tomislav: Make it so satchel charges can be attached to vehicles please  biggrin_o.gif

also get rid of the ticking unless a timer has been set on it also i can hear the ticking from around 150metres away its a bit loud

also get rid of the ticking unless a timer has been set on it also i can hear the ticking from around 150metres away its a bit loud

Yeah, i agree.

For those of you concerned about the original missions being ruined, why dont you just not enable the mod when playing those missions?  Most mods that edit the config aren't meant to be played on old missions, but rather to be played on new missions or for fun in the mission editor.  I really hope these suggestions dont mean that the pack will be delayed or those awesome features (surrender, arresting, etc.) will be taken out!

Cant wait for the new version,

Sniper_Kyle wink_o.gif

Well, the problem is, there aren't too many missions for most mods. There are plenty of addons, but it is a pain to find matching missions or campaigns.

To me the original goal of FFUR seemed to be 'simply' (if i may say so) improving visual quality of OFP, and TB really did a great job at that.

It was very well suited for replaying existing campaigns and missions then. Actually, FFUR was the trigger for me to replay OFP, and I enjoyed it a lot.

So I personally would prefer to keep it at that. I like some of the balancing tweaks like the new bullet spread, but e.g. the AI tanks are much too good now and ruin many a mission.

So, how about an optional config with only the FX enhancements, but w/o the AI modifications?

Best regards

A.

some of the RHS soldiers are really nice, have you considered replacing the current east spetznatz with rhs spetznatz?

ah. nevermind in that case. Just thought the camo looked similar smile_o.gif

Estimated release date yet?

7th of june, with a bit of luck before smile_o.gif

7th of june whens that

*checks date*

ah not to bad, also has the problem about lag fixed because several missions i wouldnt call laggy missions are so laggy with FFur

Nice to hear. About the problem with the sound; It occurs sometimes when i installed new addons , last time with the bwmod units but when i delete themk everything works fine. So have you installed any new addons? pnbtrwhatever?

Yeah some addons...

Well I have 2 pure ofp games in my pc... one addon free and other with 3GB or addons and mods...

FFUR is in that OFP so yes I have addons installed!

Cya and Take care

BV

Hi mates ,

Glad to come back with ya , smile_o.gif

I'd like just to say ya that we're working pretty hard on the incoming FFUR 5.0 , it should be ready very soon , we're currently carrying out some tests in the goal to be sure that this final pack's the good one.

btw there would be 2 packs ,

-FFUR 5.0 woodland (or normal)

-Extra Pack 5.0 (it'll countain the sky , moon , stars , High quality islands...etc)

We've done our best to give ya something balancing between realism and fun, I hope this release will have a positive result and not end into questions why we not have this or that in the pack.

as Tom said before , there would be a winter version and a desert one.

but thrust me , the incoming FFUR 5.0'd be so far better than all other versions. smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Welcome back thunder.

Very good idea having that extra pack for the 5.0, this could avoid the lag the some people were suffering with the mod.

got a problems with version 4.5.

After 3.5 installation no problems to launch and play the game.

With the 4.5 patche --> cannot create device 3d....... sad_o.gif

I think it's one of the new pbo the problems ( trying to launch the game without 4.5 addons juste with the new bin and it's works exept some addons errors.

What can i do ?

Edit : problem resolved --> it's ofp launcher who can't launch the mod ( 4.5 ).

if you are not using the -nomap command, try that

otherwise it sounds to me like a driver related problem. maybe update them smile_o.gif

edit: i'd have a suggestion for an additional addon too tounge_o.gif

i'd like to see the coc_mines introduced biggrin_o.gif

Use the -nomap command line in your shortcut.

Sorry but we're mainly focusing on bugs hunthing than adding more extra things , it seems that we've reached the limits of OFP engine with some scripts, but maybe we'll think about introducing FDF steerable parachute , but not so sure about it. smile_o.gif

Actually we're working on a script wich allows to the AI armored vehicles to deploy smoke walls in combats , and to the soviet infantry to carry out the same thing at visual contact with an ennemy. smile_o.gif

Edit : and after few hours of work , the smoke works perfectly and hides ya from the ennemy like in real life smile_o.gif

Best regards

Thunderbird84

thanks nomap resolve my problem.

How can I desactivate countermeasure on chopper plane etc... ?

remove "incomingMissile" lines from all eventhandlers in the cpp. smile_o.gif

btw here's the new smoke effect and how heavy tanks use it :

FFURSmokeTanks2.jpg

FFURSmokeTanks.jpg

Nice job thunderbird smile_o.gif

Are you gonna fix the fire distance of the AI? I think of the sniper rifle distance. You have locked it at 650 meters or something. I'm working with a Sniper Pack and i use a barrett m82a1 .50 cal BMG (12.7x99) sniper rifle, this one have a effective range at 1830 meters and a SVD have around 1300 meters. You have locked the distance at 650 meters, so my AI never kill somebody over 650 meters  sad_o.gif

Bugs in original campaign will be fix in the 5.0 version?

like the first mission in resistance.