Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

I have some errors too , first "Addon 'c8x_Magazines' requires addon BIS_Resistance"

then it start the game and i only have an empty Picture without any options

snap211.jpg

simply stunning-i had my doubts at first, but this is excellent.

EDIT: i just played ambush. For some reason all the old music was there. you may want to look into this.

I have some gripes however...

I would change the m4 to the E&S m4. not because i dont like the current m4, its just that it fits much better with the current m16a2.

Anyone know where in the config you would find music replacement?

music is very important to me :P right now some music like "supression" "decisions" and need to be less happy :P I do like the tracks you chose for decisions and supression because they have a very 80s feel to them-they would be good elsewhere, but not where you put them. the track you chose for "heroes" is somewhat odd-though the track is fitting to the name "heroes" it is the exact opposite of the original music. The track you chose for "ocean" would fit perfectly here.

most of the music is PERFECT so far-great choice for casualities of war and i like the updated soviet theme smile_o.gif. I did notice that you used some music twice though, but this is ok as long as it fits. At first i had some doubts about march hell, but playing the game with the track makes it somehow very fitting to the situations it is in despite the fact it is the total opposite of the original.

for those that read my post before i edited, i changed my mind ( i originally had a gripe about the main theme but when i played the mission "flashpoint" it fit very well.

then normally i would suggest to reinstall it, and when this does not work to download it again

any other one having such problems here? nothing like this appeared during beta testing

i have a GeForce4 MX460, so i guess one of the weakest, i can't even use dxdll, and it works without any bugs, ctds or lag, so that shouldn't be the problem

but, what drivers for the card are ya using?

have you tried to reinstall it? sometime that helps as i couldn't see a reason for that, worked for all the beta testers, and on my graphic card you can see my low resources sad_o.gif

but if you have dsl, just dl it again smile_o.gif , but before try reinstalling please

well it still don't work after reinstall , the same like before

and to dl it again mean again 3.5hours

this looks awsome but iv got some rock.gif??? i got y2k3 mod on comp and if i dl this mod well i have to delete y2k3 mod or will it be all good and just dl and run it will be fine rock.gif lol just want to know how i would go about this wink_o.gif

You don't need to get rid of Y2K3 to run this, it just takes up more room on your comp tounge_o.gif

i love, i love IT biggrin_o.gif

btw, works for me GeForce FX5700 smile_o.gif

Why do they continue to use the dull looking guns instead of what the first Y2K3 used? I think their Inq's weapon pack thing or somethin,but they are the best I have seen,so why use the generic looking ones (yes I know their not generic BIS ones the texture is,but their more 3D modelled)

EDIT: And if its about realism then I have held one of these things before,Inq's looked very close.

http://img231.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img231ℑ=m16a24sg.jpg

Great ! Congratulations TB ! Downloading  wink_o.gif

Edit : downloaded : great job as usual : a simple error message when I launch FFXUR :

Addon 'OWP_Mi26' requires addon 'OWP_Crew'

I guess you did not added Mi26, thus it must be missing a couple of addons or so ... I'll fix it quickly.  wink_o.gif

ya im missing this as well rock.gif

Why do they continue to use the dull looking guns instead of what the first Y2K3 used? I think their Inq's weapon pack thing or somethin,but they are the best I have seen,so why use the generic looking ones (yes I know their not generic BIS ones the texture is,but their more 3D modelled)

EDIT: And if its about realism then I have held one of these things before,Inq's looked exactly like it.

There are many different personal opinions on this-personally I think the INQ weapons (though they are undeniably better looking) lack "feeling" is you will call it that. They seem to lack a personality...I never feel like I am wielding a dangerous firearm with the inq weapons for some reason...they just feel like, well, CS weapons :P The m16a2 is also a bit too shiny for my taste :P. in addition they don't really fit with other addons. If you wanted to put together Y2K3 soldiers and a laser or HYK's soldiers together in a mission, the disrepancy between both BIS/addon weapons and INQ weapons is noticable. Earl and sucheys weapons (which is where the m16a2 comes from) is more widely used in addons than INQ's weapons. However, some inq weapons are used in this pack-the MP5 and and m4...I would like personally to see the m4 changed to earl and suchey.. On a side note, I think the INQ ak47 sucks and the current one is much nicer.

On a side note, it is really easy to edit the config to suite your taste. sometime today I am going to personally change the m4 for myself.