Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Homeland

I live in a very boring area. The only good thing in this area is my backyard. There isn't even a small hill in 15km radius. So pictures helps me the best.

if you said 100 KM i'd be convinced you where from the netherlands....

Anyhow, you dó know how to use the cam.sqs script, right? if not, i'll explain it to you or make a mission that you can merge with your island, and use it wink_o.gif .

I live in a very boring area. The only good thing in this area is my backyard. There isn't even a small hill in 15km radius. So pictures helps me the best.

Anyhow, you dó know how to use the cam.sqs script, right? if not, i'll explain it to you or make a mission that you can merge with your island, and use it wink_o.gif .

=) I know 15km is a lil low but I was a random number.

And yes I know how to use the cam script, but for what should I use it? rock.gif

=) I know 15km is a lil low but I was a random number.

And yes I know how to use the cam script, but for what should I use it? rock.gif

pictures tounge_o.gif ... trailer.. lol easy

great pics! bravo base looks small but very nice detailed smile_o.gif

I think the pics that you take are good! Good graphics and all so i don't mind you showing the soldier in them. Every pic you take is almost perfect unclesam.gif

That looks really great. Maybe on the oasis's make the ground a bit greener, because that's usually how oasis's are.

I love all the custom objects, it gives it a really great feel. And a cactus.... wow_o.gif

Some more:

"Bravo" Camp somewhere in the desert

[imghttp://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/Berghoff/addons/Homeland_pics/BETA1/Homeland_Desert1s.jpg[/img]

URL=http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/Berghoff/addons/Homeland_pics/BETA1/Homeland_Desert1.jpg](bigger version)[/url]

I feel so honored that you named a base after me BergHoff tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif (my real last name is Bravo)

any progress on the island so far Berghof?

Any planned release date or something for it yet?

I would really like to show off the island in LAN to some friends soon or later wink_o.gif

I would like to blow up meh friends on it biggrin_o.gif

Man this is also going to be good for some new SP mission making, maybee together with new special forces like those seals or sas.

Browsing trough this topic I see TONS of AWESOME stuff!

This is insane. I can't believe I haven't looked at this before.

Keep it up, Berghoff. If this will be the same quality as Kumlinge, than it's gona be awesome. And it already looks much better than kumlinge.

Kumlinge was just a replaced Everon Island using the great FPB by Ares and FDFmod but this is totally new terrain and has new objects, however FPB is still being used for the winter area. smile_o.gif

neat

very cool stuff

but ive never seen pines in the desert :P

although its been snowing once in the goby so who knows biggrin_o.gif

neat

very cool stuff

but ive never seen pines in the desert :P

although its been snowing once in the goby so who knows biggrin_o.gif

I had seen some pictures of em, can't remember where. Otherwise I'll use em somewhere else. tounge_o.gif

Berghoff, how far off a betatesting stage are we?

just need a rough guess.

Well I wanted to send a preview of the desert to you beta-testers today or tommorow, just need to do something first. smile_o.gif

in the winter part of the island you should make that a frozen lake under the bridge. That would be pimp. Someone who can do textures real well should do this

Though I really like the ground textures, I miss the jungle on the jungle pic smile_o.gif

haha yeah i have to agrre to that there wasn't much junglr on ther jungle pics but it looks pretty nice anyways, smile_o.gif

It's in the works, It's only showing the landscape, ground textures, etc. Like Bergoff said above...he's testing around with it, so their is minimal lag. wink_o.gif

Hey Berghof any progress with the island?

I've put a progress "meter" at the first post. So check there for the current status of the Island.

But currently I'm quite busy with RL things so there nothing really new to show. blues.gif

Looking at the progress of this island is somehow giving me mixed feelings , i like the detailed envoirnment and new objects but lag factor is worrying me. Is squeezing every type of envoirnment aa good idea here? Why not breaK the island in to 3 parts for desert/woodland/snow?

I remember Newland (dunno who made it?) but it lagged for me with only a handful of units present , it was really big too and had too many objects placed on it.