Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Homeland

Everything is up and running again. I'm now using Xp x64, luckily WRPtool works with that version of windows.

But I forgot to make a backup of the readme file sad_o.gif .. tounge_o.gif

Everything is up and running again. I'm now using Xp x64, luckily WRPtool works with that version of windows.

But I forgot to make a backup of the readme file  sad_o.gif  ..  tounge_o.gif

Oh no its a disaster. tounge_o.gif

haha readme's are easy to write  tounge_o.gif

how much better is amd 64 processor?

got any new screens to show off? biggrin_o.gif

Very nice! biggrin_o.gif

BTW, is it just me or... The first island, lower right corner, the cliff textures... The brown area, is it just me or does it look like a volture with sunglasses? tounge_o.gif

blues.gif

VERY nice.

But I have a very BIG question for you;

Can you please, please add some snow to the roof of the buildings on your winter part of the island. I really love winter islands, but the towns are allways the same as on summer islands. That looks really wierd. I know VBS has snow on the buildings on their winter island and that looks very nice.

VERY nice.

But I have a very BIG question for you;

Can you please, please add some snow to the roof of the buildings on your winter part of the island. I really love winter islands, but the towns are allways the same as on summer islands. That looks really wierd. I know VBS has snow on the buildings on their winter island and that looks very nice.

The houses I use on the winter part are from Ares Finnish Building Pack, I don't know if he ever gonna create snow textures for his houses. So I don't know. smile_o.gif

i don't mind if the houses got snow on them or not i just want to see the island released some day smile_o.gif

but it would be more realistic with houses with snow on them,

berghof hasn't made the finnish house pack, but if someone asks the dude that made them then maybe he can do a upate? tounge_o.gif

Very nice!  biggrin_o.gif

BTW, is it just me or... The first island, lower right corner, the cliff textures... The brown area, is it just me or does it look like a volture with sunglasses?  tounge_o.gif

blues.gif

Yeah it does actually! biggrin_o.gif

Hi, those island textures & new objects/buildings look really good, and the airport shown in the pics by Manhunter09 too; i have some misc textures of bullshit like... tarmac, concrete, sand, grass, a palm & some others (i think) if u want 'em, berg... PM me & they'll be yours.

The only thing that i don't like so much, it's the huge file size that all this great stuff can take; and those findland houses. U could burn 'em and with the findlands inside, but well... the lag issue it's another important thing; some areas i guess that could give some slow frames; but the islands shown in all the pics look really good. Good job. Let's cu

and those findland houses. U could burn 'em and with the findlands inside, but well...

Huh? rock.gif

and those findland houses. U could burn 'em and with the findlands inside, but well...

Huh?  rock.gif

I think he hates the finland building pack and the people of finland. crazy_o.gif

I love the house pack and I hope it's gonna stay.

i'd say he just complains about the file size and the lag with this statement, use your imagination and put ironiy in it tounge_o.gif

Hi, what i've try to say it's that this island or islands (all it/'em) look really good; but the file size gonna make me don't download it; the lag it's very important, there's where it's the fun. Coops, maybe CTF's... and Coops. Use a "large" number of enemy units, MT-LB's 2.2, PSC BTR-T's 1.1, AH1's W, UH1's N, the USMC Addon Pack 1.0, maybe the Edge Res units... , LSR-Deltas, Rangers, Combat M2's A2/A3, M113's A2/A3, FK HMMWV's and the usual stuff that makes that we don't touch a single BIS unit that don't be the tank crew or the pilots... could ruin any good coop mission throwing the frame rate lower than where Kennedy it's; in the hell. Now add the required addons for the island and think in the addon units to make a "combat situation" to resolve; now... add the waypoints, add bullshit in the init of the units; use scripts, use the M1A2 engine smoke to cover your back from those "evil" communits that wanna shove up a RPG7V in yar... tjo...! "back of the tank"; use some custom flags in .jpg & have fun for hours with your fellas by hours (hours at 0 or 3fps). It's not 'couse my computer it's a shit; it's that maybe, this island/islands could require a lot of processor & many memory; but well... the thing; the thing is... that i don't use any winter addon, so im not interesed in any snow that don't be snortable, but yes, i know that 'round there there'r some winter USMC units. But that's not enought; findland houses...??? why!?, only snows in findland?!, shit, there even snow in jerusalen an in the sahara; why make/use only findland houses?. But well, the main idea, it's that ALL the pics of this promissing island/islands look awesome, no matter what i think of it.

P.D: Yes, u keept me there Frostbite; but... just put some... "irony there". Let's cu

the thing; the thing is... that i don't use any winter addon, so im not interesed in any snow that don't be snortable, but yes, i know that 'round there there'r some winter USMC units. But that's not enought; findland houses...??? why!?, only snows in findland?!, shit, there even snow in jerusalen an in the sahara; why make/use only findland houses?

Well even if I did remove the houses I would need to remove/replace more than 50% of the trees from the Winter Island. But I could maybe remove Winter Nogojev from the required addon list becuase I only use a few things from that rock.gif

Hi, don't remove anything; it's your island/islands, not mine. All what i've seen looks great, even the new snow textures; a possible solution for make this great job reach every one, cold be to make to make 'em all in 1 big island connected by bridges (use the Pontoon Bridge too) for ppl with good PC's and later on with more time... make 'em separated islands for low PC's. That could maybe make it reach more ppl that for sure will enjoy your great job there. Let's cu

Those Finnish buildings are among the best addons I've seen. It's great to see houses that doesn't look like some slum buildings. Instead you get real countryside buildings.

Personally I would like to see more of that. More Swedish buildings etc.

I prefer to fight in Nordic environments where everything looks proper.

BM

hey don't remove anything Berghof!!! crazy_o.gif

I don't know yet if my comp. will run your island with a coop mission or something but hey you just have to be clever and use some spawn scripts and stuff biggrin_o.gif

these days computers are getting better and more upgraded so i think that most of us will be able to play it someday sometime unclesam.gif

wipman had a nice idea with making a Full version and the cut out versions where you have one pbo with winter theme and one with desert and one with the greenish, seperated islands, i guess people with bad comps. and connection would apreciate that smile_o.gif im gonna update my comp. sometime this year so i think i'll be able to play on it sometime biggrin_o.gif

90% of OFP is WIP. Please release a demo/teaser or something. I'm dying for that desert, its beautiful.

That wouldn't be possible since the whole island is seperated into various enviroments. It isn't multiple islands. So the desert will come with the rest... wink_o.gif

Btw I think I forgot to say that I'll also make a low-spec version once the orginal Island is done. With lower resolution groundtextures and a few other things removed. smile_o.gif

Hello,

I've changed the rocks texture on the winter island with these ones which look way better than before;

newrockss.jpg

(bigger version)