Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Homeland

Yeah stalker type roads would be awesome but thats more for kolgujev type islands or some war torn islands too wink_o.gif

or when i come to think of it just roads that haven't been mainteanced much biggrin_o.gif

I want to make some STALKER type roads, with cracks and grass coming out of them, heck, might make a road model like that with some grass models coming out of it.

grass models are best to add without the road. Otherwise you have grass coming out of the road each 12m at the same spot.

Quote[/b] ]Berg, I can help you beta test, Just send me an MSN when you need me.
Quote[/b] ]I can help with beta testing when it's reached the beta-stage, if you need.

Ok thanks I noted you both biggrin_o.gif

again, please make some larger houses, well the area arround it, so we have like embassies, and other government building...

also maybee some rich people with big houses with nice garden and the pres. house...?

or atleast some flat ground where I could make it myself in a mission... tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

great looking stuff m8 biggrin_o.gif

but if you can use it all... rock.gif

Maybe you can make a crawling thingy with ditches too? like in BoB? ( "that's pigs guts!" ) or a gun emplacement that can fire just over a crawling person? wink_o.gif (or atleast a wall with bulletholes that cant be destroyed tounge_o.gif )

Wow! Will you be making a full army camp using barracken, etc.? That would be awesome.

And it would be really cool to see a tree-lined rifle range with multiple ranges...like on GAIA island or America's Army...that would be extremely cool.

What I notice alot of islands lack are parts of terrian that are good for setting up bases or camps, like, flat ground (for the most part), out of the way, hidden, areas with good cover... etc... I am just wondering what your island can provide for this. But lookin good for the most part biggrin_o.gif

Check your email, I gave you about 6 tga's worth of home made desert road textures wink_o.gif.

Any release date on this berghof or when you think it could be ready? a month a few weeks a few days? tounge_o.gif

Will be intresting to see custom road textures smile_o.gif

i don't think i have seen any custom road textures since the bas island biggrin_o.gif

Any release date on this berghof or when you think it could be ready? a month a few weeks a few days? tounge_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]a few days?
No
Quote[/b] ]a few week?
nah
Quote[/b] ]a month
No idea, BETA testing still needs to be done. ;)
Quote[/b] ]

i don't think i have seen any custom road textures since the bas island biggrin_o.gif

But there is, FDF's desert island (don't know exact name).

Screenshot showing the new snowy ground textures:

Homeland42s.jpg

(bigger version)

(bridge is unaffected by any ground detail setting btw)

Rocky ground on the left, rough snow to the right and the softsnow textures are the one you already seen on previous pics. smile_o.gif

ohhh holy shit I forgot all about this

Will there be a realistic airbase>rock.gif?

With like shelter areas in the woods with the correct sort of taxiways and such, and will there me a nice large platform and proper shelters....

Think of realistic airfield on Mapfact Nogova, with military section, or think of Gaia which has fully sick airbases!

Most ppl place a runway without anything next to it besides a hanger DIRECTLY next to the runway and well I was thinking allong the lines of uhm something like this....

dxdshot1102883935.jpg

you could also add sunshelters but beware fighters have jetblast so think about that I just dropped shitload of mud down! biggrin_o.gif

dxdshot1102346655.jpg

and you could add the mapfact airport stuff...

and ehm well also something, if you make a base next to the water (just small one) and then let the edge go into the water like a ramp at a certain spot, you would have a sort of hoovercraft/apc ramp for water ops!

Thank you for making such a elite island, allthough It is much work I know (top pic is meh work) but to make a map REALISTIC as possible is priceless for good missions! blues.gif

keep on rockin man!

great pic with the bridge!  smile_o.gif  And i think the new snow textures suit good, you could add a few rocks under the bridge and on the "down hills" parts of terrain so it looks more mountains or "rocky" you know   wink_o.gif

manhunter09 what is that for intresting island you are showing off there?  wow_o.gif

Berghof said in the first post what addons that was going to be used and there was mapfact airport addon in the list if i remember correct unclesam.gif

I think Berghof knows what he's doing wink_o.gif

A new bridge would be nice. wink_o.gif

The current one doesn't really fit into the "winter enviroment".

...Has, there been any "snow" bridges created?

Yo berg you still need some more beta testers, if you do you know where to find me tounge_o.gifblues.gif

Bananas - I want Bananas. You said you would providee bananas, so where are the bananas already mad_o.gifmad_o.gif

Ex-RoNiN, did you "devolve" into a monkey? Er.. wait, I think that's just a little too much "Mario Brothers" movie talk for today. But aww man, I saw this movie today where a pack of chimps killed this smaller little tree monkey and they ate it, so much for your cute friendly chimpanzee. Back on topic, BergHoff, great job biggrin_o.gif I can't wait for this. Just one question, will you provide a map texture for the addons (like BAS's blackhawk) that use a GPS map? I guess its not really a major detail, its actualy pretty minor, but there is nothing wrong with being perfect biggrin_o.gif

No...bananas are good for you....b'sides, in a place most of you don't even know about, Bergy promised to a group of select few that there will be a secret grove with bananas...for our select group to strengthen itself....that's all I can say about it! rock.gif

i haven't seen any snowy bridges but i remember some argentinian or purtugese  ?  mod i don't remember the name but they made a rusty old bridge  biggrin_o.gif it was pretty cool , would be nice to have the original bridge covered with snow at the edges and some snow and "ice taps"

to  biggrin_o.gif

--------------------------------------

edit i think the mod that made rusty bridge was named colonial wars mod or something like that wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]ohhh holy shit I forgot all about this

Will there be a realistic airbase>

Yea sure. There are also plenty of Infantry camps in the desert.

And a smaller island will be one gaint base with the obstacle course, rifle/AT range, some sort of driving school were you may not hit the cones next to the road. And a whole town for MOUT training (like Americas Army's).

Quote[/b] ]The current one doesn't really fit into the "winter enviroment".

...Has, there been any "snow" bridges created?

I see if I can create a snow version of the BIS bridge.

Quote[/b] ]Bananas - I want Bananas. You said you would providee bananas, so where are the bananas already

Ah yes, bananas. Still need to make them. Not to mention all the other hidden "easter-eggs". smile_o.gif

Very nice, but will the lights work?

Maybe put an old rusty car-wreck at the bottom.

What about this kinda look? Don't mind the weird placement, I forgot to re-enter the correct height setting when replacing them:

You also forgot to ise sharp edges on 'em.  wink_o.gif

Yes to bananas, hoooray! unclesam.gif