Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

Pappy: Just uninstalled Y2K3, then reinstalled 7.0 - the grenades worked fine. Used the patcher to upgrade to 7.1 after that, though, and got the same problem.

Will grab the full version and see if it happens again. If so, guess it's a specific machine-based problem, at least. Will let you know. =)

- Grif

well grif if it is stil la problem for you after you try the full install. then ill be more then happy to explain how you can edit the config to remove the timed hand grenades. thats the only change between 7.0 and 7.1 in terms of hand grenades. smile_o.gif sorry for any trouble

by the way opflash.org and ofp.info are having difficulty mirroring the full installer for some reason so i dont know whats gonna happen with that

Good job Pappy smile_o.gif

One error,

I can't use the new AH1. I get an error saying missing VIT script. (Sorry, can't remember exactly what it said)

Good work though. wink_o.gif

try downloading the latest version of his AH1W addon. and replace the one in your Y2K3 folder.

this is why i hate patchs. no matter how many times you check every byte of a pbo file somehow u manage to miss something.. or screw something up. crazy_o.gif 3 days i spend perfecting that patch making sure all the shit was there and still.. i get problems.

ok i just did a quick test. east west and resistance and all 3 threw the hand grenade and it exploded 6 seconds later  (timed fuses)

so i dont know what to say  crazy_o.gif

what to say is that this is an issue im haveing the same problem here no grenades explosion? iv got them but no boom ya sad_o.gif on the east and west no boom mad_o.gif but the other addons that iv got they got the explosion grenades as the other person told ya befor just the west and east regular sides wink_o.gif if could fix this BUG rock.gif Plz biggrin_o.gif

try downloading the latest version of his AH1W addon. and replace the one in your Y2K3 folder.

I tried it, and it works perfectly. Thanks wink_o.gif

I also have the same bug 1in1class has though sad_o.gif

got the same bugs ... on ah1 and nades..strange bug thought rock.gif

patched 7.0 to 7.1...

i'm dling the last version of ah1w

4 some strange reason this mod just wont work 4 me.

The game start up just fine and i can get into campaign n such stuff, but i cant play.

When trying to play the campaign the US soldiers are unarmed, the resistance soldiers invisible and the russian soldiers weapons is missing fireingsound, the only US soldier with a visible weapon got an m4 and it is white as snow.

Has anyone encountered the same problems and know how to fix it?

ok for users of the patch with the grenade problem

http://tootallinc.atwar.net/files/Configs.rar

download and use one of those configs

iv dl this and the folder says fixed exploding body effect rock.gif is this the right file or what crazy_o.gif errr or is this the right file did not do anything yet plz help :;):and will the file with the scripts in it mess with the exploding body effect because i love that effect biggrin_o.gif

Downloaded the full installer, installed it, downloaded the new patch, installed it, clicked the shortcut, set resolutions etc, then get the message

Addon 'Bas_Airweap' requires Addon 'bis_resistance'

Click OK on the info box then.....

Operation Flashpoint has encountered a problem and needs to close.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

I would of thought a complete conversion would of been complete of addons required, or is there a list somewhere stating you need extra addons for this Mod to work ?

@WordAss4Skin: what are your system specifications?

amd athlon 2400+

256 mb ati radeon graphics card

1024 mb ram

if i t was that u wondered?

Pappy are you using any HiRes Sky on 7.1?

My full instalation of Y2K3 gives me default BIS sky. Im using the Exploding bodys config.

Thats not a big problem but Im just curious.

I don't think it's due to having installed the Y2K3 mod, but recently I've been having OFP randomly crash to my desktop. The message always says there was an error with OFPR, and to report it. Of course I don't actually report this, but it's getting pretty annoying. At first I thought it was due to 7.0 of Y2K3 that I was running, but after the fresh install it's still occuring. So I wanted to know if anyone has been having this problem as well, it doesn't necessarily have to be frequent, but does anyone have OFPR Y2K3 crash to the desktop as I just described? Thanks

What GFX card do you have, and do you have the latest drivers. If you have an nVidia card and the LATEST drivers, then I think thats the problem (as I have an nVidia GeForce FX5900 XT with the latest drivers - I forget the version number, and both OFP and VB1 randomly crash). I suggest you at least try rolling back the drivers to a previous known-to-be-safe version.

71.89 is the latest nvidia graphics driver

Quote[/b] ]Pappy are you using any HiRes Sky on 7.1?

My full instalation of Y2K3 gives me default BIS sky. Im using the Exploding bodys config.

giving you present data and data3d.pbo files wouldnt work since OFP is customized to your computer only.. which means my data and data3d pbo file will NOT work on your computer. hell they wouldnt work from my laptop to my desktop. OFP is pissy like that. check Y2K3 downloads section and get the Y2K3 skypack. that installs the custom NVG, custom wrist watch, and custom skys

Quote[/b] ]this doesn't work, problem is the same. No grenade is showing when you throw them.

crazy_o.gif wtf. the ONLY thing i did to the grenades was take on that fused timer... in those fixed configs i deleted that script.

ok im out of suggestions... cept download the full installer. it seems that its the patch from hell... again. ugh i hate patchs.

from now on unless its a minor addon change (like updating an addon to be compatable with the latest release version) then im gonna do full installers.. cuz this patch crap just refuses to work for me. i dont know why... mabe im cursed.. mabe the addon gods hate me.. but i can never get a damn patch to work properly no matter how many months i spend making sure that all the files are there and work crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Addon 'Bas_Airweap' requires Addon 'bis_resistance'

Click OK on the info box then.....

ok for some reason the shortcut isnt reading your Res folder.. try editing your orginal OFP shortcut to use ... .EXE" -no splash -no map -mod=Y2K3;

Quote[/b] ]I would of thought a complete conversion would of been complete of addons required, or is there a list somewhere stating you need extra addons for this Mod to work ?

all addons required are in the full installer. before releasing a full install i run the installer.. re-install Y2K3 to my computer.. and then run it to make sure i didnt forget any addons smile_o.gif

so wtf errrr people got to start over on the y2k3 mod for this grenade problem mad_o.gif u just cant fix this problem rock.gif i know u tride to but dont give in or up on this plz fix this issue or what not so the people dont have to start from scratch mad_o.gif there has got to be something u can do to fix this wink_o.gif come on pappy ask for some help on the patchs from other moders or something next time if ur haveing problems with this patches wink_o.gif

ok heres the problem....

there is no problem.

and thats a real problem crazy_o.gif

in 7.0 no changes to hand grenades

in 7.1 script added to give grenades a 5 second fuse

in fixed config that script removed... sending hand grenades back to the way they were.

you still have a problem even after the fixed config.

which means this is a phantom problem that doesnt exsist... i cant fix whats not there crazy_o.gif