Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

Mi-26 "Halo" and soviet pilot pack relased

Hi all ,

Thanks [DPS]CCCP for such a great addon, you made my year smile_o.gif

I want to know if this problem is me or there ia a small bug in the M-26.

Whenever I use the script to drop paratroopers by the AI pilot flying the Mi-26 over a trigger

and not a waypoint the Mi-26 starts to turn as if someone applied rudders ... any ideas??

Script being used over trigger is [chopper_name,0] exec "\OWP_Mi26\scripts\desant.sqs"

Here is a pic

Mi-26.jpg

AI do have a problem with the paradrop script it seems... they stop following the waypoints set, and do seem to, like Speckfire said, apply rudders and start doing strange things tounge_o.gif

by the way in terms of cutscenes and intros to prevent the transported vehicle form having dust

have the helo fly over water.. then back over land.

over water = no dust

coming back over land it continues not to have any dust. so in terms of cutscenes and intros have it fly over water (a lake, a cove, a harbor, anything with water)

didnt have witht he BAS stuff because they only took certain vehicles which they could then control

this is due to hidden selections. the vehicle you load into the MH47E are either put into a box or just apper. then later spawned when u drop it.

i dont recall ever having this problem with the craned vehicles (on the hook) in this chopper or the BAS ones.

the dust is only in the vehicles loaded in cargo

Great Helo!!! Any chance someone could make a simple sample mission for a full troop para over nogova? I can't seem to get it to work sad_o.gif But I suck at scripts anyway.

Just a mission where I can see how to do it for myself later on.

Thx

Pappy... i know how it works wink_o.gif hehehe - but i think having a little bit of dust is a small small small sacrifice compared to a script that allows any apc and car class to be carried... great stuff

EDIT: for some reason it just started working when I re-downloaded it. Curious.

I had that if you mean that the heli was destroyed, had to open the rear doors.. made sense after I did it!!

Redownloading the addon just incase it was currupt. I'm annoyed its saying my 1.5 gig machine is low spec now.. =(

Seems to still have the issue, I just redid the pilots proxie and problem was corrected.

No More Spetznaz HOOK driving while swining from under the heli like Spidermand Kicking Yankey Running Dog Imperist Americanski with straffing runs.

He'll have to use the cargohook like everyone else. =P

Im pretty sure that there is a major bug in the geometry of this chopper that causes it to turn on its own when flying straight and makes it impossible to land with the engine on.  I remember your original version that was released a couple years ago had these same problems so I looked up the old thread for that one and found this post from that genius FlipeR:

Quote[/b] ]@CCCP Stalker: About the problems users and AI are having when flying this "Mishko"   - looking at the model I found out that your Geometry LOD is not correctly done - It's not convex! Try applying "component convex hull" again and also lower the gravity center a bit! I would try it myself but I must hurry to school now...

See ya! And keep the good work!

FlipeR

Im thinking this is most likely the problem with this chopper, which is otherwise an amazing addon.

Hehe:))

No, no, we made absolutely new model, with absolutely new geometry's LODs. Problem isn't here

Suprising no one but Shadow has mentioned the Wrong texture Ratio error when using in MP ( Total Server crash and CTD for all players), other than its an awesome bird!

Has no one tried it yet in MP other than us? We even tracked down the Culprit textures, Shadow  listed three of the big ones, and the rest were the 8 x textures..

Quote[/b] ]So far the following files have been discovered to cause this: det2.pac , det11.pac and h1.pac

I believe there are more textures with the same aspect ratio (16x256 and 8x128).

Love the addons keep up the great work

I wonder why a texture size can make everyone to crash when playing online, while making no problem offline ?

I guess it has something to do with the engine and the network-code.

But it's indeed a bit strange. And a very stupid thing for addonmakers too. Finally completed you addon and that you find out it makes MP-games crash. Than you have to do a big part over again.

I've tried it in MP but had no problems with it, everything was fine and worked, apart from we couldn't get a jeep in the crago version, but the under slung one worked OK.

Suprising no one but Shadow has mentioned the Wrong texture Ratio error when using in MP ( Total Server crash and CTD for all players), other than its an awesome bird!

Has no one tried it yet in MP other than us? We even tracked down the Culprit textures, Shadow listed three of the big ones, and the rest were the 8 x textures..

Quote[/b] ]So far the following files have been discovered to cause this: det2.pac , det11.pac and h1.pac

I believe there are more textures with the same aspect ratio (16x256 and 8x128).

We tried it on our server too. I changed all "bad" textures (the bigdoor_2.pac had to be changed, too) and made a small demo-mission with the Mi26 (Cargo) and Skycrane.

The Skycrane works ok, a little delay but still ok i think. At least all players saw the Truck hanging below the chopper and the "Drop cargo" option worked too. But the Cargo-Version is un-playable. The pilot saw the Vehicle in cargo, all others saw it on the ground flipping arround and suddly the lag started sad_o.gif

There was a delay of about 5 min! crazy_o.gif Even admin-commands (restart/reassign/etc) didn't work

Would be great if you could try to fix that, because it would be really sad if we can't use this great chopper in MP.

MfG MEDICUS

I've tried it in MP but had no problems with it, everything was fine and worked, apart from we couldn't get a jeep in the crago version, but the under slung one worked OK.

You need to run it on a dedicated server for it to crash the server.

Medicus, is it useable the way you got it now?

Just figuring if I should include it or not in our addon-pack (at ASP)

Medicus, is it useable the way you got it now?

It doesn't crash the server anymore, but the cargo-version is way to laggy (at least on our server). Tried it in a mission like this: 3 Pilots, 2 Mi-26 (cargo and skycrane), 2 empty BMP and 2 empty URAL / Island: Everon.

The bandwidth dropt to 4-10, desync went up to 100000 and the server didn't react on admin-commands for about 3-4 min when we used the cargo-version, the Skycrane worked much better, still a bit laggy but no desync or bandwidth problems.

I think the fuel,medic and passanger version should work good (not that much scripts included) but didn't try it.

MfG MEDICUS

Thanks for the details, Medicus.

But I'm afraid this addon goes out of our pack. Atleast untill the scripts are mp-friendly. Main reason to use this addon was the cargo-version.

Great heli!!! Love the option to just shove whatever you want in there (except tanks of course) without having to "lock" it in place. Would be nice to be able to keep the cargo bay open while in flight so we can shoot our cannons out the back :P

Is it just me or is there suppose to be noise when opening the cargo bay? It looks big and machinary usually doesn't stay silent biggrin_o.gif Also, sometimes when I get out of the chopper and get back in, my foot goes into the panels... Is it possible to crank up the engine volume when you open the windows?

Thanks for the details, Medicus.

But I'm afraid this addon goes out of our pack. Atleast untill the scripts are mp-friendly. Main reason to use this addon was the cargo-version.

The older version with the PK and unarmed is far more MP friendly. and lacks the features and heaavy scripting, it also handles better when AI fly her. "If you need them I retained the pack just cause I used to use em a lot in MP, just made far too easy of a target and dropped back to Mi17s, Mi24, Mi2, and KA60s. Smaller faster harder to hit.

Anything with that much level of scripts is going to create havoc on the servers. Due to the scripting issues vs network code.

What session you have even long enough to setup cargo movements before somebody drilled you in the head with an RPG? Maybe the code could be refined to be a bit more MP friendly, but just the cargo code alone looks kinda heh, diffcult in this form to be MP capable. Bad enough most of the repelling scripts choke in MP so you end up following your scrad hovering in the air in the fetal postion. Somebody using dial up with one of thses birds in game, that would crash it right there unable to keep up with the visual aspect of things.

What session you have even long enough to setup cargo movements before somebody drilled you in the head with an RPG?

I play coop only.

I wanted this helo because of its transport capability.

same here smile_o.gif the ability to transport any car/apc class means that when we get new addons on the server, we dont have a chopper which cant carry it

We are work on patch now. Much of issues allready fixed. And we plan include some new features. I hope that we start our dead OFP server soon, so we can optimize scripts to MP. Possibility relase date of patch - end of january.