Sign in to follow this  
ofpeditor

OE...a FATHER!?

Run for the hills, there's a another OE on the way!

After a trip to get another ultrasound, it's been confirmed - our family is growing +1. The missus started the nesting process; I've been leaving straw around the house for her to create her new roost and unruffle her feathers a bit. I've been practicing the Yes, Dear and started singing to her stomach; never thought this old man could be a softie, eh?  tounge_o.gif  

I got out a needle and thread and already stitched another 1-inch stocking for the holidays  xmas_o.gif

Just thought I'd let some of you ol' BAS lads know and update you a bit on the going-ons in my life...beat you to it Ebud! hope everything is going well with everyone, and I'll be sure to stick around a bit more and fill you guys in on the progress.

You sly old dawg you.

Congrats matey, "nice work" as they say biggrin_o.gif

congrats to you and Mrs OE!

OE oe

maybe one day it'll be a whole squad of them?

OE oe oe oe oe oe oe

..."oe3 get in pram 10 O'Clock"

scary!

;)

Congratulations, say "good bye" to life as you know it and prepare for many a sleepless night biggrin_o.gif

Don't worry, you'll have your life back in 18 or so years wink_o.gif

Good luck biggrin_o.gif

hahaha...i signed my death warrant when the doctor told me she really was pregnant. i looked at the beaming young lady and said, "phew! its about time i have another voice to nag me!" hahaha...that went over realllly well. there's not a chance in hell i'm going to let myself miss this devil being born; i already let our admin know the ETA on his (or her for that matter - jesus, another ponytail stomping around the house?!) arrival. i'll apply for a LOA to help out. i wasn't sure how i'd feel hearing that i'd be a dad. i knew i'd love the news, i just didn't know that i'd be this elated.

things have been going really well since getting back. my sister had her first kid, i found out i'll be a father (let's gooooooooo, let it be a boooy!), took some MUCH needed vacation, and signed on another contract. looks like i'll be able to keep food on the table a while longer!

thanks for the kind words, guys...glad to see you're all still around and kicking!

smile_o.gif

Congratulations, say "good bye" to life as you know it and prepare for many a sleepless night biggrin_o.gif

Don't worry, you'll have your life back in 18 or so years wink_o.gif

Good luck biggrin_o.gif

1 spawn is a big tranisition as it is...but i heard it's not quite as overwhelming as making the move from +1 to +2. my mother flew out to see us and made the comment that when dealing with children, 1+1 NEVER equals 2. the responsibility jump from an only child to having a brother or sister is exponential. with how i used to pick on my sisters, i can see that being extremely true. but it's purely endearing, we're a close-knit family even now. tounge_o.gif

pray to God it's a boy first. otherwise i'm going to need to make sure every boy in town knows i have guns and knives. mwahahaahaha.

"So Jimmy...*picks up the 226*...what time should I expect you two back, hmmmmm?"  wink_o.gif

Haha, verry good news OE! xmas_o.gif

Glad you're back and that it worked out THAT well for you biggrin_o.gif

congratulations! xmas_o.gif

if it is a girl, maybe Avon can be the virtual OFP godmother. if a boy, maybe me!(then again, maybe not tounge_o.gif )

Like...................

So? rock.gif

wink_o.gif

EDIT: Moderators, change the thread title. I thought this was a discussion on a new Outlook Express release.

Like...................

So? rock.gif

wink_o.gif

EDIT: Moderators, change the thread title. I thought this was a discussion on a new Outlook Express release.

ZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNG!

Congratulations

smile_o.gif

That's one christmas present of its kind smile_o.gif

I didn't know messing around with (the) ofpeditor could get one pregnant ...

j/k

congrats

Congratulations!   biggrin_o.gif

/edit

A new generation of OFP players is clearly being born. I now know four new dads from the community.

Keep on trying and practising the rest of you. OFP forever!   unclesam.gif

Either way, it's 18 years of OPFOR, and then however many more of OPFOR-in-laws. Enjoy the peace and quiet while you have it, a USMC Major friend came home from Kuweit to twins they nicknamed "Shock" and "Awe". This was after they hadn't been able to have kids since they got married about the time of GW1. Consider yourself lucky, and congratulations.

Whaddya know.....the gun was loaded and not shooting blanks after all biggrin_o.gif

Congrats OE.....although it does bring to mind that saying about the gene pool having no lifeguard wink_o.gif

Hope things go well for the next 6-9 months. At least you've had plenty of practice not sleeping in the bush to prepare you for sleepless nights at home.

Congrats man, miracle of life is always great news, now thats one early xmas present you will never forget xmas_o.gif .

Congratulations dude!

Yeah, if I was ya, enjoy the time now. You will end up with a house sounding like a construction site whn you have a mini OE! lol

Congrats and Good Luck!

p.s. You need to introduce it to the OFP forums within at least 6 weeks of birth. That way it could end up being a uber modder. lol

OE:

Congrats. Finally had a chance to check the boards now that I'm back, and look what I find!

Enjoy your new Christmas news and take care of the missus.

Congrats to everyone, now continue the rest in private please smile_o.gif