kavoven

AEF-Campaign: Train Addon FINISHED

Can I have a PUKF Rover onto the stakes wagon via driving it on on starting with it loaded?

I have tried both.

anyone know a script or trick to get an entire ai train (engine+wagons) to connect easily? I have having trouble getting ai to form an entire connected train to move around.

Attach a waggon1 to another waggon2 via script

[waggon1, waggon2] exec "\AEF_Train\script\Attach.sqs"

attention: be sure that waggon2 doesn't allready tow one!

??

anyone know a script or trick to get an entire ai train (engine+wagons) to connect easily? I have having trouble getting ai to form an entire connected train to move around.

Attach a waggon1 to another waggon2 via script

[waggon1, waggon2] exec "\AEF_Train\script\Attach.sqs"

attention: be sure that waggon2 doesn't allready tow one!

??

or you could jsut place the car (icons) connecting in the eidotr.. go in game and you will see that all the cars are automaticly connected smile_o.gif

another thing is to assign the AI one waypoint, limited speed, backwards... then assign a new one goin the other directoin adn this way he actualy connects it himself too (great for intros/outros/cutscenes/other things smile_o.gif

Very good, guys, very-very.

I am too lazy to read all tread, maybe someone already said this, but I just want to make some minor notices:

- AI is too stupid, exactly in forest.

- sometimes wagons become damaged and passengers die when driving.

- It will be better, if there will be one complete railroad on island istead of four smaller ones.

Anyway, it's a really great addon.

@ Nov. 23 2004,22:16)]- It will be better, if there will be one complete railroad on island istead of four smaller ones.

I think there will be a hugh one on Phoenix Island smile_o.gif

(...refering to the screens i saw in the AEF-Phoenix Isl-topic)

@ Nov. 24 2004,00:16)]Very good, guys, very-very.

I am too lazy to read all tread, maybe someone already said this, but I just want to make some minor notices:

- AI is too stupid, exactly in forest.

- sometimes wagons become damaged and passengers die when driving.

- It will be better, if there will be one complete railroad on island istead of four smaller ones.

Anyway, it's a really great addon.

1. AI = Stupid = YES ! ^^ Try to set the Speed in your Waypoints to full. This might be working.

2. hmm .. this could be, when your PC has got to much to do

3. PI will have 1 Large Railroadtrack. Treben is just an DemoIsland !

Thank you for responding so fast.

You, guys, did something "impossible", something that breaks OFP limitations, so you're a proud of community. Thank a lot for this work, amigos)

Can I have a PUKF Rover onto the stakes wagon via driving it on on starting with it loaded?

I have tried both.

In the init line of the stakes waggon call:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this exec "\AEF_Train\script\transport.sqs"

As K@voven stated, every stakes waggon needs to start this script, if it's planned to transport vehicles on them.

btw. If several stakes waggons are attached to each other, you can driver over them till you reach the last waggon.

Is there any way to make the Train drive faster when you drive backwards? I think the Train is much to slow when driving backwards.

After giving the train tons of testing, it seems as if it works fairly well with a human driver. However with an AI driver, even with alot of waypoints set to full, the train still seems to get stuck in places no matter how many waypoints I put. Also even using the script above for attaching waggons, often the AI train will still leave some of the waggons behind.

In other words it doesn't consistently work. I did however get the cargo stakes waggon to work fine using the script for attaching cargo. I put one of the WWII era wolkswagon cars on it (using a getpos script to place it on the stakes waggon) and it worked very nicely. The problem was the AI didn't always pull that stakes wagon and sometimes left it behind despite the proper scripts. So I'm trying to figure out right now what can be done to make it work more consistently. I'm also trying to figure out which track routes work best for getting the train to go on a circuit using the cycle waypoint as the last waypoint. If I do figure it out, I'll perhaps make a template mission that hopefully will work for everyone else.

Right now I'm trying to make a WWII 101st Airborne mission where you play the part of a US Army paratrooper trying to take out German supply lines.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

How do I set a rail to straight by a script? I've searched this topic and the readme, thanks!

EDIT: Also in my mission the russian soldiers doesen't seem to like the train very much, once they get the chance they start bombarding it with grenades.. Dunno, if thats a error in my mission, though...

Another problem with ai I have noticed is that even when speed is set to full they drive relatively slow when compared to the speeds that a human driver is capable of reaching.

I have tried both.

In the init line of the stakes waggon call:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this exec "\AEF_Train\script\transport.sqs"

As K@voven stated, every stakes waggon needs to start this script, if it's planned to transport vehicles on them.

btw. If several stakes waggons are attached to each other, you can driver over them till you reach the last waggon.

I did try that and still it fell off when I moved the train off?

This will work with the train being loaded or how do I start off with one loaded.

I am thick on these things btw.

This will work with the train being loaded or how do I start off with one loaded.

What kind of objects do you try to move?

Currently only class "car" is supported.

has anyone noticed that the trains seem to have trouble going uphill...or is it just me rock.gif  otherwise nice work

Yup also expirienced this. For example near the port in the south of the island i'am getting always stuck, but only if i drive an engine without any waggons. rock.gif

What kind of objects do you try to move?

Currently only class "car" is supported.

PUKF LR and Warrior (Warrior needs a wider flatbed so it will not load atm).

EDIT: Also in my mission the russian soldiers doesen't seem to like the train very much, once they get the chance they start bombarding it with grenades.. Dunno, if thats a error in my mission, though...

that also happened to me .. but i used HYK´s west soldiers, strange  rock.gif

That's because I think it setpos's a target that the soldiers think is an enemy.

I only THINK this is the cause, because I saw in their scripts somewhere about a target or something, I'm not 100% sure.

I downloaded and burnt the train on cd at a friends place yesterday and got the chance to try the train,

its really fun to play around with but i also noticed when i had some earl and suchey russians standing around the train and i attacked them but they suddenly started to fire on one of the wagons strangely enough tounge_o.gif 2 ruskies got killed before i fired a single shoot biggrin_o.gif and once i drove the train with a east soldier in one of the wagons and some civilians also and i stoped the train and changed the track so that it would be curve, suddenly some russians in the forest attacked the train instead of me crazy_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif really crazy and the best thing was i was running to the train to drive away quickly when i got hit by grenade that was probably meant for the train tounge_o.gif

I must say this is a very very big achievement, i think this is one of the best addons in recent times, after watching the videos released, i jumped at the chance to download the trains, all i need to do tonight is download the new updates, once again, well done and thanks for such a great addon, perhaps this could lead to even bigger developments? smile_o.gif

The point about attacking is due to the reason, that the train is allways "on the player side".

This will be changed in next release.