Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

USA Politics Thread - *No gun debate*

For me it's mind-boggling to see the definition of "left-wing" from US-Americans :o

There is probably a difference in politics about the definition and opinions, especially in comparison to germany, which plays still a special role anyway, when it comes to left-wing or right-wing. The pure capitalism and the nation educating about it reflects a different view about european welfare states and their own social market system.

Personally, I believe that the general attitude of mocking the Right today comes from the outright labeling of Obama a Muslim "enemy in the midst"/Nazi/Communist/White-hater/Antichrist that secretley wants to tear down our great nation and implement sharia law. Romney won't say it -but you hear it literally everywhere among Anti-Obama types.

This would be the equivalent of Anti-Romney's stating that Romney secretly wants to subvert us all under Mormon law and lead an invasion from his Mormon home planet of Kolob. Its just ridiculous.

2E87gciwebw

Romney secretly wants to subvert us all under Mormon law and lead an invasion from his Mormon home planet of Kolob.

What ? I knew it...:cylon::lookaround::cylon:

Edited by ProfTournesol

Wow can´t believe how stupid that woman is....

I bet she doesn´t even know WHAT a communist actually is....

Wow can´t believe how stupid that woman is....

I bet she doesn´t even know WHAT a communist actually is....

Just speaking out loud, to speak out loud. That and her ego, plus nothing else.

And for reasoning what communism is, well the idea isn't bad, but the actual performance had gone horribly wrong.

This is communism the way it had gone up until now: Indeed for some people, by some people, with thanks to said nasty people!

Those select few power-wielding people constantly abuse systems, and not the other way around! And no system is political-criminal proof.

With politically criminal elements I meant to refer to the fact that they make themselves look bad, worse even each time they tell a single lie.

Why lie? National security? For whom? The people? I think not for them. Only for them pocket-liners called politicians and their little friends.

It doesn't matter for the outcome what or who you vote. They always surge about on the tide of lies. Politics and truth don't run well together.

Edited by Thani '82

God bless America ;)

If you've never seen Idiocracy -go see it. Its hilarious but moreso very telling

BBvIweCIgwk

No matter what candidate wins, I'll go on living my life, doing as I please just as before.

No, you wont. You will be paying more for goods and services via inflation - the silent tax. Your children will be $26+ in college debt, while working in jobs that don't require a college education. Both Republicans and Democrats love creating public policy that end freedoms. And according to the ACLU, every American (300 million) breaks something like 20 laws a day (I forgot the actual number). With spending cuts at the federal and state level, your school district thinks raising property taxes is the answer to everything, which then means the value of your house is artificially increased. While that might seem like a good thing, it's not to you and to potential buyers, who move further away or just rent.

Do you want me to keep going?

I wouldn't be the first to cast the first stone, Tonic. I mean, your country isn't exactly the bastion of all that is just and righteous. The last I checked, your government tells you what symbols you can or can't display or what political ideology you can or can't associate with.

Edited by Hans Ludwig

I like Hans Ludwig. The guy is sensible.

No, you wont. You will be paying more for goods and services via inflation - the silent tax. Your children will be $26+ in college debt, while working in jobs that don't require a college education. Both Republicans and Democrats love creating public policy that end freedoms. And according to the ACLU, every American (300 million) breaks something like 20 laws a day (I forgot the actual number). With spending cuts at the federal and state level, your school district thinks raising property taxes is the answer to everything, which then means the value of your house is artificially increased. While that might seem like a good thing, it's not to you and to potential buyers, who move further away or just rent.

Do you want me to keep going?

I wouldn't be the first to cast the first stone, Tonic. I mean, your country isn't exactly the bastion of all that is just and righteous. The last I checked, your government tells you what symbols you can or can't display or what political ideology you can or can't associate with.

You mean Germany or Croatia?

I like Hans Ludwig. The guy is sensible.

Yeah but he definitely got a point and I'm not referring to the symbols.

No matter what candidate wins, I'll go on living my life, doing as I please just as before.

Please send update reports in about a years time. Funny enough those people in positions of influence have the same outlook, they will also be "doing as they please just like before" but with someone above them doing the same and so on, not realising that what they please is within a confined box.

Get a room full of people who like to do as they please together long enough and watch it fall apart, reality TV is a good example.

No, you wont. .

Yes, I will :)

You must have missed the context of my statement -I said I'll still be doing whatever I want -the same as I am now. I never said the national economy or deficit will certainly be better. My point was to the never ending chicken littles who always claim the sky is falling and if candidate X don't win -we're gonna lose all of our freedoms and suffer martial law.

Please send update reports in about a years time

No problem. :)

Edited by froggyluv

if candidate X don't win -we're gonna lose all of our freedoms and suffer martial law.

Weird, I seem to recall this happening a few times throughout history...

And not a single damn thing changed that night. Get ready for four more years of the same old deadlocked nothing.

And not a single damn thing changed that night. Get ready for four more years of the same old deadlocked nothing.

Maybe maybe not. One positive is that Republicans are apparently running for the exits to now distance themselves from Grover Norquist, Founder of American for Tax Reform and on a slightly ironic twist also founder of the Islamic Institute. Many moderate Republicans have been absolutely strongarmed into signing this mans pledge that leaves them zero room for negotioting with the Democrats -as zero tax revenue increase is off the table before they could begin. Some gridlock can and should be allieviated should this prove to be true.

Like George Herbert Walker Bush stated "Who the hell is Grover Norquist..?!?"

Congrats President Obama.