Sign in to follow this  
BoweryBaker

what kind of player are you?

Now I'm the kind of person who is really competitive in a team environment to be leader.  I am also the type who will gladly step down to let someone who is better than me lead if i am sure without a shadow of a doubt that he can help me where i cannot help myself.  Most of the time if I am not confident in my leader, I will rebel, or lead myself elsewhere.  In real life and in clans I see alot of occassions where people don't just choose a leader because of their applicable skill but for other reasons that have nothing at all to do with the situation, and you can't do that in a combat environment or any other environment so I make sure that if I'm going to lead, I have high confidence in myself. Not over confident, but confident. Over confident would be the absence of the confidence you think you have. Now, this all goes into multiplayer games. Especially co op. That's where i get to shine. I like to show off and be all badass on the net, especially when im doing a good job you can tell because of the way that ill be talking to everyone, but if i'm not doing so good you can also tell by the attitude I show. I hate when my attitude clearly shows that I am unconfident in myself at the moment, but then all of a sudden people are asking me to lead, it sux, but in that case you may just go with it at times and you may surprise yourself, when you can afford to gamble.

depends, if im the leader, u listen to me, or u get a kick/TK(well, not always.. but u get the point)...

if im not, well, ill just listen to the leader/stick to the others...

also.. teamplay IS really important for me,

like, when a guy is hit in the legs and cant run, i want my whole team to defend that guy, even though that means we all die... (well, this kinda depends on the mission/how long we have been playing/respawn yes/no (no respawn rules, but the waiting sucks so its better to get the whole team killed  wink_o.gif ))

Okay now we're getting into how to act as a leader.  I usually let people rebel on me, I'm the type of leader who will tell you what to do so that you may live, kinda like a buddy.  I'll say, "we need to get out of here" and if you stay and die, its because you disobeyed.  I might say "if we attack those people we lose the mission" so if they attack ill be like "are you stupid?"  its that simple.  I don't just give blind orders or really any orders because all the orders are in the briefing. When it comes to tactics, I'll say if we attack from this side, we face this, whatever, and what im going to do so that such and such will take place and be like "stay with me if you want to live" on some Micheal Biehn sh*t.  When its time to fight, i make sure im doing the fighting with everyone else.  I never send someone from the group to do something alone, we all do it at the same time as a unit.  I don't want people thinking im a p*ssy and that everyone else is expendable because im not a p*ssy and everyone is not expendable.  I hate it when leaders give blind orders for one lone man to do something, thats when if im the lone soldier i rebel, so, i try to provide an environment where we all are together by stating the science of the battle to my team so that they know what will happen, and can agree on how they're going to help the team, which usually falls in line with the mission objective.  Then we all fight together.  I like to get a response from my soldiers too.  I'll say, "you guys cool with this plan?" and usually they feel really good that im actually asking if they are okay with the plan, they feel a part of whats going on.

Tankie, I'd dispute that, but since you're one of my lads, I have to agree biggrin_o.gif

Me, personally? I'm happier in a team than on my own, and I prefer to fight defensively, drawing the enemy out of cover and making them attack me. I also have a thing for firepower, and lots of it. Like, a GPMG or two covering us from that hill over there, an LMG or two in a section, a grenade launcher here or there, a few LAWs, lots of bullets for everone, a few grenades maybe, sidearms, an IFV on call ready to lay down cannon fire, maybe a light chopper or two with rockets on standby. For me, overkill's preferable to just making sure biggrin_o.gif

IMHO, a leader is a person who people follow without him saying a word. The moment you start thinking of yourself as the most important part of your team because you've got an extra stripe is usually the moment your team loses faith in you because you're the almighty. Luckily, the moment you think you're the almighty is usually the moment you stick your head out too far around a corner and lose it.

Q. What kind of player are you?

A. The best.

Yep well there can only be one "best" aorund here. lol

He's not lying though. He's so hardcore, if he moved in next door to you, your lawn would die.

I want everybody in my squad operational, if they do not obey every order i give them i just tell them to do their own fucking buisness , but atleast 300 feet away from me, cause if he brings the rest into danger... "whoops! finger slipped! sorry! =)" tounge_o.gif .

or i just order my entire squad to open fire on him, most of the times they find the "ALL, TARGET SOLDIER ( sandvoss ) so funny they'll actually do it! biggrin_o.gif

A. The best.

oh yeah rock.gif

tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

A. Strategic. I'll gladly set up a roadblock in a CTI game and oversee the defenses myself. It's fun blockading Levie and the surrounding passable terrain, or perhaps setting up in Montignac with a few LAWs.

I'll also take on a leading role often, planning multi-unit assaults with support. E.G. I'll take a Cobra and provide cover for the 3 infantry moving in in a HMMWV and the one heavy armor coming in in an M1A2. Ideally the Cobra deals with enemy armor while the infantry take out AT defenses. The armor comes in and mops up remaining infantry and captures the town.

Sweet and simple. I will do my objectives. I will try to do my best and extra go behind enemy lines. I also help my teamates alot.

BB, do you mean this thread as player of games in general, or player of OFP? If it's specifically about OFP, we can move it to General wink_o.gif

My entire style of playing changes from game to game and group to group.

OFP (Public Multi-play) : I try to play with conservative tactics until I figure out the opponent, and then push aggressively.  I try to organize something within the team, say a two or three man team (Myself with one or two others) and take certain objectives.  Nothing too crazy

OFP (Forum night/games with internet freinds) : Usually try to have a good time, nothing too agressive or defensive.  Play for the fun of it, and for the bragging rights.  wink_o.gif

OFP (With USMC-Warriors squadmates) : Follow orders as best I can.  Listen more than I talk.  Only some inside jokes.  Do what my Squad/Fireteam leader tells me.  Pretty much how you can expect to play with a bunch of guys from the United States Marine Corps.

Half-Life MP : Crazy.  Then again that's how you have to be in HL online.  Jumping and shooting and moving all over the place.

TFC : Stay alive and support teammates.  Can't really work with anyone, so indirect teamwork does it's thing.

Counter-Strike : Employ as many real world tactics as is plausible in this game.  Try to get at most one person to work with.  Two people working together can take on an entire team of independent players.  I play a little more goofy and talk a little more goofy.  All goes to fitting in with them (Helps teamwork) and getting the other guys on the team talking to each other

Americas Army : Same deal as with OFP with USMC Squadmates.  Do exactly what the the squad/fireteam leaders say.  Take command when needed etc.  If I'm on a public server, I try to get some teamwork, as far as giving general direction of enemies and covering teammates.

Halo (PC) : For an unrealisitic game, real world tactics go a long way. Shooting and moving, covering fire, planned approaches and defenses, it works. I try not to type on there, tend to get into arguments with people saying how "good" they are. Try to get some teamwork. Find a guy and cover him, eventually he realizes you are there and helps you out too.

Really changes with the game. But overall I try to do what I have to.

Depends on the game.

Mostly harrasing the other team. But always in service of the team, if an essential spot needs filling I'll do that before I go out to have fun.

eg. In Tribes 2 I'll be the little cloaking git who blows up your generators and keeps them down for a while, or the sniper who saps you of some energy and the skiing off. That is, when the sensor and turret grid I put up is adequately doing its job back at the home base.

In AOK I'd send one forward villager to build a hidden barracks on your territory, and then later in the game use those for a surprise attack. Love a 3vs3, I loathe 1vs1's, so stupidly competitive.

CS? Try to cooperate with mates/random people on the server.

Sometimes go mad with dual berreta's and an automatic shotgun. biggrin_o.gif

I am going to have to copy Harnu here. biggrin_o.gif

Call of Duty:

SP:Providing Covering fire to my fellow scripted AI buddies. tounge_o.gif

MP: I like to use tactics alot, moving in slowly, using covering fire and watching peoples 6 o' clocks.

Revolt Mod When I'm not bitching about inaccuracies in the weapons or equipment, I rush in to high places and report enemy positions.

HALO:

SP:I try and save as many marines as I can.

MP: I usually like to ride shotgun in a warthog or stay on base and play defensively.

Ghost Recon:

SP:I always have one squad go ahead and then switch to the advancing squad and have them move up. Lots of flanking involved.

OFP:

SP:Similar to HALO. I try and save as many Nato troops as I can. I sometimes get carried away with the M60. tounge_o.gif

And for MP?....

tkorff.jpg

blues.gif

OFP:

SP:Similar to HALO. I try and save as many Nato troops as I can. I sometimes get carried away with the M60. tounge_o.gif

And for MP?....

http://img72.exs.cx/img72/5072/tkorff.jpg

blues.gif

And when I'm your fire team leader, you continually ask permission to shoot yellow flares... tounge_o.gif

I love guns and i love vehicles! I love addons too and features.. smile_o.gif

If a blackhawk has a uber rope ladder to extract your team with and Flares and AA alerts i will go into the hot lz where the rpg's are flying around me and evacing the team i'll gladly do it and scream in the mic when i get hit or near hit biggrin_o.gif

i fire those extra 30 rounds some times when i see many many enemies but if you have to be carefull and stuff with very few enemies and they don't have jam hd weapons i can do the sneaky metal gear solid style to wink_o.gif when flying troop transports i try to fly somewhere between 50-20, because i don't wanna have lag and crash into a power line and kill the team tounge_o.gif

if you have to run from A-C or go to B and get the bike and go faster to C i'll do the fast way smile_o.gif

i play many of my own missions i make mostly coop but they are fun because you can play them with your friends or alone with the a.i or just entirely alone. I always take sidearms with me even if i don't alwasy get to use them, its the extra safety feeling that you get when you know you got a few extra fire power on you.

i could type in more but i have illustrator class now so i have to go. tounge_o.gif

in MP i try to follow orders when givin, if none are givin i follow along but for the most part i like to try and get the job done anyway i can.

i prefer to fly if/when i can, i enjoy the whole insert, support, extract role the most. ill set my bird down in any heat. if its a cargo helo (H60) then i wnat aplayer gunner and i want him to unload every gull darn round at whats shooting at us.

if im in an attack helo.. you get in as my gunner ill cuss your ass out. i had player gunners in attack helos they take about an hour and a half to target somethng. whats worse is.. half the time they dont even see it. if im flying AH1.. get the hell out of my gunners seat. if your an enemy on the ground. you will hear me, you will see a large fireball, and your seagull can view my tailrotor as i fly by. i fly fast i fly low i strike hard and i leave...

i dont stick around telling jack smitt "target that guy... no on teh left... YOUR OTHER LEFT JACKASS.. ok you see that thing with the RPG on his back? thats the *boom* that was the enemy you dumb son of a bitch... him: i didnt see him i got no target recticul you were flying to fast"

but mainly, "what kind of player are you" im a pilot, people on the ground, their lives are in my hands, and i know that, so i do my damn best to keep them alive.

what kind of flashpoint player/owner am i? well to me flashpoint isnt a game, its a religous way of life blues.gif i spend most of my day playing or modding OFP, at night, i have flashbacks from campaigns and missions. i go to work and tell "war stories" from what i did. and im proud of them.

I very occansilny play MP but i'm the guy that when the guy sez jump I say Ok. I follow the leader and not a ery good leader. I like being with the men on the front as a grunt. smile_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif yeah war sories, man i told those stories to my friends so much , some of them don't like ofp and they get very annoyed when i get all "rushy" and tell my war stories to them tounge_o.gif Sometimes you could make movies or books from your lan and internet gaming stories, i remember once in mfcti a english friend of mine didn't have any ammo left so he sabotaged the enemy base the one way ticket tounge_o.gif by flying his A-10 into their base steuctures killing a dozen enemies and trashing 1-2 buildings that where to close to eachother biggrin_o.gif

One of my very favorite flashpoint stories are the times when i have to play with people from a foreign country like France of Mexico. I really enjoy trying to communicate what to do with them when they ask me stuff in their language. lol biggrin_o.gif