Sign in to follow this  
Colossus

UEFA Champions League 2004/05

Dudek was miles off his line each time, he should of been called for that. And if he kept doing it, i would of sent the wanker off, he doesn't know how stupid he made himself look.

Liverpool shouldn't of even been in the final, but saying that doesn't actually change anything.

Champions of Europe: Yes

Best team in Europe: Not by a long shot.

Dudek was miles off his line each time, he should of been called for that. And if he kept doing it, i would of sent the wanker off, he doesn't know how stupid he made himself look.

Liverpool shouldn't of even been in the final, but saying that doesn't actually change anything.

No Liverpool supporter, eh?

Quote[/b] ]Champions of Europe: Yes

That I would agree on, they were very lucky this time (No offence Liv.pool supporters)

How did they not seserve to be in the final?

Dudek is no different from any other keeper when it comes to penalties they all stary off so yea deal with it.

Liverpool are one of the few teams in Europe with real grit and determination and great supporters i doubt it would have been the same if Man U or Arsenal had been there. To score 3 goals in 5 minutes against AC Milan shows that they can be one of the greatest teams in Europe.

dont be so bitter.

sure, they were a bit lucky. but turning a 3-0 against AC MILAN (!) to a victory is indeed a masterpiece!

_41185457_gerrardtrophy.jpg

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

FACT!

Bordoy.. Who cares what you think bud.. Your team are a bit shit and won't win the European cup again in your lifetime.. now anyway so stop the sour grapes lad and let us enjoy our little ray of sunshine for once please without the bitter comments..

Notice no Milan fans here complaining? Only a Forest fan who had his glory a long time ago yet lost it a long time ago as well....

YNWA

P.s I'm over the moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Nice picture

<s>@[Ash]

*Hint*100kb*hint*</s>

EDIT: Note to my self, learn the difference between 10kb and 100kb.

Man U fan here .....

Congradulations ..amazing comeback and a well deserved win !!!

Nice picture.. biggrin_o.gif

Just can't believe it.. Wife wanted to go home at half time yet I thought let's see what happens.. We were underdogs and in all honesty I never expected to win.. But to score 3 times in like 6 mins then win on penalties is simply fairytale stuff indeed.. Probably the greatest comeback ever seeing as though we were so awful in the first 45.. I definetly want whatever rafa put in the lads drinks at half time.

I've always known we had our name on this trophy as I kept saying it on and on again.. biggrin_o.gif

I'm so happy and the atmosphere here in Liverpool is incredible.. Parties.. Cars beeping everywhere, Fireworks going off and it's 00:40am in the morning.. It's fantastic!!.. It was like we'd just won the Eurpoean cup!! Oh wait.. We have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll never forget this night as long as I live..

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Milan was the better team they have played better than Liverpool but Liverpool believed and they won the CC cup wink_o.gif

Well deserved there is no such a rule the team that plays better must win.

Liverpool is a young team Ash have you watched the game from tv or was you in Istanbul rock.gif

Milan was the better team they have played better than Liverpool but Liverpool believed and they won the CC cup wink_o.gif

Well deserved there is no such a rule the team that plays better must win.

Liverpool is a young team Ash have you watched the game from tv or was you in Istanbul rock.gif

when he's in liverpool now, he most likely has watched it in tv... wink_o.gif

("I'm so happy and the atmosphere here in Liverpool is incredible.")

Erm.. Yes I watched the game in my local pub in Liverpool which was absolutely packed solid with fellow reds and a fantastic atmosphere as well..

The game had absolutely everything.. Heartbreak, adrenaline, tears, and overall happiness which in all honesty defines football to me..

I couldnt get to Istanbul but I did go to Rome in 1984 (European Cup) and Dortmund in 2001 (UEFA cup)...

I'll have a sore head tomorrow that's for sure

i still can't believe it... sure, Milan had its chances. the winner of a penalty shootout is a lucky winner most times... and you can't say that it is luck if you turn a 3-0...

btw, this is the result in german shortness: i.E. 2:3, n.V. 3:3 (3:3 (3:0)) wink_o.gif

My gf is a scouser, the trip home from Wallasey has been unbearable, and I thought I was one to gloat. Well done Liverpool!

Greatest comeback ever still goes to City against Spurs, 0-3 down at half-time, Barton sent off, come back to win 4-3. wink_o.gif

How did they not seserve to be in the final?

Dudek is no different from any other keeper when it comes to penalties they all stary off so yea deal with it.

Liverpool are one of the few teams in Europe with real grit and determination and great supporters i doubt it would have been the same if Man U or Arsenal had been there. To score 3 goals in 5 minutes against AC Milan shows that they can be one of the greatest teams in Europe.

dont be so bitter.

Well finishing 4th then 5th in domestic league aint exactly good if it's called The Champions League.

You obviosly didn't watch the FA Cup final or any other penalty shootout then. All other keepers would of been called up and told to stop. A Man Utd penalty was re-taken because keeper came off his line.

Yer, they CAN be, but they are not yet.

Quote[/b] ]Bordoy.. Who cares what you think bud.. Your team are a bit shit and won't win the European cup again in your lifetime.. now anyway so stop the sour grapes lad and let us enjoy our little ray of sunshine for once please without the bitter comments..

Notice no Milan fans here complaining? Only a Forest fan who had his glory a long time ago yet lost it a long time ago as well....

No, my team aren't abit shit, they are alot shit. You thought that would of got to me but it hasn't. Just like to say that i don't like Liverpool, for many reasons..........and I bet you could guess what some of them are.

Okay, I'll let you enjoy it, because you won't get in the league.

EVERTON, EVERTON, EVERTON biggrin_o.gif

I knew it wow_o.gif

Burn him! tounge_o.gif

I knew it wow_o.gif

Burn him! tounge_o.gif

Lol, I'm a Forest fan.

Just showing my affection for the best team in Liverpool biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif lol

Honour and Glory to the winners!

I'm a Milan supporter but I must say that Liverpool deserves this victory: a great demonstration of will and character!!!!

My compliments to the team and to all the Liverpool supporters.....And my fancy tothe goalkeeper: it was really funny. biggrin_o.gif

There will be another chance in the future for us!! wink_o.gif

Byebye.

I didnt watch the match, thought it would be a shit one. Turned over on 85 minutes and saw the score...

Atleast an English team won it for once

I didnt watch the match, thought it would be a shit one. Turned over on 85 minutes and saw the score...

Lets hope we can get the world cup next year...................not with sven in charge though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4581317.stm

Quote[/b] ]Uefa defiant over Liverpool entry

Uefa has insisted it has no plans to change its rules to allow Liverpool to defend their Champions League crown.

The Reds finished fifth in the Premiership - a place outside automatic qualification for the Champions League.

"I fully sympathise with the club and I would love to have them in there - but we have rules," Uefa spokesman William Gaillard told BBC Radio Five Live.

"We can't change them in the middle of the season. The FA has said Everton are the fourth English club to qualify."

Gaillard insisted that the precedent set in the 2000-01 season, when Real Madrid defended the trophy despite finishing fifth because the Spanish football federation decided to hand them Real Zaragoza's place, would make no difference.

But the English Football Assoctiation has pledged its support to Liverpool's quest for a Champions League place after the breathtaking win over AC Milan in Istanbul.

"We think there should be a place for Liverpool in next season's Champions League for sporting reasons - and also in the wider interests of European football," said the FA's David Davies.

"This is a case we've been arguing for some time and we'll go on raising it. I'm quite optimistic that over the next few days you will see a significant number of influential, non-English figures speaking out on Liverpool's behalf.

"We believe there is widespread support for Liverpool to be involved and we intend to keep lobbying and campaiging.

"There is a significant meeting of the Uefa committee on 17 June which just happens to be taking place in Manchester," added Davies.

And Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez insisted his team should be allowed back into the Champions League next season.

"We have won the trophy. It is common sense that the winner should defend the title," said Benitez.

"It's quite unbelievable to even consider that a side who will play in the European Super Cup as well as the World Club Championship next season should not be allowed back into the Champions League."

Meanwhile, Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry has also made his own plea to Uefa: "Look at the support, the worldwide audience and the game.

"I think we have to be given a shot. We are worthy champions and I think that's what the world will say."

Liverpool get to keep the European Cup trophy after winning it for the fifth time by beating AC Milan on penalties.

But their participation in the competition has been in doubt since the Football Association decided that the top four in the Premiership would take up England's places next season.

Parry added: "At least we get to keep this one so they can't take it back off us if nothing else.

"You wouldn't have given a lot for our chances at half-time but the boys were absolutely magnificent.

"It's good to win it for the supporters because they were magnificent."

And Reds skipper Steven Gerrard added: "It is called the Champions League so the champions should be able to defend it."

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti said: "Yes, I think they should be allowed to defend the title."

I think they should be allowed in, but have to go through qualification stages.

But if they throw another team out from anywhere, then thats a big no-no.

I am gutted. As a city fan this was/is our only chance of europe is Liverpool get a 5th CL place. sad_o.gif

City as in Manchester City,, do you think cuz Man United call themselves UNited you earn that loan name for yourself. Pure arrogance on those Manchester teams for doing so. THERS MORE THAN one United and City

Anyway, As much as I dislike some aspects of the pool (not the team) its always good to see an English team bring pride to the premiership. Id rather it was Liverpool than Chelsea or Man.United to win it. I was thinking if it went to pens Liverpool would lose as English cant hold the bottle with pens, then realised that I didnt think a Englishman took a pen tounge_o.gif . Saying that Italien national side is worse than england for missing pens.

Lets hope we can get the world cup next year...................not with sven in charge though.

Aye, Svens plan of put on under performing big names and rely on Rooney to score some how doesnt seem to work anymore. Should bring in Mourino tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think they should be allowed in, but have to go through qualification stages.

But if they throw another team out from anywhere, then thats a big no-no.

Aye, sounds about right.

City as in Manchester City,, do you think cuz Man United call themselves UNited you earn that loan name for yourself.  Pure arrogance on those Manchester teams for doing so.  THERS MORE THAN one United and City

There is, anything outside of the north-west doesn't matter anyway.