Sign in to follow this  
UsMarine408

The New USMC MOD

yes i have all of fischkopps work that he has shown and shown that is not known to the public.

Dont worry every the vehicles wil still be good quality work even if i have to make them all mysellf.

Id like to firstly say thanks for all your negative support of the mod team...

You are welcome! smile_o.gif

Alright, seriously, no one doubts your excellent modeling skills.

I have already seen what you can do, and like I said before, I was extremely impressed.

Your infantry models look like something Laser would do, and Mykhail Gavrilov a.k.a. Laser is the best infantry maker.

The reason I think this USMC mod is dead is that it would be very hard if not impossible to finish it on your own, especially if you still plan to make a full-conversion and your own OPFOR pack.

Maybe, just maybe, it would be a good idea to cancel this mod and call yourself… well, something like "USMC addon studio"? Instead of something BIG like a full-conversion mod, you might want to concentrate your efforts on something smaller, like a pack of USMC soldiers or an air pack with some jets and choppers etc. This way you will…

A – attract some attention to your mod, and perhaps some experienced modelers and scripters will join you in time

B – will be able to actually make and release something in the near future instead of feeding us all with tons of screenshots smile_o.gif

The last thing – just keep in mind, we LOVE your mod, it pains us greatly that one of your team members will no longer work with you, and something that you call "negative support" is just our way of expressing our grief, that's all.

1st of all UsMarine408 is just as good as anybody.2nd of all we still have some people to help so this mod is very much alive.

I agree with Keller. Its not that we're trying to tell you what to do. I never said your mod was dead. But we have seen many many mods just fade away as real life issues overtake the remainding member/s of a small mod team.

That's why I agree with Keller that small addon pack releases like what the OFrP mod did makes more sense for a small mod team. Otherwise, while you may very well finish your pack, it may take a very long time unless you are able to recruit some new talent. However if you have small addon packs out there mission makers can start getting busy making missions with your stuff.

Anyhoo... please don't take this negatively or anything. I'm just trying to provide constructive advise. But if its not wanted then I won't say any more on the matter and I hope that you will have success in finishing the mod.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I can handle all the addon making dont worry about me i have a couple holidays coming up and I have nothing to do so i can get that done the only issue I have is texturing things. See Im really bad at that im actually willing to say im better off with a pack of crayons so if anyone wants to be able to see some of the stuff im working on and texture them for me give me a pm or email me at Surferman26@yahoo.com

Good to hear, that work goes on.

BTW it`s a shame, that whenever someone leaving a Mod Team, or there is nothing new for a few Days, the first voices came up saying "this is dead".

The Addon and Modmakers have their real Lives and what they do for us is just a hobby.

Sorry if this is flaming the topic but comments like the negative ones that have been posted recently will kill a Mod faster than members leaving because of real life situations. It is so easy to forget that these guys are putting in all the this time and work for our benefits. Frankly if people continued to be negative I would say screw it and get out the addon business too. So lets support this guys and thank them for their time and efforts for our benefit.

well if everyone slams a mods work or members it will die ...look at BAS. they spent half the time defending themselves in here. if you hve time to crap on a mod pr a mod team ...gues what you also have time to give the support. These are some of the best guys out there i remember getting calls from my brother at 3 am for the best place to find UH-1N gun mount pics. so in closing i just wanna say these guys are the lifeblood of ofp ..

Here's an interesting scenario for your mod.

(IMHO - at least better than PLA vs USMC) smile_o.gif

The year is 2004, location – Ukraine, a post-Soviet democratic republic.

After the recent presidential elections the country is in chaos. One of the candidates is supposedly a pro-Western democrat and liberal, and another candidate gets most of his support from Moscow. He wants to reunite Ukraine and Russia, and create a neo-USSR or whatever. Both candidates promise all sorts of good things to win the elections, but at the end none of them can get enough votes to be the victor.

The West of Ukraine supports the liberal candidate, the East votes for a pro-Russian candidate.

A civil war begins.

Russian forces cross the border and move towards the capital to enforce their new order.

Western countries attempt to negotiate, but their appeals are ignored.

Ukrainian democrats call for help, and America sends a large peacekeeping force to make sure that Ukraine won't turn into something similar to modern Byelorussia.

The USMC units land in the Crimea…

The reasons why I think it is a perfect setting for your mod:

It's an extremely realistic scenario. Things somewhat similar to what I have described above are happening right now as you are reading this text.

Ukraine looks like Everon or Nagova, so there's absolutely no need to make a new island.

Since you'll be fighting against The Russian Army, you don't have to make a separate OPFOR pack. Ukrainian Resistance units resemble the original BIS resistance.

You can easily use this story to make a small scale conflict or something truly LARGE – because it could be a nice prequel to a virtual World War III – East vs. West. smile_o.gif

BTW it`s a shame, that whenever someone leaving a Mod Team, or there is nothing new for a few Days, the first voices came up saying "this is dead"...

Oh, what a shame!! smile_o.gif

sorry for the offtop

Alright, have you seen a preview of the Type 87 recon armored vehicle from Battle of Hokkaido mod? I wonder how they did all those cool things… This unit is clearly a "car" class and yet you can turn out plus some other things which are normally impossible to do on a car class.

Maybe it would be a good idea to get in touch with that mod – they could help you finish your LAV-25 pack? I know that right now your LAVs are a "tank" class, and that's just not good at all. Another option is to contact Russian Spetsnaz mod – they did the same thing with their BRDM units.

@Keller_77: Afaik know only the LAV-25 would be possible as a Car Class. The other versions would be imposible with Car class like LAV AD and LAV AT. you have to take it like it is.

The Car class works for the BRDM cos there is enough space around the gunner to move in all direction with the gun axis (see BTR-60/70/80). And that would not work with th Hammerhead Launcher on AT Version, cos the gunner sit 1m under the rocket tube.

... but this i´ve mentioned twice, i think  rock.gif ...

i just wanted to let you all know that Just recently the Code Blue mod and USMC have some what joined forces so expect to see some of there material in the finished product

wow its odd that three USMC Mod makers have all left the community lately (Past 3 to 4 Months or so), NZXShadows, Waffendennis and now Fischkopp.

not true NZXShadows is part of the CBT! team and waffen still does the odd bit for ToW wink_o.gif

FischKopp, I noticed u posted pics of the H-53 pack on the photo forum...so are u still with the USMC Mod and will be allowing those to be released or am I missing something.... thanks in advance

i´m not in the mod. I only had the pleasure to post some pics ... it´s still my work.

Hi 408 & NZXShadows,

Do you know what will become of NZXShadows' beautiful AH-1W? The beta is just about my favourite chopper - will the final version make it to release?

Cheers and good luck,

Cornhelium

UsMarine408,

Like I said before I still have the beta of the AH1W if you want to finish it. It is based off of the BAS AH1W so it is open for modifying. As far as I know the interior was the only thing that still needed texturing finished on it. If you need it let me know. I have the beta release and two early Alpha versions of it.

Hi 408 & NZXShadows,

Do you know what will become of NZXShadows' beautiful AH-1W? The beta is just about my favourite chopper - will the final version make it to release?

Cheers and good luck,

Cornhelium

Cornhelium,I will tell you this,All my USMC Addons are still in progress.Including the AH-1W And thats all I can say for now. biggrin_o.gif

Let the best man win biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

@Keller_77: Afaik know only the LAV-25 would be possible as a Car Class. The other versions would be imposible with Car class like LAV AD and LAV AT. you have to take it like it is.

... but this i´ve mentioned twice, i think  rock.gif ...

Alright...

I didn't have a chance to read your previous posts.

Hi 408 & NZXShadows,

Cheers and good luck,

Cornhelium

Cornhelium,I will tell you this,All my USMC Addons are still in progress.Including the AH-1W And thats all I can say for now. biggrin_o.gif

Let the best man win biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

not that the user opinion matters..but it would be kinda nice if yall were working TOGETHER instead of competing...might actually help get things done...just a thought ...