Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Addons

Not sure what is understood with modern delta.

Does that still mean we got a nice dude with pro-tec, black tac-vest with US flag and 3-color HYK camo?

If it means that, than i'll be happier than a 6-year old on X-mas.

@Ranger44:

By "modern Deltas" i meant guys using modern equipment, like MICH, RAV, Camelbaks etc. I might add some Pro-tec guys for some variety. On the other hand, there will be one more set of Delta operators wearing the gear that suits more for the early 90's time period (Pro-tec helmets, ICS Idema combat vests - thanks MilitaryMorons.com for the pics of that one - and 6-color "choc strip" camo).

For now, there's one pic that i'd like you guys to take a look at. That's not an Italian flag on this guy's chest... that's a custom velcro patch picturing the so-called "Fun Meter" smile_o.gif i decided to add this for some amusement. That's how a base "Modern Delta Operator" looks like right now.

lsr_delta01.JPG

Oh, and one more question... were there CAR-15/M203 combos in the early 90's era? and if they were, how did they look like? And if they didn't exist, what was used as underslung grenade launcher?

Looks incredibly cool

your host doesn't allow hotlinking though, you have to click on another link after copy/pasting the pic

Oh, and one more question... were there CAR-15/M203 combos in the early 90's era? and if they were, how did they look like? And if they didn't exist, what was used as underslung grenade launcher?

The M203 was already used back in the good old Nam.

It was refered to as XM203 back than, but it's the same thing.

The look of the M203 changed a bit during the war, but the final version (current version) has not really changed since than. A shorter barrel was developed some years ago and that version is now used a lot.

So to answer your question;

yes, they did use the M203. It's pretty save to assume that the CAR15/M203 combo was in use, since it was already used in Nam.

I'll have to find a picture to show you how it looked like, though. But it's most likely that the bottom-half of the handguard was removed to alloe the M203 to be mounted (just like on the early M4/m203 weapons).

This might help a bit about the Car-15/M203 combo

isayeret

To quote the "important" part:

Quote[/b] ]The first usage of the M203 in the IDF was in the early 1980's when the IDF SF units began to realize the vast potential of the CAR15 and started using it operationally. As can be seen in the photo below the CAR15/M203 was already in active duty by the IDF in the Israeli invasion to Lebanon (Operation Peace Of The Galilee) in 1982, making the IDF the second army in the world to use the CAR15/M203 combo operationally after the U.S. SF units.

There are more usefull info and pictures on that site.

Here is another photo showing a clear sideview of the combo:

1555_car15.jpg

Your new Deltas look very good Laser. smile_o.gif

Just going to "nagg" a bit as usual.... wink_o.gif

The collar of the model is a bit unclear now. At least in this picture it looks a bit similar to the old BIS model in that the neck sticks right out of the torso. It might just be the perspective or custom anims that give me that feeling.

Goddang, looking good there Laser.

Nice unit. Great detail, the mags sticking out of the pouch.

- "Carl Gustav M2 is an 84mm breech loaded recoilless weapon used to destroy main battle tanks and fortified positions."

So it's more like a "recoiless cannon", NOT a rocket launcher, right? Another thing... perhaps soldiers armed with CarlGustav should be able to carry two rounds instead of one?

- Are you working on the M72A7 LAW (current) or the M72A2 LAW (older)? The A7 version looks more interesting...

http://www.wammt.org/collections/weapons/m72a7.htm

OK, people, thanks for the info.

Here's a couple more screenshots... since my host does not allow hotlinking anymore, i'll have to do it this way. Click on the link below, wait for the page to load and click on the link in the center of the page again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

M60e4 machine gun

Delta Rifleman Grenadier

Here's a couple more screenshots... since my host does not allow hotlinking anymore, i'll have to do it this way. Click on the link below, wait for the page to load and click on the link in the center of the page again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

M60e4 machine gun

Delta Rifleman Grenadier

I tried doing that and it just keep redirecting me to that page.

Try disabling your firewall momentarily.

These are looking really good, that M60 looks mean lol

M60e4 machine gun

Delta Rifleman Grenadier

WOW! That M60E4 looks great, but in not right.

Don't worry, it's nothing big.

The M60E4 does not use the birdcage flashider very often, but the duckbill flashider.

http://www.m60central.com/m60e4.html

(scroll down a bit to see the duckbill one)

And the 'tube' under the barrel should be a bit thicker.

That's it! Great job, I really like the look of it!!

You are Laser, I toke the liverty of put this two pictures in ImageShack, you can registre with them for free if you want to follow the status of your uploaded pics, but if you don't registre is not problem, the pictures still getting uploaded and give you the links you need to use it.

BTW, you better off using "Thumbnail for forums (1)" instead of "Thumbnail for forums (2)".

lsrdelta021hd.th.jpg

lsrm60e44jg.th.jpg

They look amazing as usual.

Regards.

@CERO.

nice!!

slick, it's like a breath of fresh air.

also will the water bottle be taken out on the models since they are wearing camel back?

also is there any chance of getting another whole set of weapons that use only jam? like 2 sets of weapons e.g. Jlsr_m4sopmod that will only use jam ammo and lsr_m4sopmaod will only use lsr_m4mag

if it takes you too much time i'm willing to do the config.that'll be the only difference between the the 2 weapons sets. It's like the sucheymarines pack with 2 sets of weapons that were earl weapons and earljam weapons.

i'm really willing to do the configs. coz the normal weapons used the jam ammo but didn't select it when using weapon selection in a mission and have to manually insert it to the weapon since it's not the primary ammo.

i'm really willing to do the new set of weapon configs since it'll only invlove adding a J in front of all the classnames of the new sets of weapons and putting the jam ammo on it. no need for bullet configs etc.  so you'll get 2 sets of weapons. primary jam ammo weapons and no jam primary weapons

pls!!!!!!!!

@Jotte:

Man, i was not offended in any way there. Sorry if i sounded a bit rude.

@Tomislav:

Well, i think this gun would have no real use in OFP. Just look at the specs and description below the photo. smile_o.gif

@All:

I have basically completed the work on the modern Ranger units. Modern Deltas are in the works now, i feel like 80% of the base model is done. I have used RAV vest for Deltas, since it seems pretty popular and allows a high degree of customization. Now, there's something i need pretty badly... a sign which is located on the right side of the LAW launcher, i believe this to be usage instructions of some sort. Can someone scan it for me from the real LAW (although this would hardly be possible, i guess smile_o.gif ) or just tell me what's written in there?

will you use desert colour rav vests for desert deltas?

Would love to see some screenies of the desert units.

Btw the M60E4 looks great man.

For your early '90s units, will there also be a regular M60(with deployed bi-pod)?

@Ranger44:

Yes, that type of M60 GPMG will also be included.

@ruff:

Well, i tried to make desert RAV, but combination of desert BDU and woodland RAV somehow looks a bit better. Check the screenshot.

@All: ok, here we go again...

lsrdelta030mu.jpg

lsrcarlgustav7oe.jpg

Great stuff laser, gets better and better. Finally a decent Carl Gustav that is not part of a large mod (see WGL Carl Gustav). I agree, that woodland vest does look real nice on the tri color deserts.

Looking good, very good Laser.

But I have some doubts with the acog scope on the M60.

Is that really used on the M60E4 in real life?

Usually see elcan or cco sights on machine guns.