Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Addons

If to say honestly, it is rather boring to play with hundreds of SF addons. But there is a lack of common army forces. I think it would be better to make non-SF addons, as USMC is.

Even retextured, S&E USMC looking ugly and non-realictic. Its their destiny, of course %)

I don't know how you can say Wilco's retexture job of the E&S Marines look ugly. I think they look really good.

And go figure out how many real good SF units there are. BAS Ranger/Delta 1.55 is outdated, it was marvelous in it's time the choppers are still of unsurpassed class, Laser's previous Delta pack didn't really have the edge on especially the camo textures. But great models, with the proper textures the ultimate US SF pack. That's what Laser is heading for this time around, with HYK textures. HYK US soldier pack can pass for Marines too.

There are plenty M4 packs(E&S one is definately the best) but there are hardly any real up to date good looking Delta's and Rangers. At least not until end of march or so, when Laser is gonna release this great pack. I really like SF style missions in OFP, the large maps give way for some nice hide and seek between your SF team and a large enemy force. You have to navigate, stay undetected, pick your fights, recon your objective. I usually use SASR now for those missions, but with a great US SF pack, it opens up more possibilities(US hardware). That is why I await this addon with great anticipation.

Offcourse there should be regular forces, but with the HYK pack and the retextured USMC by Wilco, you are more than served.

If you want to look at very impressive USMC soldiers - find the topic about Code Blue Mod. Their latest screenshots shows the greate marine units ever made for OFP (and, btw, for VBS1 too). But would they be released sometime - that's the question, my friend smile_o.gif

I can agree that at this moment Laser's Rangers v1.50 - are the best West units for OFP. I could even forgive them danners-boots, not widely used in U.S. Army. But, I think, it would be better to make some common regular units. Of course, you can say that there is HYK Modern Infantry, but I don't like the same model of those soldiers and some textures - afe the standart BIS-boots textures and very awful desert-textures.

I don't want to discuss, are S&E Marines well made or not, but as for me, I prefer not to play with them.

Ehm,HYK's soldiers? they have the best 3-color desert texture I've ever seen. That's why I'm so pleased Laser will use them for his Delta's and Rangers.

My only criticism with HYK soldiers is they all look alike. No difference in pouches, or a helmet without goggles and helmets with goggles. But each to his own offcourse, but as long as you stay respectfull to the addon makers.

I want to play in OFP with such marines. Based on non-HYK models or some else, but on a brand new amazing model. With high-res textures. But, as I can understand, nobody from addon makers didn't want to make high-quality and ultra-realistic USMC troops... It's a pity.

dr30276dk.jpg

I want to play in OFP with such marines. Based on non-HYK models or some else, but on a brand new amazing model. With high-res textures. But, as I can understand, nobody from addon makers didn't want to make high-quality and ultra-realistic USMC troops... It's a pity.

"]http://infostore.org/info/69714/DR-3027.jpg[/img]

I can, if anyone can do the named selection job for me. wink_o.gif

I don't have any poly or 1024-tex phobia.

[im]http://img200.exs.cx/img200/569/dr30276dk.jpg[/img]

That's kinda wrong Semper Fields are making high quality marines and awsome marine vehicles

Bah, come on a mod group that does army addons and demand them to make MArine units, now with three Marine Mods making them now already.  Why don't you make em yourself seeing your how snobby you sound wanting things made your way..  I highly doubt any game model be to your liking no mater how hard anyone tried to do them..

What rock this this guy come out from under?

And as far as the ranger units they been made to death by both HYK LASER BAS. Think that image is really funny seeing they are wearing M17 Pro masks and other crap standard troops carry or wear. The so called Marine print is also incorrect. The artist didn't do his research. Didn't anyone else notice they are wearong tri color desert DCUs when they switched out to MARPAT three years ago including their own versions of the combat boots. Only Marines in that gear now are reservist who didn't buy their new uniforms. you buy your gear in the Marines now..

Bah, come on a mod group that does army addons and demand them to make MArine units, now with three Marine Mods making them now already.  Why don't you make em yourself seeing your how snobby you sound wanting things made your way..  I highly doubt any game model be to your liking no mater how hard anyone tried to do them..

What rock this this guy come out from under?

And as far as the ranger units they been made to death by both HYK LASER BAS.  Think that image is really funny seeing they are wearing M17 Pro masks and other crap standard troops carry or wear.   The so called Marine print is also incorrect.  The artist didn't do his research.  Didn't anyone else notice they are wearong tri color desert DCUs when they switched out to MARPAT three years ago including their own versions of the combat boots.    Only Marines in that gear now are reservist who didn't buy their new uniforms.  you buy your gear in the Marines now..

I have the very same models sitting my my house right now they are 1/35th scale dragon marines I purchased around 2000, so it is actully acurate.

I have the very same models sitting my my house right now they are 1/35th scale dragon marines I purchased around 2000, so it is actully acurate.

That is fine and dandy for 2000, but beginning in October 2003 MARPAT is the only authorized pattern for wear, along with the ICB's(the tan boots with EGA on the side).

Hey Laser can't wait for your updates especially with the utilization of HYK's texture. Top notch work.

Dragon Models, DR-3027 "Modern U.S. Marines"

DR3027edit.jpg

If you look closely at the artist's signature, date is 2003. So it's unclear if this was done before or after the change. But as seeing this was a model, they are not always 100% accurate, and usually the artist that does the illustrations must rely on information that is less than recent. In any case, the tri-color desert pattern would be nice for older units, just like the other troops found in the HYK pack. I think it's nice to have both modern as well as previous uniforms, to allow the mission maker a wider time frame for their mission themes. But on the other side, I can also see how this might require a lot of extra work, because the gear will be slightly different as well and require seperate models.

Quote[/b] ]I have the very same models sitting my my house right now they are 1/35th scale dragon marines I purchased around 2000, so it is actully acurate.

This specific model set, part # DR-3027, has been produced between 1999 and 2003, so it is possible that you have this exact model. Would have been a different box art before 2003, but the units are the same. Just wanted to note this in case anyone wanted to point out that this drawing is from 2003, after the time you said you purchased yours. I don't want anyone calling the other a liar over the date.

Currently, I use the SUCH USMC addon when I need US Marines in a mission, but the modern MARPAT uniforms mean that I can't make accurate missions back when they were using woodland and tri-color BDU's. If someone does intend to make another USMC addon, I think the majority of us would prefer to see both newer and older uniforms and web gear.

Regarding the Ranger units, I do agree that they have been made enough times. But I would like to see an update if possible, for the HYK/LSR units. I like to use Rangers in my missions with soft caps or boonie hats, and the only soldiers I have found close to this are the BAS Ranger Spotter and Sniper. The HYK soldiers are available with soft cap, but not wearing web gear. Any chances of making an update to add boonies or BDU caps with webbing? Even one soldier would work, we can add various loadouts manually. Just a small request, if not, no problem.

They still look like Army or Airforce Security Units.

Marines often are easy to spot due to they wear their uniforms and gear differently blouse even their boots in a certain way, and often don't wear helmet bands on their fritz. Googles are often secured by dummy-cords. Wearing standaard PASGT vests with the MOLL-type assualt vest the Army was trying out before switching to the current system.

Stand a Such Marine next to a HYK guy and just look em up and down a little closely. First your notice they have their pants bloused lower than most of the other forces.

Like those NUTS in the failed Urban combat cammo. Funny was only used once in the MOUNT training area when it failed to impress the brass and was dropped.

Look at the 203 gunner hes got alice gear still with the ammo vest. The Buttpack is kinda tell tell they went cammo in the mid to late 90s. OD green ones were still the more common, but it was something commonly sold in most of the PXes on post.

Wa_Va_Voom

Quote[/b] ]That's kinda wrong Semper Fields are making high quality marines and awsome marine vehicles

Yes, but I don't understand, why Semper Fields working on HMMWV pack, but they canno't release their CH-53, Harrier and marines. There are a lot of HMMWV in OFP (COMBAT!, and the prvious pack from FischKopp) , and I don't see the reason to make another one.

Wa_Va_Voom
Quote[/b] ]That's kinda wrong Semper Fields are making high quality marines and awsome marine vehicles

Yes, but I don't understand, why Semper Fields working on HMMWV pack, but they canno't release their CH-53, Harrier and marines. There are a lot of HMMWV in OFP (COMBAT!, and the prvious pack from FischKopp) , and I don't see the reason to make another one.

Well, maybe you'll discuss this in the Semper Fields thread instead.

Indeed, the solution for the Semper Fidelus mod should be discussed in their thread. And I don't know if you should model your units after toys. I think guys who are currently in the unit you're trying to recreate really give the best intel.

And www.militaryphotos.net is always a great source of intel about gear. What i seek in an addon past great models and great textures is a diversity. The gear in the headlines is the same, but some small differences, so you can really create a "unit", Laser did this pretty good with his earlier Rangers and Delta's, only the textures were not to my liking, models and diversity scored A+'s

Wa_Va_Voom

At first to all people for occupieing this thread. SORRY

@stanley: The reason is simple why i´m not releasing the CH-53. I have not found a scripter for the features all people wants although i askesd serveral times for help. Second point is i will release my models only if i could release my soldiers for them (Marine Pilots, Marine Soldiers and so on ...) but here i also missed support but maybe this have changed. We will see. About the Harrier. I reworked the Harrier model and made it high poly. About the HMMWV. My first HMMWVs were my first offical released addon and they had some bugs and were inaccurate in some parts. Also there was no desert camo. Beside that there is no HMMWV pack for Marines available.

BTW ... why the hell are you complaining about that!!! Hey,  i´m the only one in Semper Fidelis who models and i can not do everything. Do not forget their is something called real life which sometimes sucks or have something sweeter for you than modelling and texturing. It can keep you really busy. And now ... instead of complaining you could help ... but you will say i have no skills for that. Then i will say learn!!! After that you will say but i´have a real life and something to do for it ... and there we are, i got the same problem and futhermore i have to deal with people who complaining or want to see special features on addons.

I think you should give us a kind of respect that we still try to give the community something (the game is 4 years old). Hey I do it cos it is fun, but sometimes the community can frustrating me.

Open words ... i´m not angry but i only want to say what keeps me busy in mind.

If somebody wants to reply on that, please do it on Semper Fidelis thread ...

Laser, I'm getting confused here, are you working on 90es Deltas too? lol, I lost trak on this topic.

Somewhere you mentioned about changing some sounds and tuning a few things here and there. I was thinking about the MGs, are you kiping the dispersions as they are in the MGs or you would consider some more dispersion? I thought that the gunners are more for covering areas that spots, so more dispersion in the MG would give the gunners targets more of a chance really, lol.

@ anybody going on about this Marines thingey:

Bloody hell fellas, I just get turned off downloading and even thinking about addons.

What is the point on downloading a 100% acurate addon? I'm not going to notice if is a Marine, a ranger or an alien, what the hell, things like that make addons to be ridicously anoying. 20 different models of the same thing with the only difference being is that they are representing different years, and it may be only a space of two years represented in between.

Listen to your selfs, no wonder why addons take so long to be released,lol.

I'm happy using the old Frandesten (spell) Marines, they have no malaukey and stuff and allways love them.

Going back on yopic tropic topic!! this is unvalibable, I forgoten what this tipic is all about it.

Regards.

@CERO.

his making 90s and modern

Yeah, dunno how the USMC part sneaked in, guess it was when somebody asked Laser to help Semper Fidelus mod(probably more appropriate to do it with a pm)

The more I hear Marines in OFP the less respect I have for them some folks seem to honestly give them a bad name they don't deserve. The people moaning for spec oops forces for every era, are no better. =P Be nice if Laser could finish what he is currently working on than be pestered to make something new. Hell his units are nice, but most of them are currently 'broken' now do the upteen updates, never see them used in MP missiosn due to that cause nobody even has the correct verssions, and still ends up using BAS. Some compatabliity thing be nice so the weapons packs don't break the soldier units.

Agreed, the constant requests to addon makers about making stuff isn't good. Laser is already producing a very diverse addon(as mentioned by me in previous posts) and there is no need to my mind to bitch for more, we should be happy that we will be getting a splendid diverse and high quality addon.

Pretty much adding to what Ranger44 and Bobcatt666 have said, to all those who have just started posting and are already demanding(?) addon makers to create units that have already been done before, while they are still in the process of upgrading their previous work for the benefit of the community I have listed several examples of units already done that have been requested by several newcomers to the forums.  Just a little note to those who nag (not ask politey, but yes nag), but do not create a single contribution...don't.

*1st SFOD-D/Rangers 1990's era: Laser's 1993 Delta/Ranger pack*

Rangers: http://www.atwar.net/download.php?view.2845

Deltas: http://www.atwar.net/download.php?view.2846

*75th Regiment 2nd. Battalion Rangers:  Hyk's 1.53 (1990 era Rangers are included in that pack)*

Hyk 1.53 US Infantry: http://www.atwar.net/download.php?view.4533

*And I'm probably missing several addons as well, but these were just examples of works that already exist.

What I do not get is people who are picky in requesting an addon that doesn't have the "Hyk" camo texture or something like that.  Unless you're doing something productive like helping make the addon, beta testing or whatever I would see where that suggestion would be helpful.  But when you're just doing it in proposing for an addon while several others exist out there if you just look on ATWAR, CZ, Org., etc then that's just not productive.  As for the USMC units (I'm guessing non-MARPAT) you'll just have to wait till someone at either the Semper Fidelis studio comes with some, but honestly there are several different kinds between E&S, Wilco's, and Cpt. Frostbite's NBC units.  Instead of trying to propose new ideas (and quite frankly redundant ones sometimes) which would only slow down the current projects at hand, wouldn't it make sense to appreciate the ones available and do everything in our power not to delay the ones that are in production.

I agree with you on that except for the one point on requesting HYK camo. A suggestion, when someone is announcing he will update his addons, to make the addon in your opinion better, thus helping out the addon maker, isn't a bad thing is it? He can always reject your proposal. There has to be room for discussion offcourse, as long as it is respectfull. Now I think Laser's Delta's and Rangers(v1) look really great, but I also think they could be even better if they had HYK camo pattern and I thought some vests were too bright green. Suggesting that isn't a crime I think, it helps out the addon maker. If Laser had said :"I think the current camo is good". Then I would have respected that offcourse.

About the bitching that there isn't a great non-Marpat USMC. HYK's soldier pack does the job for the 3-color desert era and the 6-color desert era, same goes for woodland.