Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Addons

kevlar vests are really meant to protect the soldier from shrapnel and such, varying from distance and calibre they can take several MG and rifle rounds too. I like what E&S did with their marines, you start bleeding, and need help fast if the injury is serious enough. More addons should have that.

About the extra armor, for the body ok, but not for the head arms and legs. Dont want some CS like engine, taking 20 rounds and live to tell about it.

delta also wears very thicker armour than rangers, one example in somalia, they had thicker plates than rangers.

as in suchey marines, the ai became really dumb for single player missions due to heavy scripting. i actually took out the scripting and ai seem to respond better. suchey marines were really meant for multi player. as i only play sp missions, and from playing heaps of it, body armour is the way go.

i agree with you in the heavy body armour, only in the body thats all i ever wanted really.

Well, from what i've heard now, it seems more attractive to have some decent body armor on the LSR units.

To sum it up, the public's wishes for updates are :

-better armor values to simulate kevlar vests

-HYK camo

-BAS-like desert camo on the guns

Some Delta units in the style of those SASR desert would be elite too. With those rags and such.

Some Delta would be elite? You really can't get "more" elite than Delta troopers. You are suggesting some would be wearing shemaghs? Undoubtedly. Some would also be wearing balaclavas, watchcaps, bandanas, OD bandage wraps, ballcaps, boonie hats, or just about anything else they think they'd need on a mission.

Usually, it's about maintaining low profile, and equipping for protection from the operating enviroment. Those are standard mission parameters. And the mission is always the first and last consideration of what to bring.

Some Delta would be elite? You really can't get "more" elite than Delta troopers.

Sure you can

You must be an American

SAS or JTF-2 for starters...

EDIT: I know our guys just got a medal from President Bush for their work in Afghanistan for example. You dont hear about them because we dont have a Hollywood here.

Some Delta would be elite? You really can't get "more" elite than Delta troopers.

Sure you can

You must be an American

We've had this discussion before, its more dependent on the person then the unit... and each unit specializes in certain things, so it's pretty difficult to compare them. Anywho, this isn't the place for this conversation.

It would be nice to have some more units with different head gear in the next version, if possible.

Id rather be an unknown hero and Elite soldier then be well publized like delta force and navy seals cause all that comes out of it are things like movie hence Navy Seals staring Charlie Sheene and Movies like Delta force staring Chuck Norris......yea my point exactly oooo rah to JTF-2 and to SAS and SBS

Marine408 has a point about the American media and their habit for churning out crap, but then go figure in the 1980's we had John Rambo effectively mowing down those VC in a swift move all by himself. Whenever the topic of Special Forces comes to mind and which group is "better" it seems to me there is no way to "compare" who is better or more elite. The very type of operations these proffessionals carry out and the amount of work that is involved is probably beyond a lot of our comprehension. It may just be me, but I don't think anyone in the world with all their knowledge of facts from books can say in words one group is "better" than the other. I believe the US' SOCOM (SFOD-D, SFG, SEALs, MEU SOC, etc), UK's SF SAS, AU's SASR, Pol's GROM, Canada's JTF-2, etc are all in a league of elite. Besides how in any way is would someone guage who is better or more elite (through training, various operations capable, etc)? All of these operators from numerous nations train constantly to ready themselves, unless we were in a world where everyone only trained and operated for X amount of days I personally don't think using the words "better" or "more elite" is an intelligent approach when looking at any special forces.

Quote[/b] ]Besides how in any way is would someone guage who is better or more elite (through training, various operations capable, etc)?

Well, you just ask anyone who is from the U.S. and they'll be more than happy tell you how. I don't know what their formula is but they always seem to know everything.

Quote[/b] ]Some Delta would be elite? You really can't get "more" elite than Delta troopers.

wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I like what E&S did with their marines, you start bleeding, and need help fast if the injury is serious enough. More addons should have that.

I am sorry,but I HATE what they did to the USMC units.

I ALWAYS turn those bleeding effects off - it adds absolutely nothing to gameplay, and it's very irratating!

If someone likes "realistics" OFP so much, then don't use medics at all...

Well, obviously you people read minds too. I was comparing them to other AMERICAN units, actually.

Thanks for kneecapping me, for nothing, people. rock.gif

What i was trying to say, some more variations in headgear.

And no bitching about which SF is the best.

And those movies about SEALs and Delta(with exception of BHD) totally sucked.

addon pls

addon

update

requests

something to help the addon maker

just know they are italian sf

delta 2005 might look likem thats all

just trying to help laser out

A difference in headgear on some more units would really make the addon more complete. Bandanna, cap, ME rag, no headgear. And maybe like the SASR units, the odd oakley glasses or two.

THIS weapon is absolutely essential to match the Soviet RPO Shmel, and I beg Laser to try and make it.

M202A1

66mm Incendiary Rocket Launcher

http://www.wammt.org/collections/weapons/m202.htm

http://www.helsinki.fi/~shyypia/tl7desc4.htm

AND here's a great link for the M60E3 m.gun - plenty of useful hi-res pics.

http://www.wammt.org/collections/weapons/m60e3.htm

Besides, a better Carl Gustav would be a good thing smile_o.gif

http://www.wammt.org/collections/weapons/Gustav.htm

You know, there's a thermobaric variant of the SMAW, ( The N.E., or Novel Explosive varient) being developed to provide the effects of the RPO-A.

http://www.talleyds.com/products/smaw_ne.htm

Tally Defense has already produced a M72-NE LAW w/ thermobaric warhead, as well. http://www.talleyds.com/products/thermobaric.htm

The M202A is quite old.

Lol, I remember seeing that in Commando, I was gonna ask on the forum if it was a real weapon or not, now I know.