Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Addons

Good work there.

Cant wait for a screenie with a Desert Delta with the HYK camo either (Hint Hint! biggrin_o.gif )

ruff remove image tags when quoting please.

@Keller_777:

Well, i might consider making that M220 beauty, but that would happen only after the major part of my work will be done. I need someone to make up some "incendiary weapons" scripts for me, i'm no good scripter by any means, so someone willing to help please contact me. I'd like to make my pack as complete as possible.

Great! Thank you very-very much!

The only thing I can suggest is to get in touch with the Spetsnaz mod - they are working of a Shmel' and Rys pack, and they said that they already have some ""special effects"...

BTW - Your new rangers look wonderful!

pls givem stronger body armour in cpp

only body

they look noicE!!!!!!!!!

noice woodland camo!!!!!!

hooray!!!!!!!!!!! blues.gifblues.gifblues.gifunclesam.gif

Looking great as usual! Is it just more or does that animation make the soldier on the left look like his arm has been chopped in half crazy_o.gif?

Nice! I like the WileyX eyewears smile_o.gif

Just a little question, is the helmet supposed to be a MICH, a PASGT or something else?

oh meh god. This looks goddamn nice.

The goggles look good too man, no need to change that.

Real impressive work there. They should give you a bloody medal for this work.

I may have found a good scripter for you to make those M220A1 special effects...

I've found something interesting for your M16A2 rifles...

Have never seen anything like that before, do they really use these things in the US Army?

http://www.angelfire.com/art/enchanter/rpg.html#brn

The RAW (Rifleman’s Assault Weapon) is a rocket-propelled, massive rifle grenade that can be fired from any assault rifle firing 5.56mm NATO, as well as from 5.56mm NATO submachineguns (except the M231 or LaFrance M16K). The RAW can be carried mounted on the weapon and the weapon can be fired normally until the firer wishes to actually fire the RAW...

Since we no longer can use regular "Mortar" rounds on M16s, this RAW thingy look slike a good replacement.

BTW. that link is slooow

@Laser : With those Delta's there was a Grenadier with a camo backpack, especially with the Desert versions i think you should make that backpack black, just like the tacvests.

Really looking forward to this addon. Keep on the good work. smile_o.gif

One question though: will you improve the performance of your units?

In my Kolgujev based mission there are about 30 rangers that cost about 10 FPS... wow_o.gif

@Jotte:

Well, that's supposed to be MICH. I'm saving PASGT for my early 90's units.

@BadAss [Mapfact.net]:

Hmm... the models have roughly the same poly count as VBS units, for an exception of that they have more LODs. Yes, they do cause the slowdown in large numbers, but that's a usual tradeoff between details and performance.

@All:

Here's two shots of what have been done so far. You saw the latter shot before, i resized it to decrease the file size below 100 kb smile_o.gif

LSR_newrang03.JPG

LSR_newrang04.JPG

Niiiice...

But while you're tinkering with the weapons pack, can you please re-zero the two MP-5s? The bullets impact above your aiming point - you need to aim for the stomach to hit somebody in the head crazy_o.gif

Didn't mean to sound so rudely "accusing" in my question Laser, sorry about that.

Not sure if it's the perspective or the model but maybe the neckpart that run from ear to ear could be slightly more bulged/rounded? Now it looks a bit to stright vertical to me. A bit more rounded like this --> ) . Right now it looks more like this --> | . smile_o.gif

I can already picture these guys deploying from BAS Blackhawks and Chinooks. biggrin_o.gif

Niiiice...

But while you're tinkering with the weapons pack, can you please re-zero the two MP-5s? The bullets impact above your aiming point - you need to aim for the stomach to hit somebody in the head crazy_o.gif

In real life, when firing an SMG on burst, or auto, that's HOW you hit someone in the head. The first rounds hit the chest, and muzle rise puts the following rounds into the face and forehead. Of course, if you are only firing semi-auto, and the round are still that off-bore, there is a problem.

yeah it sort is

i like that mp5 jam ammo though it works fine

Niiiice...

In real life, when firing an SMG on burst, or auto, that's HOW you hit someone in the head. The first rounds hit the chest, and muzle rise puts the following rounds into the face and forehead. Of course, if you are only firing semi-auto, and the round are still that off-bore, there is a problem.

Even on semi-auto, even at ten paces. I know what recoil is tounge_o.gif

Seriously, every round is high, pre-recoil.

That's very nice and all, but i think Laser should stick to what the US Delta and Rangers currently use. That means modded

M4's, M14's, M249's, M240G's, AT-4, various sniper rifles. That's a lot of work already for one man. I don't think it's wise to take up any more tasks. It's offcourse his own choice if he chooses to include something in his project, but i dont think it's usefull.

@Jotte:

Man, i was not offended in any way there. Sorry if i sounded a bit rude.

@Tomislav:

Well, i think this gun would have no real use in OFP. Just look at the specs and description below the photo. smile_o.gif

@All:

I have basically completed the work on the modern Ranger units. Modern Deltas are in the works now, i feel like 80% of the base model is done. I have used RAV vest for Deltas, since it seems pretty popular and allows a high degree of customization. Now, there's something i need pretty badly... a sign which is located on the right side of the LAW launcher, i believe this to be usage instructions of some sort. Can someone scan it for me from the real LAW (although this would hardly be possible, i guess smile_o.gif ) or just tell me what's written in there?