Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

OFP-MANIAC-MAP-Locator

See the earthquake wasnt in California. They were just feeling the shockwave from that. I also made the suez canel bigger wink_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Hmm interesting split there crazy_o.gif

On a serious note though Albert i dont think Saudi Arabia or ME could be considered as a part of Euroasia , the only place qualifying for that name would be the URAL mountains which divide Europe/Asia and Turkeys Istanbul probably which is known as the crossroad of civilizations since it lies in both continents.

P.S: If you wanna look at this geographically PC'ed then Europe belongs to Asia , we 0Wn35 j00 tounge_o.gif

PS: Would be easier to see if the white on the pin was removed. As SpeedyDonkey showed on page 5.

Dunno what you mean. I don't see white boxes.

Regarding the continents...

Just look at the maps and you know why I put the Middle East on Africa's side. It's all about projection. This planet is a globe, not a disc carried by four elephants standing on the back of a great star tortoise. The first makes 2D maps difficult, the second would be quite funny... wink_o.gif

Atm I'm working overtime to get free fridays to finish the university project besides my internship. Therefore I'm now only collecting new pin locations for a big pin-em-up on saturday.

But it's nice to have at least one another Africa pin. Avon lady must feel very lonely out there... tounge_o.gif

What the hell , wheres my pin? rock.gif

Put a pin on Riyadh and that way Avon gets some company too biggrin_o.gif , btw whos from Canary Isles?

What the hell , wheres my pin? rock.gif
Pin will be placed Saturday.
Quote[/b] ]Put a pin on Riyadh and that way Avon gets some company too biggrin_o.gif , btw whos from Canary Isles?
Hint: let the mouse cursor rest for a moment above the blue pin --there's the answer. Or just click on it...

Batdog, biggrin_o.gif I may assume the russians wont be too happy about that. I think you just cut several oil pipelines, You redirected naval streams, you confused some whales, split some villages and century old trade routes. This must have been one hell of an earth quake

Who cares - look who's got all the middle east oil now! tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Just look at the maps and you know why I put the Middle East on Africa's side. It's all about projection. This planet is a globe, not a disc carried by four elephants standing on the back of a great star tortoise. The first makes 2D maps difficult, the second would be quite funny... wink_o.gif

I love Terry Pratchett, he's definitly one of the most genious authors out there!

Would be quite funny if you'd use a geographic correct map, in reality africa and south america are much huger compared to europe and north america than on the maps that we all know.

Y is there white around the Pin could u see to that plz

u cant see very well

I see very well.

http://www.ofp-zone.de/bastler/rl_photo/pin_detail.jpg (magnified screen)

Ok, let's get serious. The pins are ordinary PNGs which can be displayed by nearly every browser. It seems that the IE is the only browser incapable of following official standards. rock.gif

Perhaps I create an IE compatibility version... biggrin_o.gif

Would be quite funny if you'd use a geographic correct map, in reality africa and south america are much huger compared to europe and north america than on the maps that we all know.

Well, with such maps Europe would be one big red pin... biggrin_o.gif

IE tends to be the unsafest browser to use, you know  wink_o.gif

My girlfriends mother has got a dialer because of IE, and guess who gets the work? I'll install her Firefox and remove the IE-icon!

never had any problems, im behind a firewall, keep my updates up to date, using antivirus softvare. In 4 years I havent had anything I could blame my crappy IE.

never had any problems, im behind a firewall, keep my updates up to date, using antivirus softvare. In 4 years I havent had anything I could blame my crappy IE.

Now you can blame IE for not being able to display transparent PNGs

IE for not being able to display transparent PNGs isnt enough reason to me to switch browser.

New version of Maniac Locator up and running.

http://www.ofp-zone.de/bastler/map/map.html

* added new pins (Acecombat will be pleased biggrin_o.gif)

* modified continent names

* modified title

* die-hard IE fans can now view their own version *sigh*.

If you are interested, here's the conversion script I wrote this morning

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#!/bin/bash

# IE compatibility *sigh* patch script

# der bastler

# October 2004

# for every file in mentioned list (ie. all maps) do...

for htmlfile in africa.html asia.html australia.html europe.html namerica.html samerica.html; do

# compose new filename (filename - .html + _ie.html)

htmlfile2=${htmlfile%.html}_ie.html

rm -f $htmlfile2

echo "working on $htmlfile2"

# search original file line by line and...

cat $htmlfile |

while read htmlline; do

# ...inject warning if at the right position

testline=`echo $htmlline | grep 'div style="position:absolute;"'`

if [ ${#testline} != "0" ]; then

echo "injecting warning"

echo '<div>' >> $htmlfile2

echo '<h2 class=warning>Internet Explorer Compatibility Version --do yourself a favour and use a W3C compliant browser.</h2>' >> $htmlfile2

echo '<h2 class=warning>There are many good programs out there, e.g. <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/">Firefox</a> or <a href="http://www.opera.com/">Opera</a>...</h2>' >> $htmlfile2

echo '</div>' >> $htmlfile2

fi

# ...change title

htmlline=${htmlline//der bastler: OFP Maniac Locator/der bastler: OFP Maniac Locator --IE--}

# ...change paths in navigation line

htmlline=${htmlline//map.html/map_ie.html}

htmlline=${htmlline//$htmlfile/$htmlfile2}

# ...replace pin pngs with gif versions

htmlline=${htmlline//pin_k.png/pin_k.gif}

htmlline=${htmlline//pin_k2.png/pin_k2.gif}

htmlline=${htmlline//pin_k22.png/pin_k22.gif}

htmlline=${htmlline//pin_k3.png/pin_k3.gif}

htmlline=${htmlline//pin_k4.png/pin_k4.gif}

htmlline=${htmlline//pin_gld.png/pin_gld.gif}

# write back line to temporary file

echo "$htmlline" >> "$htmlfile2"

done

echo "finished $htmlfile2"

echo

done

So after an update I only have to run

Quote[/b] ]<span style='color:green'>frank@Enterprise</span> <span style='color:blue'>map $</span> ./pinpng2gif.bash

to get the IE versions.

Have fun!

Quote[/b] ]Internet Explorer Compatibility Version --do yourself a favour and use a W3C compliant browser.

There are many good programs out there, e.g. Firefox or Opera...

biggrin_o.gif

* added feersum.endjinn and Baddo

* modified conversion script to allow single file modus

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#!/bin/bash

# IE compatibility *sigh* patch script

# der bastler

# October 2004

if [ $# == 0 ]; then

filelist="africa.html asia.html australia.html europe.html namerica.html samerica.html"

else

filelist="$*"

fi

# for every file in mentioned list (ie. all maps) do...

for htmlfile in $filelist; do

# compose new filename (filename - .html + _ie.html)

htmlfile2=${htmlfile%.html}_ie.html

rm -f $htmlfile2

echo "working on $htmlfile2"

# search original file line by line and...

cat $htmlfile |

while read htmlline; do

# ...inject warning if at the right position

testline=`echo $htmlline | grep 'div style="position:absolute;"'`

if [ ${#testline} != "0" ]; then

echo "injecting warning"

echo '<div>' >> $htmlfile2

echo '<h2 class=warning>Internet Explorer Compatibility Version --do yourself a favour and use a W3C compliant browser.</h2>' >> $htmlfile2

echo '<h2 class=warning>There are many good programs out there, e.g. <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/">Firefox</a> or <a href="http://www.opera.com/">Opera</a>...</h2>' >> $htmlfile2

echo '</div>' >> $htmlfile2

fi

# ...change title

htmlline=${htmlline//der bastler: OFP Maniac Locator/der bastler: OFP Maniac Locator --IE--}

# ...change paths in navigation line

htmlline=${htmlline//map.html/map_ie.html}

htmlline=${htmlline//$htmlfile/$htmlfile2}

# ...replace pin pngs with gif versions

htmlline=${htmlline//pin_k.png/pin_k.gif}

htmlline=${htmlline//pin_k2.png/pin_k2.gif}

htmlline=${htmlline//pin_k22.png/pin_k22.gif}

htmlline=${htmlline//pin_k3.png/pin_k3.gif}

htmlline=${htmlline//pin_k4.png/pin_k4.gif}

htmlline=${htmlline//pin_gld.png/pin_gld.gif}

# write back line to new file

echo "$htmlline" >> "$htmlfile2"

done

echo "finished $htmlfile2"

echo

done

Usage, all files:

Quote[/b] ]<span style='color:green'>frank@Enterprise</span> <span style='color:blue'>map $</span> ./pinpng2gif.bash

Usage, specific file(s):

Quote[/b] ]<span style='color:green'>frank@Enterprise</span> <span style='color:blue'>map $</span> ./pinpng2gif.bash Europe.html

Me is happy now , thanks der bastler now we need to get a few more pins in there its pretty lonely there, imagine being stuck with a women on 1 1/2 continent tounge_o.gif

P.S: I think Uzihayu(sp) or someother forum member here is also from Israel maybe you could add him , he has this IDF clan going i was once a part of.