Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

OFP-MANIAC-MAP-Locator

I tried... I couldnt find one that is big enough to fit the dots. For the US that is okay but with 3 dots germany would be gone and with one dot belgium could be covered twice.

The map should must be huge otherwise.

I take it that if there are, say, 6 people from London, that will show up as a single red dot over London.

What would be nicer is if you could graphically show it as six pins stuck in the map, instead of a single dot.

1. well in that case I would ask the people to move out of town for the weekend to a nearby village so I can put the dot eleswhere.

But sure. I could use pin.gif

and with one dot belgium could be covered twice.

Typical. biggrin_o.gif

Great idea Albert.

Maybe you could have a little list pop out when you hover over a pin that represents several people?

is it going to be a interactive map where we can click on the pin and see a list of names and what they do in ofp?

if you provide me the tools to do that then fine ... but no. I simply thought about making a map with tiny red dots to show where the members live / come from.

The idea is good, but you have to get another euromap!

The one you linked to have cut Norway in half... sad_o.gif

(No problem for me personally, as I live in the south of Norway...thank god! but there might be some polarbears from the north?)

Also Sweden and Finland suffers on the map.

But as I said; good idea! smile_o.gif

maybe some of you have better maps? sad_o.gif But yes, I totally agree...

And Avon gets a map for herself. A tiny red dot in the middle of the middle east ... biggrin_o.gif

Maybe dots could have different colors or shapes depending on how many ppl they represent. I don't really like the "the dots get bigger the more ppl they represent" idea as the maps are small enough already. Most of the smaller countries will most probably be (slash)dotted tounge_o.gif

Does Tyska translate into anything? Like "southerner" or "barbarian"?

I don't know, ask someone Swedish. smile_o.gif

You are tyska in swedish tounge_o.gif

Tyska is a female while Tysk is a male. By the way I found a nice map.. tounge_o.gif

europe.jpg

Not that I personally care... but others will, Scotland and Wales would like to be counted as seperate places with their own boarder I'd guess, Scott's and Welsh people are generally very proud of their country and normally dislike being within the same boarders of England. That aside I think it's a damn good idea, the logistics of the thing may be a little "woaaaaaaah" as you'll get a LOT of people from roughly the same area as said before, but the list thing is a nice way to over come it, simply have places where OFP'ers are, then you click the place and get a list of all those who come from there (like clicking Manchester then a list of gamers from Manchester comes up). Actually you could split it up even more, have all the countries with people who play the game there and have them clickable, then you get a map of just that country which is bigger and lets you put even more dots on the place.

You are tyska in swedish tounge_o.gif

Tyska is a female while Tysk is a male. By the way I found a nice map.. tounge_o.gif

What the... never heard of that kind of thing.

Great...but there will be a lot of upset swedes here if you use Llauma's map...  tounge_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Anyone wanna hear some great swedish jokes?

I'll do one anyways;

Do you know why all swedes line up in their frontdoors and smile if there's lightning outside?

...they think someone is taking a picture of them!

What's funny is the joke war between Norway and Sweden...it's basically the same jokes, we just replace norwegians with swedes...  tounge_o.gif

could be set up on html so certain areas(the pins) are clickable