Sign in to follow this  
MiG2003

Operation Farmland Mod

For our next update people, what kind of head damage do you's prefer? 5 shots to head for a kill (what it's at atm), 4 or 3, etc?

2... 1 actually thats all it really takes tounge2.gif

2 or 3 shots, if it could be made to depend on what difficulty logic you run biggrin_o.gif like 1 easy 3 medium and 5 hard wink_o.gif

add 3 zombie-classes with different armor-values...

e.g. weak zombies (one head shot killes) for the very fresh ones, which make the largest number,

medium (2 or three headshots) for more challenge,

and a few hard (4 or 5 head shots) for kind of "leaders"

2... 1 actually thats all it really takes tounge2.gif

How many times have you shot a zombie in the head?

2 or 3 shots, if it could be made to depend on what difficulty logic you run  biggrin_o.gif like 1 easy 3 medium and 5 hard  wink_o.gif

are you mad? 1 to 5 shots. that would be like civilians going on painkillers.

why don't we just use the civil armour values?

comeon... It's zombies. I'd say 5 shots for the easy ones

8-10 for the medium and 15-20 for the really hard ones.

if you think that the zombies are to tough, why don't u use less of them? and put some ammo here and there in your mission. you're not gonna survive on 2 glock mags are you?

Well, I thought we were talking about HEAD-shots...

Are you serious with this?

Quote[/b] ]if you think that the zombies are to tough, why don't u use less of them?

confused_o.gif Well I think a mission with jsut one or two zombies would be quite boring.

Watch movies like Dawn of the Dead or other movies from the "George A. Romero - Universe"

The atomosphere comes from the numbers, but the zombies can be killed with one headshot...

In my opinion this is, how this mod should be...

Quote[/b] ]if you think that the zombies are to tough, why don't u use less of them?

confused_o.gif Well I think a mission with jsut one or two zombies would be quite boring.

Watch movies like Dawn of the Dead or other movies from the "George A. Romero - Universe"

The atomosphere comes from the numbers, but the zombies can be killed with one headshot...

well... I'm gonna tell you something funny. serveral 100s of zombies lags... no really, they do! AND, slow zombies, beleave it or not, are very slow. it is boring to just run and take them down one by one with one shot. if you can't hit the head then you got serious problems aiming. and if you noticed, spawning lots of zombies adds lagspikes.

and YES I am really serious. when speaking of easy and medium I mean normal fast and zombies slow. I'm not speaking only of zombies right now. and BTW in most movies, isn't it like that, that even a roadblock full of soldiers can't stop a big horde cuz it made of serveral 1000s of zombies right? well try to put that in ofp and your comp will fry.

what we can do tough is to add armour to the body and other limbs nener.gif

totaly agreed..

Remeber is it what the customers want, or what you want tounge2.gif

I'm not the one making the zombies tounge2.gif so that decision comes from some1 ellse. so I'm really just expressing my opinion ain't I? and well it's gonna be lowered. but not to one HS.

BTW I never said that there should only be two zombies confused_o.gif more like 40+

In tests we found that zombies with lower health simpley died too quickly, compared to their counterparts, along with several studies into zombies we found that usually it will take 3 headshots to immobilise the zombie, as it's quite diffficult to hit the right part of the brain. There's my reasoning, if you want zombies with lower health, just setdamage them to 0.25 or something

along with several studies into zombies we found that usually it will take 3 headshots to immobilise the zombie

EH! everything ive ever heard about zombies plus zombie films it takes 1 head shot.. it doesnt matter where in the brain you hit them beciase once a bullet goes into the brain it automatticly 0.01 second shuts down everything thus instantly killing, same for an alive human..

Current Situation:

I just placed 100+ Zombies on the map all targeted me.. about 10 of them were fast zombies i got totaly overrun no way in hell would ive been able to fight them all off even with 1 headshot check out the video

------

------

and just think if you have zombie spaners so you dont need several hundred zombies on at one time.. plus 100+ wont lag when you add all the fog in and that.. huh.gif

dude that was insane but i see your point they are a bugegr to kill, maybe it would of helped not using the M4SD though whistle.gif

It seems like nobody listen to me. Again... i'm speaking to anybody who want this but you can all changed your own armor in the config.cpp. Really easy. Or maybe you just don't know how and have to wait for the new update? huh.gif No offence

and if you noticed, spawning lots of zombies adds lagspikes.

Place them on the map before you spawn them, so they are preloaded into the memory? tounge2.gif

I usually mix fast and slow zombies on a 4/1 (slow/fast) ratio, which is quite a challenge with 40-80 zombies in a city. But i changed head-armor values already so they die with 1-3 headshot, anything more and it would be impossible to finish smile_o.gif

It seems like nobody listen to me. Again... i'm speaking to anybody who want this but you can all changed your own armor in the config.cpp. Really easy. Or maybe you just don't know how and have to wait for the new update? huh.gif No offence

sure I could do this. But: Do you really want that each Mission-maker has his own zombie-config and his own zombie.pbo ? icon_rolleyes.gif Does not sound practical to me.

I´d like to have one pbo that is compatible and could be used with different missions instead of one pbo for each single mission out there

There's my reasoning, if you want zombies with lower health, just setdamage them to 0.25 or something

Are you sure that works? Cause in the "initzombie.sqs" there already stands this line: "_z setdamage 0.7"...

But i changed head-armor values already so they die with 1-3 headshot, anything more and it would be impossible to finish

This is just what I mean: ofpforum has his own config, DarkTerritory3 has his own config... Matt Rochelle could make his own and me and... icon_rolleyes.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif  everyone has his own config...  

What´s there to be said against having a config.cpp with different zombie-classes for different difficulties ?

along with several studies into zombies we found that usually it will take 3 headshots to immobilise the zombie

EH! everything ive ever heard about zombies plus zombie films it takes 1 head shot.. it doesnt matter where in the brain you hit them beciase once a bullet goes into the brain it automatticly 0.01 second shuts down everything thus instantly killing, same for an alive human..

Yeah, but, yaknow, they always change stuff for the movies to make them more exciting tounge2.gif

As for the seperate config idea, well, there's already 4 classes of zombies, if we added ones with less health it'd be up to 8, then we'd have people saying they want zombies that don't have the new faces, that'd be 16 classes, then you'd have people who want zombies which can only be killed by headshots, 32 classes...

Then you have people who want the addon easier to navigate crazy_o.gif

Anyways, we'll see what we can do wink_o.gif

Nogova virus had zombies with very little health, yet it was still hard and not laggy

The new site is up!

Still under construction, but atleast it's up tounge2.gif

With regards

JW

smile_o.gif

PS. From now on, more news will be posted on the site wink_o.gif

Yes, I love php-fusion biggrin_o.gif best PHP site wink_o.gif

but, change a original icons ('site news' etc.).

Anyway, great work smile_o.gif

New graphics are on the way, too bad we lost Neilreed, our 2d artist sad_o.gif