Sign in to follow this  
Silent Pro

Updated UH-60 Blackhawks for OFP

How abou having the copilot seat as a cargo proxy with a script that spawns another pilot model in that proxy when the helicopter is initialised, I seem to remember this in DKM's Challenger 2 where a 4th crew member is created as the loader in the tank's cargo position when you place one in the game.

Dare I suggest making some Seahawks by the way? biggrin_o.gif

Excellent looking work Silent Pro. Could you please get in touch with those wizards at OFRP to implement their winch into the UH-60Q?

The BAS blackhawk/pavehawk is one of the most impressive addons for OPF smile_o.gif .

I always expected them to release army variants to replace the BIS UH60's but my hopes died with the end of the mod team...

I agree the original BAS cargo proxies are awsome but would be great to have something diferent for the army too, i would love to have these with the OPF type seats and without those boxes in the back, like on the BAS UH60L but with the seats on and maybe new incargo animations smile_o.gif .

I would also like to have the mounted M2 version but with a new/better sound, maybe like the M2 mounted on Sigma's us tanks or COMBAT!'s apc's?

The medevac sounds very cool too, i am praying for you to get permission to release these new varients of the great BAS helicopter smile_o.gif .

So is there a demand for these? I know the Config replacement guys would be interested, but what about everyone else?

Hell yea!  Can you make the models look for the textures under data.pbo so we can just put the p3d into data3d.pbo and put the new textures in data.pbo and replace the BIS blackhawk models completely?  smile_o.gif

Edit: If you dont make the models load textures from data.pbo then I can still just put the p3d into data3d.pbo and just put the addon in the addons folder and accomplish the same thing.

Just so you know i have been granted permission to release. However, for basic quality control i have agreed to run these by Tigershark before im ready to cut them loose. But so far all i have are the two variants seen in the screenshots. So please dont think that these are all near completion.

Maximus,

Unfortunately i wont be going that route, because first and foremost this addon is standalone. Meaning it can be used without a dependency on the original game. However, this addon will require BAS's original Blackhawks for usage. Sorry man. sad_o.gif If you want i can save you the hassle of Un-pbo'ing the addon by giving you the p3d path. smile_o.gif

Yay, thats awsome news biggrin_o.gif . Are you removing the cargo boxes and adding cargo seats to the helos? Please say you will smile_o.gif .

It looks promising , i will certainly use them in my personnal bis units replacement.

Very good work.

Looking good, it would be cool if you could put some of the ofrp scripts on them or make variants for other countries, like columbia, australia, etc.

And I like the idea of more weapons loadouts too.

Let me start by saying that I am a 15T (UH-60 Blackhawk mechinc/crewchief) currently serving in the U.S. Army. I am always glad to see someone taking interest and making new 60s for OFP. I want to share a few thoughts with you.

1) Almost ALL U.S. Army UH-60s use M60D machine guns and not M134 miniguns or M2 50 cals. The only units that use miniguns are the 160th SOAR and one unit stationed in Korea. Some regular Army units are testing the M240 as an alternative to the M60D.

2) The UH-60Q model is rarely found today in medivac units. Most medivac units use a modified version of the UH-60L that includes a rescue hoist, carrosel for holding casualties, and sometimes different windows in the cargo doors.

3) There are generally two types of DAP birds the 160th uses. One is a regular DAP bird that carries NO hellfires. The other is an IDAP that does carry hellfires. Both can be equiped with a 30mm cannon, two foward facing M134 miniguns, and 2.75" FFARs. Another note, the crewchiefs on DAP birds usually site in rear facing seats, right up against the robinson tanks.

4) The ESSS fuel tanks that we always use hold 230 gallons of fuel. The big boys that I have never seen carry 460 gallons. Also, there are two different types of ESSS. The first is the one you usally see with the ESSS wings going pretty much straight out from the aircraft. The other is a type that the 160th uses. The come up at an angle to provide the door gunner with a larger area to shoot. I put a pic at the bottom.

5) Some of our aircraft here at the 101st are getting new engine inlets that dramatically change the look of the aircraft. I was unable to find any pics of the inlets on the net so I will take my camera to work tomorrow and try to get a picture or two so you can see what they look like. These new inlets have big filters for keeping the dust out in dirty environments (Iraq). However, there is a reduction in power as a result.

160th ESSS wings.

mh60k.jpg

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. You can PM me if you wish.

Thanks and good luck!

Monty

P.S. I have friends in the 160th, regular air assault units, and medivac units so I can get quite a bit of info if needed. Plus, I have a ton of experience myself.

Me and the crew in Cali.

CALI_PIC01.jpg

Two medivacs versions would be nice...

One with fuel pods... one with out.

Um maybe some slightly lower poly versions so you can put more than two in a mission without causing playability problems? BAS Choppers are just way too detailed for anything other than spec ops missions smile_o.gif

OD green plz biggrin_o.gif

I also like the idea about adding the second pilot..

Maybe just make the first cargo position that seat like in the trucks (first guy sits next to driver in the front) Would be nice just to have as added realism in missions. I wouldnt really care if he could fly or not because seeing just one pilot like it is now looks...funny.

Um maybe some slightly lower poly versions so you can put more than two in a mission without causing playability problems? BAS Choppers are just way too detailed for anything other than spec ops missions smile_o.gif

You can only put two wow_o.gif , i can put quite a few without any performance issues and my comp is no monster either, better check your settings rock.gif .

One word: Medevac. Now my thoughts:

To tell you the truth, the only version you said you'd make that raised my eyebrows is the medevac. Those two other versions im like "yeah yeah yeah, we already have that in flashpoint." Unless of course you get the green color scheme correct this time. The green color scheme in the BIS blackhawks is too like...bright. Compared to the green ive seen in real life, the bis blackhawks look quite bright. But yeah, we need a really good medevac. Mainly one with a lowering harness to rescue people in water or in the jungle or something like that. Also a script for ai to operate it.

I'm hoping you guys saw the screenshots posted on the first post so you can see what color these blackhawks will look like. Funny but i keep hearing from you guys about the color and i spent a good amount of time trying to get the color right, and it was not easy at all.

Monty, i will most likely go with a lot of your suggestions since you seem to have the most information regarding these birds. I will give you a hollar if i need more.. wink_o.gif

Thank you all for your suggestions, they have given me many options and pathways to go with this project. However in keeping with the standards that BAS had kept, i want these to be as realistic as their previous blackhawk releases.

I know that you can put commanders into planes, not sure about helos. If you can put a commander in the left seat it'd be better than a cargo position.

Also I'd like to see an older version ('85 style) and the more modern version with the modified inlets that monty mentioned.I'd also suggest sticking with the M60D for the MG version, and still making a simple FFAR version just for replacing the BIS version.

And if you don't want to fully make a new medevac model, at least make a selection for a red cross on the MG model.

Thank you all for your suggestions, they have given me many options and pathways to go with this project. However in keeping with the standards that BAS had kept, i want these to be as realistic as their previous blackhawk releases.

I just had to add this one final sugestion, how about reskining and adding the crashed version too? A crashed BH is always andy to put in missions smile_o.gif .

Also i was going to say that, if you do do an old m60 version, plz use the sound effects of the machine gun from the SEB spec ops huey. Which uses the same sound effect from their SEB NAM M60. It sounds really cool.

cool i like replacing the orginal model's with mods, please release soon (and make a new chinook!)

Sorry to disappoint all you people, but contrary to previous posts, permission to edit my Blackhawk model has not and will not be given.

Please note that this is no reflection against Silent Pro, who's work is excellent. Hopefully his reskins of the model will continue. I cannot give reasons why I have made this decision, but I hope that you will all respect it.

SelectThis