Sign in to follow this  
Diesel

A-10 Thunderbolt II v0.5

Check out the ailreons/airbrakes. When they're fully opened the sidewinders stick through them.

This is definately the best A-10 for now!

Would it be possible to make a working HUD with pitch ladders that actually follow the skyline like in OpFr Jaguar? I think it's nothing more than just making a really huge horizon ball that can only be seen through the HUD. Getting the ball to match the horizon is probably the hardest part and it's simply a matter of trial and error. The OpFr boys probably know the appropriate dimensions.

Another useful addition would be the DKM's RWR, though I haven't seen it being used on any fixed-winged aircraft.

Oh yeah! A CAS aircraft wouldn't be complete without CBUs smile_o.gif

Oh, diesel2 I just noticed yesterday in testing of it a very important problem dealing with this A-10 GAU-8's damage capability.  You need to amp up the firepower of that tank killer gun.  Otherwise all it's good for is strafing infantry.

I suggest you analyze the characteristics of the WGL A-10's GAU-8 and also the Oyman's A-10 with his GAU-8 similiar in function to the WGL A-10.  Then try to model the ammo similiar to what these two A-10's Avenger cannon does.

*New Link*

New Oyman's A-10 Download link

*New Link*

Oyman's A-10 OFPEC Forum topic

gr8 tounge_o.gif addon but what is up with the wheels not moveing u whent to all the hard work but didnt change that (to make the wheels move

I suggest you analyze the characteristics of the WGL A-10's GAU-8 and also the Oyman's A-10 with his GAU-8 similiar in function to the WGL A-10.  Then try to model the ammo similiar to what these two A-10's Avenger cannon does.

Link to download site of Oyman's A-10

Oyman's A-10 OFPEC Forum topic

If you didnt notice havocsquad i updated my A10 a few months ago, has 3 version now

http://www.atwar.net/download.php?view.3995

maybe causing all CTD's are because diesel2's A10 doesnt have a Fire geometry lod and hitpoints lod, when testing this i didnt get any CTD's

why does everyone spell my name with a capital O tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]maybe causing all CTD's are because diesel2's A10 doesnt have a Fire geometry lod and hitpoints lod, when testing this i didnt get any CTD's

I'll add it  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]diesel2's A10

Diesel plz, Diesel...  tounge_o.gif

So...will you add a nice ejection seat..thingy crazy_o.gif to it like on the spetsnaz mod flanker? That would be really great, also i think nobody mentioned the untextured rocket pods or whatever their called because it is quite obvious rock.gif , i sure hope you will bring this great A10 to perfection, even watching A.I. atacking ground targets with it is awsome smile_o.gif .

For me it is the green version that makes my game crash...

Thank you so much to improve this plane that was the "parent pauvre"(I don`t the english term..) of ofp planes.

The "O" for yor name is very well deserved wink_o.gif

Just changed the link on the old post. Didn't find out about the newer version until long after I posted.

Will rereview your A-10 and get it updated on my OFP aircraft library site.

Can't keep on top of everything all the time.... rock.gif

What are the major differences between oyman's and diesel's A10s? Feature-wise and quality-wise? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]also i think nobody mentioned the untextured rocket pods or whatever their called because it is quite obvious

textures where there for me.

Good model mate, the only negative I noticed was - get 20 meters from plane and all underneath disappears. (maybe need some extra res lods in there somewhere) oh yeah no shadow either.

Could not reproduce CTD in either model. I figure if the grey does it then the green should to coz the grey is fully generic to the green.

Love the cockpit.

Good model mate, the only negative I noticed was - get 20 meters from plane and all underneath disappears.

This happened to me once but then they magically reapeared, with neither the planes nor myself moving. But there's definitely something with this that needs fixing.

Quote[/b] ]Love the cockpit.

Pointed out on Diesel's HUD problem thread that the compass readings are 180 degrees off.

Ok, ok.

Let's take a break right here.

I now have BIS A10, INQ A10, Diesel A10 and oyman A10.

Every single addon has it's own unique features and also bugs.

-Diesel's animated jet engines are very cool.

-INQ's has that nice cockpit textures, the "gun view" and a extremly cool gun sound.

-oyman's has... uhm that feature that slows down the plane while shooting the gatling.

And some more features.....

I think now is the time to bring all the goodies together in ONE PERFECT ADDON!

---

We all know now how "good" this aircraft is in real combat and that it takes more than a farmer with a WWI rifle to ´get it down.

So please join together and add all features +realistic textures, rolling wheels and maybe ACES to it.

Btw, while standing with oyman's A10 on the ground and firing the gatling, I mentioned, that the A10 moves backward.

Can't this effect be used to get an aircraft in ofp back in it's hangar?

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

I never looked at compass, was more concerned with ctd problem ppl where having. Visually cockpit is very neat and tidy.

I think now is the time to bring all the goodies together in ONE PERFECT ADDON!

Yep.

Quote[/b] ]Btw, while standing with oyman's A10 on the ground and firing the gatling, I mentioned, that the A10 moves backward.

Or for braking while landing an A10 on a carrier deck. biggrin_o.gif

while standing with oyman's A10 on the ground and firing the gatling, I mentioned, that the A10 moves backward.

as long as nothing in front of it... yes biggrin_o.gif

as long as nothing in front of it... yes  biggrin_o.gif

"Clear the flight deck! Avon is coming with an A10 and her special brake manouver!"

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Lee_H._Oswald, one problem... I'm not graphic tounge_o.gif Maybe someone can help with textures?

Rolling wheels and ACES in next version i think and I creating new cockpit. smile_o.gif

BTW. I want 2 sound for gun (begin and loop). It's possible?

from which addon are those pics

that would be high quality work if it is ofp

from which addon are those pics

that would be high quality work if it is ofp

FS 2004, this plane u can buy. Only 29.95 for EEC customers (including VAT), 25.81 for non EEC customers

(excluding EEC VAT)  biggrin_o.gif