Sign in to follow this  
Diesel

A-10 Thunderbolt II v0.5

Im not fussing but....something you may like to try if you still interested in this project is when you change weapons perhaps you could setobjtex the Hud display?

For EG when swaping from Gun to sidewinders you get the sidwinder bigger circle maybe even play that anoying tracking sound?

Unfortunately that's not possible, since you can't check when the player switches to another weapon or which weapon a player has selected sad_o.gif

(Avon - thanks for the head's up)

It seems there is a problem with loading some texture. Maybe the texture format or dimensions are bad, or texture file is simply corrupted? The texture causing crash is likely to be in ARGB1555 format (no DXT compression).

To any gurus: that means it's PAC, rather than PAA, right?

Diesel - Do you still have TGA/GIF for the textures? Check the

dimensions on each, and check that all the mip levels are

okay - load the pac into TexView and use the up and down

and page-up/page-down keys.

Diesel - Do you still have TGA/GIF for the textures? Check the

dimensions on each, and check that all the mip levels are

okay - load the pac into TexView and use the up and down

and page-up/page-down keys.

I have TGA and PSD files.

All dimensions look good. I used texview for mip levels and nothing.

Question for the military experts: What's more accurate? The new thick riveted interior canopy frame or the old versions?

Also, which HUD display is more realistic?

The old cockpit was more realistic, and IMHO better looking - those rivets just dont look right sad_o.gif (although there ARE some A-10's with cockpits like that)

As for the HUD, I couldnt comment, as I've never been in an A-10 when the HUD has been on.

Edit: Pics of current-spec A-10's:

dd045.jpg

A-10A%20Thunderbolt%20II2.jpg

57.jpg

And one of the HUD:

51.jpg

Question for the military experts: What's more accurate? The new thick riveted interior canopy frame or the old versions?

Also, which HUD display is more realistic?

The old cockpit was more realitic, and IMHO better looking - those rivets just dont look right sad_o.gif

As for the HUD, I couldnt comment, as I've never been in an A-10 when the HUD has been on.

The new canopy seems to have been taken from LOMAC. See this LOMAC screen.

if theres a bugged texture and you will fix it can u plz add a shadow LOD?

What? What shadow LOD?

Last LOD don't have "noshadow 1"...

Sorry for offtopic

@ Parvus what graphics card are you using ?

Radeon 9800pro 128 MB with Catalyst 4.10

- screens were taken with 1600x1200x32

Sorry for offtopic
@ Parvus what graphics card are you using ?

Radeon 9800pro 128 MB with Catalyst 4.10

- screens were taken with 1600x1200x32

Yes yippieh yay I ordered exactly this graphics card just two days ago!! Seems like I'll be having nice graphics too anytime soon smile_o.gif

It's right the cockpit frame is also that way in LOMAC but I don't really like it, I think the old one was better, since this one looks somewhat . . . irrealistic although it may be that way in reality. But it doesn't really matter for me, since this plane is very cool and I know that it takes a lot of work to make a cockpit, so thanks Diesel smile_o.gif

if theres a bugged texture and you will fix it can u plz add a shadow LOD?

What? What shadow LOD?

Last LOD don't have "noshadow 1"...

you misunderstand me, i meant is : your beautiful plane is very good, but with such quality the pd3's should include shadow, can you please add them?

Edit: i just opened your addon and i see you added lodnoshadow=1 ...weird

you misunderstand me, i meant is : your beautiful plane is very good, but with such quality the pd3's should include shadow, can you please add them?

Edit: i just opened your addon and i see you added lodnoshadow=1 ...weird

there is no lodnoshadow property in the last lod

I like the new cockpit better, realistic enough for me and really great efect when the canopy closes/opens.

It actually looks a bit too good for flashpoint tounge_o.gif .

Indeed, it is a fantastic addon.

Easily the best aircraft addon for OFP atm, and some excellent work by Diesel.

Diesel, any update on finding the texture causing CTD's? rock.gif

Also about the cockpit and closed canopy, it's only the closed canopy that I don't like. Both the old and new cockpit panels are nice with the new one being better.

I have given these A10's a good run, why does it crash only to some people? It works perfectly well for me? rock.gif .

I cant help myself, im gonna hunt some more armor now tounge_o.gif .

I have given these A10's a good run, why does it crash only to some people? It works perfectly well for me?  rock.gif .

I cant help myself, im gonna hunt some more armor now tounge_o.gif .

There are so many variables that may cause this.

All I know is that nothing else crashes OFP for me and certainly nothing as constant (about 1/3 times) as this A-10.

Eventually, the Avenger cannon is going to need to be updated to Oyman's/WGL's simulation so that armor can actually be destroyed with the cannon, instead of the cannon being more like the BIS one.

Eventually, the Avenger cannon is going to need to be updated to Oyman's/WGL's simulation so that armor can actually be destroyed with the cannon, instead of the cannon being more like the BIS one.

eh rock.gif . It perforates T80's like butter, any more power to the cannon and it would start killing other jets with one shot, and we wouldnt want that now would we wink_o.gif ?

Quote[/b] ]Diesel, any update on finding the texture causing CTD's? rock.gif

I checked textures and all looks good crazy_o.gif

Funny just watched it wipe out a colllum of t80s in a single pass using the Avenger..

Ues these in combination with the Ac130, the enemy will never get to your postion, as long as you got some distance, otherwise both kill you just as well.

eh rock.gif . It perforates T80's like butter, any more power to the cannon and it would start killing other jets with one shot, and we wouldnt want that now would we wink_o.gif ?

Yeh. Any stronger and it'll shoot out the back of our monitors. tounge_o.gifcrazy_o.gifghostface.gif

Diesel, I'll try to explain what I meant about the canopy's interior:

1. What I do not like in the new model is the look on the interior (inside) of the bolted canopy frame, that is, when the canopy is closed. I prefer the looks of the closed canopy frame in the older A-10 version (Inquisitor's?). However, I do not know which one looks more like the real thing on an actual A-10.

2. The cockpit instrument panel on the new A-10 is nicer than the old one but the old one was nice, too. Some people didn't like the earlier version's instrument panel. I think we're becoming spoiled rotten. smile_o.gif

Now about those CTDs, just a thought..............

Could it have something to do with the ejection seat?

Now about those CTDs, just a thought..............

Could it have something to do with the ejection seat?

The 'flying' seat uses BIS built-in textures only.