very nice addon

looks like the one from Lomac! great!

for final release:

more weapon loadouts!!!!!!

@xela89

Only weapon textures are with lomac wink_o.gif

@King Homer

More weapon?

Well I say the armor rate needs a major change. The A10 is a very tought aircraft capable of taking exstensive amount sof damage in combat and still able to fly back. Watched a few crashed at the local airbase and returned to duty in a few days. due to OFP1 damage pyshics rather diffcult to do that A10 proporly, it can fly with one engine 3/4 ths of a wing blown off most of the tail section blasted off.

Unlike the F16 which I've seen downed by injesting a green signal flare in the engine intake durring a training mission to simulate a sam launch. They are bit more toughere than that but really don't like having a single power plant aircraft.

didn't notice the crash FX missing cause FXmod adds some to most addons automaticly.

Think he armor value should higher, the A10 is rather well armored. And redundant back up systems galore.

Well, I believe there needs to be a total revision of how powerful the AAA rounds are for OFP.  That would fix the problem of the A-10 being shot down really easy.  Manpad's warhead strength would need to be revised as well, but not as much as the 23mm and the 20mm AAA.

You could have various types of these ammo with their effective damage values.  20mm Ball, 20mm AP, 20mm APDU, 20mm HE, etc.

I think the WGL mod did this relatively well balancing the AAA effectiveness, even with the problems of OFP limitations.  However, the WGL A-10's armor value was too weak IMHO.  The WGL Manpad Frag warhead effect was great too.

Hey diesel2, just to let you know...

Expect a complete review of your beta A-10 posted soon. Hopefully by the end of this week if I can get around to it.

agrhh... I don't know why grey version crashes OFP sometimes :| Any sugestions?

Is the grey camo scheme you've used accurate? I don't recall A-10s using two tone grey camo pattern.

Is the grey camo scheme you've used accurate? I don't recall A-10s using two tone grey camo pattern.

If you look closely you can see he's got it right.

a201.jpga202.jpg

Diesel You rule smile_o.gif I liked especially green camo.

I don't have any problems with grey version...

Quote[/b] ]I don't have any problems with grey version...

Me too  rock.gif

BTW. I'll retexture grey version...

Polish lang:

Kuba, nie za duzo sugnatur? tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I don't have any problems with grey version...

Me too  rock.gif

I managed to CTD yesterday once with the gray version, after several minutes of play. File Flashpoint.rpt said an ACCESS VIOLATION occurred.

Quote[/b] ]BTW. I'll retexture grey version...

Why? Does that have anything to do with the CTDs?

BTW, can you adjust the automatic canopy open/close so that the canopy closes right away once the engines have started? It seems to only close once a certain minimal speed is reached.

About the 4 bombs onboard. They seem to veer somewhat to the side when released, rather than dropping straight down. Is it just my imagination or is it designed that way?

edit: <s>Finally, what countermeasure are/will be built-in against AA missiles? I think this is a must.</s> Just had a dogfight against the A10. Wasted a lot of AA missiles until I downed it.

Thanks for a fun addon. wink_o.gif

what about contacting Scud and getting help[ on adding the damage sqs to the A10 like he has on his planes. Played with them over the weekend and thought it was really cool..

Limping back to the airport missing a large wing section, but the engine came unglued on final approach and lawndarted on the flattop.

Can weapon loadouts be customized with RemoveWeapon commands in a plane's INIT statement?

Quote[/b] ]Why? Does that have anything to do with the CTDs?

rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]BTW, can you adjust the automatic canopy open/close so that the canopy closes right away once the engines have started? It seems to only close once a certain minimal speed is reached.

OK, in next version wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]About the 4 bombs onboard. They seem to veer somewhat to the side when released, rather than dropping straight down. Is it just my imagination or is it designed that way?

Wind? :P

Quote[/b] ]Thanks for a fun addon.

I'm glad that you liked it wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Can weapon loadouts be customized with RemoveWeapon commands in a plane's INIT statement?

HAWK system? (ka50)

nice work diesel2 it flies real well and the wep load outs great!

i too also have the ctd with the gray version? it happened when i was firing at it with guns (from my p51 biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif ) it seems you have no hit points lod? maybe this is effecting it, but the green version doesn't either rock.gif so i don't know.

Quote[/b] ]Why? Does that have anything to do with the CTDs?

rock.gif

Why are you reskinning it? It looks good. Does reskinning it has something to do with the reported crashes-to-desktop (CTDs)?

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]About the 4 bombs onboard. They seem to veer somewhat to the side when released, rather than dropping straight down. Is it just my imagination or is it designed that way?

Wind?

Must be something I ate. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]Can weapon loadouts be customized with RemoveWeapon commands in a plane's INIT statement?

HAWK system? (ka50)

I take it that means no?

So will you be introducing A10s with predefined different weapons layouts? For example, some with more bombs, others with more AT missiles?

only the rudder movement that you mentioned.

It takesoff smoothly and lands well and flies slow like an a10.

a small adjustment like wheelSteeringSensitivity = 1.3; will fix the small turning bug.

hmm.... i tried it again and no ctd then crazy_o.gif

hmm.... i tried it again and no ctd then  crazy_o.gif

The CTDs are very random. I've had them at all sorts of different points in a mission - under very different circumstances.

I dont think its a config prob,

and that wheelSteeringSensitivity = 1.3; works well i just tried it.

1 more post Avon biggrin_o.gif for 5000 club wow_o.gif

1 more post Avon  biggrin_o.gif for 5000 club  wow_o.gif

Posted it elsewhere.

And I was in the Forum 5000 Club ages ago but Ralph Wiggum reduced my count.

Makes me feel so young! tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gifrock.gifsad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]So will you be introducing A10s with predefined different weapons layouts? For example, some with more bombs, others with more AT missiles?

weap ka50

When i added more weapons, i added more faces too (maybe over 11000 faces... crazy_o.gif )

BTW. I can create new models with another weapons wink_o.gif

Can weapon loadouts be customized with RemoveWeapon commands in a plane's INIT statement?

Yes actually, they can....i have done this many times with some pretty funny results....I put like 52 sidewinders on kegety's Hawk and had fun shooting down antonovs pretending that I was reinacting (spelling?) a scene from Air Force One. tounge_o.gif

One thing it could use is some cluster bombs, big time. Maybe the CBU-87/B, CBU-89, or CBU-97.