Sign in to follow this  
JdB

FlashFX

Let me just be sarcastic for a moment - I would never dream of even thinking about using the ORCS effectpack. That would just suck so much.

Anyway, if I'm gonna implement some of the features of the ORCS effectpack, I'm gonna have to get their permission and all...

Anyway, if it's possible, I'll probably get a couple of effects from them.

@Nemesis, please forget my email, i just found it out for myself. Once again, FlashFx is the best visual improvement i`ve seen for OFP. GREAT WORK smile_o.gif . With a little work, i´ve implemented your cool stuff to Y2K3. I´ve also added some ORCS-Effects and leave some "old" GMR-Explosions. So i have a large variety of special effects and for me, it´s now the best OFP ever.

I don`t think that it is possible to share my config.bin with the community, ´cause i bet that someone would be pissed off for not asking them for "permission". I can´t understand this attitude (for example by some FDF-Members readable in this topic), ´cause all these things are for free and developing together is the idea of a community rock.gif

But maybe it´s to high for a noob`s mind wink_o.gif

Don't worry, Psychonaut, sinility will take care of that right away... Ahh, much better. Now, what were we talking about and who the hell are you?

Anyways, I agree with you on the FDF "mod" 's attitude about this. With all due respect, with an attitude like that, maybe you deserve to be known as "fuckfaces and idiots", as MikkoFin puts it.

About releasing your own config - I made the config in the first place, so if anyone wants to complain, they should direct their complaints to me. ORCS Studios gave people permission to use their effects, so I don't see a problem there.

Was playing in the mod again, maybe you make the cannon impact blast smaller. For like 30mm and below. Nice smoke effect after the impacts and how it fades. But when you have a company level of west choopers with miniguns its gets a little laggy. Air combat went to a whole new level. Most of the old Bis stuff was given a new life with this. Pitty a lot of the tired party stuff didn't get the features. Seems 1.8 I'm having less chopper crack ups as well. dispite having dozens up at a time now even dogfighting usualy mid air crashes are enemy vs enemy units as they straff at eachother till too damage to turn away. Been doing some fairly massive air assault missions where dozens of choppers deply _lot_s of troops in areas on Nogova. Then it gets intersting from that point as all the grunts tangle grunts and helios fight helos and give air support. =)

mostly only really notice a little lag, still think its caused by some of the aircraft, then when choppers are near water a error message pops at the top of the screen. But you still see the rotorwash on the water.

The damage effect maybe needs to be more randomized. So not everyting goes up in a firely, smokey explosion. And allow vehicles to just be knocked out of action like they used to be in earlier releases. Wonder what happend to the default BIS units back when 1.69 came out when you knocked out a vehicle, like a tank the barrle stayed in the postion it was when destroyed then it went back to the other destroyed unit format.

The plane effects are the balls, my only complaint is maybe adding flare scripts to the mod. You get creamed by missiles really easy in combat missions. They are helpess against most everythign that can lauch a missile, I cheat usualy flying about 2 meters above the ground, but you hit trees more. =P

Was paging through the editing areas again and noticed an update to the tailrotor script

Mr Ziggs Tailrotor script

Might be worth updating to, I can get the FX sounds for the choppers.

Saw a flak script as well.

Flak quick scritp

And a four rope repelling script that works pretty neatly even in mp on Editdepot.

I apprecie much this MOD, it is very optimized, and very quite however

accomplished I am very interested by carrying out modifications in the

units of BIS, I would like to replace them by others addons as made

MOD EECP and Y2K3, but while using as bases scripts of the FX, that

will be certainly excellent, I will launch out there, and still thank

you for this very good work, a rival for the ECP xmas_o.gifsmile_o.gif

It would be excellent if you could put the tracerFX script which is on line the output will be of a formidable

quality wink_o.gif

Thanks for the kind words. Once again, if anyone needs help editing, my email address is in the readme.

I've decided that 1.9 will contain mostly optimizations of the effects, as the new ECP will be out soon, so I'm planning to use a bit from that in 2.0, so I don't want to get ahead of myself. Anyway, here's the current list of changes -

* Extra water-splash when planes/any vehicle explodes in the ocean.

* Incorperated the tank barrel muzzleflash effect from the ICP effects pack.

* A multiplayer version of the config - no more complaints from other players about "TACTobjCarry" or whatever, however, this will remove the gun smoke effects. You can choose whether you want to use this or not. If it doesn't annoy the players, you don't have to use it, vice versa.

Here's the full changelog for 1.9

* A big muzzle-flash when tanks fire their main cannon.

* The surroundings are illuminated when a rifle is fired at night. (FlashRAM addon)

* Wrecks on the battlefield have a 50-50 chance of smoking.

* Water splashes generated by objects exploding or crashing in water look better now.

* Ammo-depots generate a BIG explosion.

* The default fuel explosion has been replaced with a more recent one from the ICP effects pack.

* The dustwave positional stuff has been changed - goes along the ground, not relative to the vehicle's X Y and Z axises anymore.

* A multiplayer config

These are the immediate biggest changes, probably lots of little ones that I've forgotten about.

On another topic, I'm also preparing what one might call a unit replacement pack. Nothing fancy, really, just replacing the russian AKs with the RFWP pack ones, replacing the default east soldiers with the ICP replacement, hyakushiki's '85 marines, not really that big of a deal, just a little side project. Although it's just model wise - there is SUCH a big difference when you see an AKM in your resistance soldiers' hands instead of the default AK47CZ, and a better looking replacement for the default AK47.

I gotta do some bug testing, optimizing of the code, etc. I'll go out on a limb here and say that the release will be before the end of the month! (With crossed fingers, of course! ;))

hi,

very nice but you know, one could have worked the 2 on the project of replacement, it's a little upsetting which everyone works separately , but it is not a problem ,well good luck

Sorry but he was working on long before you picked it up on it, this mod, at least I like cause don't have to screw with any of the addons to make anything work or DL any extra crap. He's only moving guns around and infantry units.

Only reason I like the flash fx replacement mod is cause I don't like y2K.. and the other kinda mods like them you need like a machine that can run Doom and HL2 at the same time to make it work right. =P

runs fine on current system hardwards even on my really crappy Voodoo V card seeing my big 128 meg card took dump.

Bobcatt666, i beg to differ on your opinion of Y2K3 mod! It runs ok on lower end systems with the "pe config"

Bobcatt666, i beg to differ on your opinion of Y2K3 mod! It runs ok on lower end systems with the "pe config"

runs ok? rock.gif FPS:1, if you like slideshows only...

Completely forgot -

* Tank shells/grenades will be visable when travelling down range.

Bobcatt666, Action man and Sovietman, this thread is for discussing FlashFX, in here please discuss FlashFX and only FlashFX smile_o.gif

Nemesis im terrible sorry if this already has been asked and its not a feature request, just wondering smile_o.gif

But do you have any plans for the tracers now that there has been a trace config released. Which makes tracers act releastic. I believe there are some people who have trouble with it (CTD's) but perhaps you where working on your own version?

Nevermind i noticed this already has been answered in a different thread biggrin_o.gif

Depends, I'm kind of waiting for a reply from Wolfbane on the subject on some new colors for the tracers, most likely it'll be in the next release...

The gore and the Blood dont work on my HYK units crazy_o.gif the bullets stay the dust etc is ok, but the blood doesn't work HEEEEELP

Well, I've finally got all the major things done. Now I just need to mob up the remaining small things - New readme, bug-hunting, and making that multiplayer config!(just have to remove some stuff from the main config).

Release date of 1.9 - Still before the end of the month.

By the way, some noticeable changes to some existing effects include, but are not limited to -

* New burning/smoking script for metallic debris (ECP one, edited a little)

* New, much more better looking effect(actually two seperate ones now) for either planes crashing, or vehicles destroyed, in the ocean/in water.

Wolfbane's tracers didn't make it into this release.

But on the subject of tracers, along with the visible tank shells in mid air, which is kind of a tracer, kind of... I took the liberty of adding tracers to the Shilka. Looks great.

Anyway, can't wait to get this thing out the door. 1.9 has so many new things.

Yeah that will be very nice...

smile_o.gif

About the tracers, it's very difficult to put the script without to destroy the script of blood sad_o.gif

I'm looking for a method but it sounds very difficult

happy to learn that that will function online wink_o.gif

well good luck

Alright, I've been bug-hunting for a while now, and I think I've gotten all of them - at least the ones which have risen from the changes of course - , I'm finished editing the Readme, and, right now, I'm basicly done editing and tweaking. Right now I gotta compile the config and package the whole thing, and add a multiplayer version of the config. But right now I think I've deserved a break. Besides, I've got some stuff to watch on TV.

Final release date - Tomorrow.

geocities.com/facehugger96/FlashFX1.9.zip

Copy and paste it into your browser. Anyone that can host it, feel more than free to do so!

Blah, finally I can go to----ZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzz