Sign in to follow this  
JdB

FlashFX

Okay: QUESTION!!! the big splash effect for crashing in the water works, but only on AI controled planeS? WHY?

I crashed myself into the water twice with an EAST chopper, and I saw the huge splash on both occassions - though only very briefly, as I was quite dead

I get that too. Not sure what it is. I didn't really look into it.

read the readme....

Quote[/b] ]Download the Marine Assault Pack from the the following link and do the same thing -www.mtco.com/games/downloads/usmc/go.html

tounge_o.gif

EDIT: when i made that quote with that link with http:// in front of it it fucked the bottom of this page up!  rock.gif

Hehe, I didn't notice that. I saw it in the readme but I ignored it. Oops!

as stated above, the TACTEvents error is triggered if you don't have the Marine Assault Pack, or the TACTEvents.pbo file to be exact.

as stated above, the TACTEvents error is triggered if you don't have the Marine Assault Pack, or the TACTEvents.pbo file to be exact.

thanks no he going to work

Great been able to really enjoy a lot of the older bas missions with this mod. And some made using bas helounits. the combras and apaches they offer lack the FX on the little birds and blackhawks.

Picking at Marfys Oh58 units they don't seem to be effected other than by firey explossions.

Well, I've been working pretty hard on one specific feature of 1.8 - The plane damage effect. When the plane gets a curtain ammount of damage, one of the engines will catch fire. It's random which one will catch fire, too. And when the plane gets heavily damaged, both engines will catch fire. In both instances, you will loose fuel. In the latter case, fuel will drain much faster.

So, in short - The changelog for 1.8 is currently as follows -

* Additional ECP explosions/dust config added.

* Plane smoke and engine fire added.

* A compatability fix - If an island isn't detected by the rotorwsh script, dust type will be grassy dust instead of just an error message.

* Water is ripped up under planes flying very low over the ocean.

You know the drill - Suggestions.

How much of a slow down are we going to expect with the "water ripped" effect?

Your doing a great job!!!

I didn't get a slow down at all with water-rippled effect, and it looks quite great ingame. I can't feel the FPS drop, its very slight. (at least for me)

When the plane gets a curtain ammount of damage, one of the engines will catch fire. It's random which one will catch fire, too. And when the plane gets heavily damaged, both engines will catch fire. In both instances, you will loose fuel. In the latter case, fuel will drain much faster.

Beware that this might affect existing missions in unexpected ways.

I'm not so sure force modifying a vehicle's defined damage levels is such a good idea.

It actually is reading the damage levels not changing them and reacts to it. Its already in the game on most addons directly, this only gives the bis default and some thrid party addons the same advantage.

It actually is reading the damage levels not changing them and reacts to it.  Its already in the game on most addons directly, this only gives the bis default and some thrid party addons the same advantage.

Well, it affects fuel levels, which is a separate form of damage.

I've given this fuel thing a lot of thought, of course. It won't take fuel away that fast, but it will consume and/or waste more.

About the ripple effect - I've made my own modified version of the Vitja3000's version. His does indeed lag a bit over water. So mine is a lot less laggy, but not as well-made as his/the original version.

About the fuel-loss - I'll make it slow and gradual, and the plane has to sustain a high ammount of damage. Especially if the plane is flown by the player.

My take on the damage / fuel loss thing is partly to make it realistic, and partly to tell the player, "Hey, that Shilka actually did hit you!", part realism, part phychological effect.

Anyway, I've almost implemented the plane damage feature... Just doing some last minute additions... like adding the positional array for the SU-25! :-/

The plane water ripple feature is implemented now.

So the engine fire and smoke feature has my full attention right now.

Once again, suggestions, please. If you feel like you can contribute to the mod, please do! :-)

F**KING HOORAH!! Can't wait for the update, this mod makes flying a bit more fun and realistic. My suggestion is to find out how to make the chopper crews look around like in the planes. Oddly enough it greatly improved flight performance in the jets and signifcantly decreased mid air crashes. Noticed its a bit better in the helos under the mod than plain OFP. and the mid air collission losses are much lower.

Maybe rapeling implimentation on the default choppers with caargo postions.

http://www.ofpec.com/editors....tart=25

tons of nice ones that work fairly well there , I've tried a few on a lot of the oddball addons even worked in mp games without problems. investigate the features implimented in some of the MI26 addons.

Be nice to tell or request helos land instead of ordering an AI to board and hope you can get on before the AI takes off again.

So suggestions as follows

Some repelling capabilitys implimented for the transport choppers. be nice to repell out of the URn2, Hind, HIP, HOOK, and Hound as well as the AWM helos and Brattys OH58s.

Some of the features implimented in the Mi-26 Halo choppers.

Land, hover, pickup.

AIs ability to look around from the cockpit like it fixed winged aircraft.

The latest AI enhancement scripts, makes em a bit smarter and harder to beat. I have the script if needed.

Engine start up squence for aircraft. Cross between the DKM Havoc and WGLs setup.

Runway taxi scripts from the DKM Havoc seeing most of the helos have tires on them and can do rolling take offs and landings. But only the DKM havoc has it, nice to have ot as an overhead total coverage for the third pary units and bis defaults.

Well, the only thing left to do now is to add the engine positions for the SU-25, add some safeguards, modify the Readme, and zip it up. Note - the changelog only includes the changes that one would immediately notice. There are a lot of small fixes and tweaks, too.

Estimate - A couple days. I like to give myself a little freedom when it comes to deadlines.

Well, the release has been postponed a little as I'm making a config that's compatible, or rather replace the FDF config, thus adding the effects to the mod. Now, bear in mind that since making an FDF version, I'll have to adapt the scripts - The rotorwash, shockdust, explosion dust.

On another subject, I've also made a new explosion effect which the user can use instead of the old one if he/she/it wants to -

Pictures of the new alternative explosion effect.

y7tpreview1.jpg

e8zpreview2.jpg

It is good to hear you are working on an FDF compatible version, that is the one drawback to FDF, this mod doesn't work. The new explosions look incredible, I will most likely use those once the newer version of FlashFX is available. Good job on it smile_o.gif

YES! I am loving you right now nemisis6!!! Although I have to re-dl FDF, It will proly fix some issues I had awhile back. (reinstalling the FDF mod, not flashfx being compatible)

keep up the good work smile_o.gif

btw, those explosions look absolutley priceless smile_o.gif

great, i like the FDF compatibilty thingy ;)

and the new explosions are wonderful biggrin_o.gif

gimme! now! biggrin_o.gif

Well, the FDF config is finished now. Now I gotta get the packaging and readme editing done.

Thats just typical..As soon as i have problems with my FDF Mod you go and make a compatible config..Dam you all to hell. tounge_o.gif

If you aim to please, how do you do manage to hit your target? :P

Anyway, appearently, there are still a couple small things to take care of - I have to manage 5 config files -

- Normal version with the default FlashFX explosions.

- Normal version with the new explosions shown above.

- ECP explosion config

- FDF config with the default FlashFX explosions.

- FDF config with the new explosions.

A tad difficult to say the least, but I think I'll manage. At least I hope so.

Hurraah! Someone finally made a FDFmod compatible config for that

effects pack.Good job! But when do you release it?