Sign in to follow this  
TheLemon

New release date worldwide: Spring 2006?

yeah, disturbing...

maybe they're not sure about how long it will take, if they transfer Xbox crew to OFP2 , OFP for Xbox is just a project eating money , if they release it they have that done , but OFP2 will be delayed...

Maruk!!! did i tell you how fine you look today? biggrin_o.gif

Have a little patience guys...

I think we will know more and have updated sites within christmas (and hey... christmas is only 3 months away!)

BTW; check out this thread over at the OFP2 section at the Codies forums! Thank god people on this forum are a bit more grown up than this guy...  crazy_o.gif

(and yeah...I'm RogueFreak...)

While I agree that the xbox project is a economic rathole on the premise that generally Joe W.(almart) Xbox != mature milsim player/developer/analyst, there are some technical advantages that could come from it.

First off, the comments from Maruk about the Xbox platform constraints requiring them to seriously tighten up stuff could really pay off on the fork back to the PC in OFP2. Secondly, this could be a new market for VBS, considering the application of Full Spectrum Warrior. Just pack up a crate of Xbox's and TV's, ship them anywhere in the world, unpack, and instant on-demand training, no admining neccessary.

We here grumble because we want to poke and fiddle and tweak, and so far we've seen no real hint of being able to do that for Xbox other than a basic mission editor. Gut hunch is that we see a revamped AAE program between now and then for community integration, with an Xbox preprocessor app.

I guess in short, think of the Xbox project as the engine development sandbox. Yeah work on it may push the timeline on OFP2 out a bit, but will help tremendously with technical development.

I guess in short, think of the Xbox project as the engine development sandbox. Yeah work on it may push the timeline on OFP2 out a bit, but will help tremendously with technical development.

I have really hard time to believe that.

1. small amount of xbox ram forces tight coding and possibly dynamic content loading.

2. lower-end CPU forces more off-loading to GPU.

These are engine issues that have been at the core of most of the complaints about OFP. The experience and mindset from the shackles of Xbox development can help if learned right.

You´re right Shin. The technical limitations of Xbox will lead to a more efficient engine but I hope that they don´t just transport it to PC. There is so much more a PC with adequate GFX card can do than the XBox. We´ll have to wait and see. Right now I´m not happy about XBox anyway. The OFP XBox version just takes away time from developing the awaited OFP 2.

It's still irritating when both official sites (main BIS website and the OFP2 news website) still show 'end of 2004' as the release date. We all know by now that it will be 2006 anyways, but is it really that much work to update a bit of text and a few graphics to show the real release date?

Well I guess it´s like that because they would have to insert a blank space where the release date should be biggrin_o.gif

I´m not sure if BIS themselves know when the product will be finished. But I agree, it should be changed. I mean we here know about the delay but people not surfing the official forums may have a hard time searching the stores for OFP 2 during christmas time.

Xbox project is waste of money people, face it.

PS: Read my sign and wish me welcome (plz) when OFP2 is coming up smile_o.gif

Good game, but it's time to move on. Bye for now.

I have to agree that changing the dates on the product pages would be a good idea. As someone stated; people unaware of OFP in general, (hmmm does they exist? tounge_o.gif ) that might happen to find the product pages on the BIS site and don't read the forums are likely to go to their local store and beat up the poor clerk because OFP 2 isn't on the shelves around christmas! (not an totally unlikely scenario...people go bananas and don't have a temper worth diddly doo come christmas shopping mania...).

Why leave the community and make a fuzz about it? Leave and come back, whatever...

(trřndere er noen rare dyr...drikker bare karsk og har bart... tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif ...this should be understandable for colossus at least...)

Stuffing ofp into xbox is as useful as making it to the C64 imo.

We should bann all XBox users from the OFP Forums,

damm XBOX, i dont want to wait so long for OFP2

i will have grey hair by 2006

by the way where can i get DirectX 17.1 crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

@ Sep. 18 2004,13:12)]Stuffing ofp into xbox is as useful as making it to the C64 imo.

Hey, I always wanted a game like this back when I had a C64. Many Xbox users feel the same and at least they have a shot at getting it unlike I did in the 80s.

well of course it's nice to get a decent game for the black box too but it's taking awful lot of time to finish it... and I think not so many people are gonna buy the xBox version anyway cos most people like the "mad games" like "hey I shoot a nuke at you from 2m distance and I don't get a scratch myself". it's not so good business if you wanna make money imo

btw here where I live I'm considered as some kind of a freak of nature cos I play OFP LoL

so my answer to xBox version is yes/no

Concerning the Xbox version;

I've been running a poll some weeks at my site Flashpoint2source on the subject if people will buy it or not. It's only 62 votes, but the results are not that positive...  sad_o.gif

ofpx_poll.jpg

You know, I was actually thinking about buying the console and the game. But considering the uncertain release date for the XBox version and the new OFP2 release date me and my buddies instead packed some cash on top and went for VBS. That'll keep us going - and when OFP2 with all those nifty extras is finally out, we'll be ready for it.

smile_o.gif

I could almost bet my nuts that OFP won´t come to xbox at all, i think they´ll wait for xbox 2 and release the game for that platform...maybe.

When is Xbox2 supposed to come out? I've seen some pics of what it's capable of and it is impressive.

Some say january 2005, others say sometime in 2006...I say "when it's done!"

...no wait, that was George Broussard on DNF... tounge_o.gif

No certain date yet, I would guess 2006 myself.

Fuck!!!!!!. By that time. I'll be in the Australian Army. and nearly finsed the rifleman course sad_o.gif

hehe, same ere except ill be in the British Army

I wonder how much X-box ofp had to do with the delay really? There are a lot of first person shooters coming out over the next 12 months that are really taking it up a notch graphically and for stuff like physics and destructable enviroments.

Hmm

I will still be here when OFP 2 is out, unless I get hit by a truck or die in other ways. You will, too, almost all of you. An excellent game such as OFP 1985 is -very- hard to forget.

We will have to wait a bit longer, but it will pay off in the end. I am sure of it.

As for the Xbox, I don't want to talk about it.