Sign in to follow this  
pogingwapo

ORCS RF Motorized Riflemen

thx avon!

i think it´s my popup blocker then, because there is no small popup window  tounge_o.gif

Very nice addon indeed,

the textures, especially the high res, are absolutely brillant.

One small thing I noticed though. The wrist-joints seem to be off quite a bit anatomically speaking. The hands therefore are not connected to the forearms like they should be.

You can see that clearly in the this picture pic

Notice the guy holding his weapon upright and take a closer look at his wrist.

Other than that the pack is elite looking

Greets

Well, I am not really a member of ORCS. The whole Soviet infantry project started as I was trying my way around Photoshop trying to draw realistic textures. Denorc thought it might be a good idea to make some use out of it. So the project was born. I think it is about time i justified my ModMaker status... tounge_o.gif

Thank you all, guys & girls, we're doing our best. We plan to do some western units, and assist the greatest Vietnam War mod - The Unsung, to finish their 1967 Marine\weapons Pack.

All our units is for North Crisis campaign and now there are some hard work on complete OFP modification. Next addons release will be Alpha Specnaz team (+ some new weaps), and ZIL-131 v. 2.0 Russian Truck Pack. You can see some screens here:

http://www.milledi.nm.ru/tmp/z2.jpg

http://www.milledi.nm.ru/tmp/z1.jpg

http://www.milledi.nm.ru/tmp/zil-131.jpg

http://www.milledi.nm.ru/tmp/zil.jpg

Sorry if i already posted it somewhere, i don't remember.

Thank you all. All that we do - are for community, are for you.

Awesome work guys!!!!!!!!! too bad this is the one week out of the year i am moving and dont have the internet on my computer. I guess I can wait till weds.... prolly not I might have to install ofp on my gf's computer, i wonder if that will anger her?rock.gif LOL Well awesome work AGAIN ORCS keep it up dudes. No worries I will be back and runnign in a few days.

You guys planning to throw in a campaign?

Keep suprising me bikecop,out

People were crying like babies when BAS went "tango-uniform" and called it quits. Mod groups like ORCS make me truely believe OFP will be just fine biggrin_o.gif great work on another quality addon guys

oh yes believe me orcs is far byond any addon team in making quality addons and making them fast. I never lost hope in ofp ONLY becasue of ORCS. God damn i cant wait to get these on my computer.

Awesome work guys i really love all your work, but this is superb smile_o.gif go on and thanks for this superb pack

Everything is great, but good god, change the values on the RPG-16. Other than that these are wonderful.

Are these balanced so they can be used with other units? I would like to use them against BOH,FDF,HYK,MAP,BAS, and UKF DPM pack troops. I figure what's the point of great looking units if they can't be used with anything but themselves?

And Pappy your example about you being able to take out two or 3 squads is irrevelant. I'm talking about AI vs AI. I like to create larger combined arms type battles. Sure I can sgt York until the cows come home, though I like to watch the AI battle each other in a believible fashion.

Basically I'm just wondering are these like ORCS VDV pack, IE beautiful and well detailed but worthless for actuall mission making? Hopefully they are balanced because they look great, (like ORCS stuff always does).

Well I just tried them and set up a test to see if the were balanced. It frustrates me to say, but mission failed. They look freaking awsome but they are unplayable. They engage at way farther range than any one elses addons, thus they are worthless.

Models: 10

Textures: 9

Playability and balance: 0

It's their addon they can do what they want. I will not turn this into a inmature "you suck BAS gimme my damn seals!" like some. I will simply ask, why do you guys (un)balance your troops this way? Like I said, your addon do what ever you want, I'm just curious.

**Balance them yourself, or dont use em, but dont say they are worthless, maybe there are other reasons why you find them so hard to use..**

But that aside...

ORCS YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin_o.gif

Well I just tried them and set up a test to see if the were balanced. It frustrates me to say, but mission failed. They look freaking awsome but they are unplayable. They engage at way farther range than any one elses addons, thus they are worthless.

Models: 10

Textures: 9

Playability and balance: 0

that can be fixed, IMO not a good reason to give a 0 on playability. btw, did anyone notice that the sniper is missing a shadow or am I going blind?

odd why dont you just put Laser's rangers on the map?

The balance pack by ORCS to take on the VDV dudes but were then re-released by by the US army mod@war download

This was bikecop272 and I approved this message.

Great Work ORCS,

I particularly like the SSh-68 helmets and new ammo pouches that look top notch and super realistic!  

At the same time, there are a couple of things that you guys might want to address in your future updates:

- Your motor-rifle men are using the RD-54 rucksacks that were only issued to VDV and other elite units.  This has already ben discussed in this thread: RD-54 Discussion

-The Splav pouches that you use on some troops are way to rare/expensive to be used by regular motor-rifle units.  Besides, AFAIK Splav is an exclusively MVD supplier. Here is their link, in case you don't know what I'm talking about:

Splav Pouches

- Bullet-proof vests are standard issue for motor-rifle troops, you might consider adding them to your models...

- While PK/PKM can be fed by a 200 round belt box, it is way too heavy to be used in the light machine gun role.  Normally, the light machine gunners would use the 100 round box, while 200/250 round boxes are used by static MGs (PKMS).

- RPG-16 was never issued to motor-rifle troops; it was intended for VDV, but was retired in 1980s because its rockets were under-powered compared to PG-7VL on RPG-7s.  Nedless to say, it never had a tandem warhead like the one that you gave it.   I know that you are working on an RPG pack, so hopefully this would be addressed as well...

Other than that, great work and I am looking forward to your next release!

Peace,

DreDay

Quote[/b] ]Balance them yourself, or dont use em, but dont say they are worthless, maybe there are other reasons why you find them so hard to use

All I know is the FDF, CSLA ,BAS, BOH, HYK, PUKF, Edge, and MAP units play together well. ORCS doesn't play well with any of them. What are we supposed to use them with? Sure ORCS could make some West troops with the same stats, but I would also like to use them with the rest of the community made troops as well.

I just think it would be much more easier and logical for ORCS to balance their units than ask FDF,CSLA; MAP, BAS, PUKF, EDGE, BOH, and HYK to rebalance their units to ORCS.

Quote[/b] ]Balance them yourself

Ok how? I tried in the past with their beautiful VDV units but could not get them down to mortal standards. What do you change to make the engage at the same range as every single other addon in the community? Becaues seriously I really want to use these units. As it is now though, there is absolutely no way I can use them fairly with any of the addons I have now.

Ok maybe I didnt get through...

USE LASER'S UNITS...You got rangers,and deltas! poof!

Quote[/b] ]USE LASER'S UNITS...You got rangers,and deltas! poof!

So that's it then. Darn I was looking forward to some project UK forces DPM troop battles and maybe some battle over Hokkaido and FDF. Darn just deltas and rangers, oh well.