Sign in to follow this  
pogingwapo

ORCS RF Motorized Riflemen

ok how do you change weapons for yourself not just vehicles with scripts?

Hi, I've found some bugs in your Infantry Pack, more precisely, in the Weapons Pack. It is a problem with weapons that use a scope : ValPso, AK74mpso, Vss. -exept the SVD, it is ok.

When you fire with these weapons, the bullets don't follow the trajectory indicated by the scope. On the Ak-74m, they go a little bellow-left of the summit of the first echelon(bug present in v2.0). As for the Val and the Vss, the bullets go way above the target(bug introduced in v2.5).

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you for your time, and for this great pack, Awesome work guys!

Great addon!! But can we have the old option of putting helmets back on? They look so good with helmets on. biggrin_o.gif

Hi, I've found some bugs in your Infantry Pack, more precisely, in the Weapons Pack. It is a problem with weapons that use a scope : ValPso, AK74mpso, Vss. -exept the SVD, it is ok.

When you fire with these weapons, the bullets don't follow the trajectory indicated by the scope. On the Ak-74m, they go a little bellow-left of the summit of the first echelon(bug present in v2.0). As for the Val and the Vss, the bullets go way above the target(bug introduced in v2.5).

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you for your time, and for this great pack, Awesome work guys!

My guess is that those weapons are zeroed at something like 300-400 meters, and you are firing at targets that are closer than that, hence bullets hitting above the target.

you could change it in the config, by editing these numbers:

distanceZoomMin=100;

distanceZoomMax=100;

Right now the scope/weapon is zeroed at 100 meters.

hope that helps.

have a good one.

hehheh you said helmet biggrin_o.gif

I always liked that option. I agree the scopes are alittle off

There is also a LOD bug. Try looking at the soldiers' knees from a few steps away.

Actually, thats how Russian knees really look from a few steps a way.

invisable?

did the russians aquire some kinda cloacking device for only thier knees that we dont know about? tounge_o.gif

So...is the cammie issue going to be fixed? Looks downright stupid having all the machinegunners & AT/AA guys running around in green cammies, while all the infantry/grenadiers are in brown cammies. Can you say bullseye any louder?

At least add one plain soldier in each cammie pattern with a simple "name" like "soldier" so we can equip them ourselves and choose how the squad will look.

I dont know its seems to be working well in chechnya.

And you need to check out the latest version.

I've got the 1.1 version.

You're honestly telling me that in Chechnya riflemen have one set of cammies, and mg gunners and rpg grenadiers have a different set??

I can understand having mixed cammies in a platoon, but the breakdown in *this* pack by light/heavy weapons is too much to stomach.

If it can't be randomized (one rifleman green, one rifleman brown, etc...) then the pack should either have two sets of "classes" in both patterns, or a generalized "class" which can be equipped by the mission maker.

Yes I can make my own custom config, but something this obvious should be rectified with a patch, IMO.

I sat down this afternoon to make Rus MI versions of some of my Russian missions, but encountered this instead. Think I'll stick with the MAP Naval Infantry and ORC VDV guys for now.

Having different sets of camoflauge confuses the enemy.

If you look back to WW2 the ships were grey then grey and dark grey and it goes all together and confuses the enemy to the point of not being seen.

Camoflauge works like that.

I seem to see a lot of pics where there are different camo outfits on Russians.

_615781_shells300.jpg

_576526_tanktop300.jpg

_576526_wounded.jpg

mdf43609.jpg

mdf45892.jpg

capt.russia_chechnya_4g9.jpg

Seems more realistic.

Having different sets of camoflauge confuses the enemy.

I was going to say that. biggrin_o.gif

You kill your eyes adjusting to one pattern and along comes Arkady with a completely different one!

Bikecop, I'm pretty sure I understand how cammies work. smile_o.gif

The point is that no one is silly enough to make specific weapon gunners, within the *same* unit, stand out further by giving them a different uniform.

Four rifleman in two different patterns, yes. But all riflemen in one pattern, and all machine gunners in a different pattern (not just pattern but different color too) is not real swift.

Makes it real easy to fight against: "priority targets are green, secondary are brown."

If the two cammies are *really* issued based on the weapon carried, I'll be stunned. My understanding was that is was an economic/logistic failure, not a razzle-dazzle super camoflauge program to make support gunners stand out from the more numerous rifleman. smile_o.gif

To clarify:

Rifleman (Ak-74) - Brown

Rifleman (AKM) - Brown

Grenadier (Ak74) - Brown

Grenadier (AKMS - Brown

Radioman - Brown

Officer - Brown

AA Gunner - Green

AT Gunner - Green

MG Gunner - Green

AutoRifleman - Green

This breakdown is what needs to be addressed. You really don't want every missileman and machinegunner standing out so much from the more numerous riflemen.

Or you could just use removeAllWeapons this; this addWeapon..... on a regular soldier so he carrys a MG or whatever. crazy_o.gif

The way it is also have advantages in mp when you are trying to locate a specific person/weaponsystem in your squad. Telling who is who by face and body posture don't work to well in Flashpoint. wink_o.gif

As much as I like and love ORCS work I have to agree with Kammak, the problem can't be solved by changing weapons, because the RPG grenadier model wouldn't do too well as a rifleman, for example. ORCS made different models.

@CERO.

Good point Kammak, i did not thought about that.

Well, i can see more clearly the problem with some soldiers roles having a different and specific color that will made them "pop up" in the middle of the other soldier .

A player in an armored vehicle will then always target first every guys in green , ignoring any guys in brown as he will know that AT-capable soldiers are in green.

The only workaround i have for my personnal BIS replacement units is to use the same model (and so camo color) for each east infantry soldier (or the solution from Jotte for people that does not replace BIS units).

Ah, if it was possible to randomize the camo color between the green and the brown pattern, that should be perfect, as it would negate the armored vehicle easy target selection but is this possible with a trigger/script ? (i am thinking about the setobjectexture command , but i am not advanced enough in the editor to know if it is really possible).