Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

COMBAT! HEMMT Pack Public Beta

I've got a problem. I've downloaded HEMMT, M113 and M2A1 from Combat! site. Every think looks cool, except one thing: HEMMTs and M113s does have any ammo sad_o.gif

In readme I can't see any info about extra addons responsible for working M2 ;(

@Lenin

Put all Combat! addons in one mod folder. Make sure that you have newest version of CTB_Misc.pbo.

@Lenin

Put all Combat! addons in one mod folder. Make sure that you have newest version of CTB_Misc.pbo.

Yes, the newest being the one that comes with M113 or the HEMMT and not the one on the Bradley pack smile_o.gif .

Yes, the newest being the one that comes with M113 or the HEMMT and not the one on the Bradley pack smile_o.gif .

Thx Heatseeker.

AHA big trucks !! my favorite vehicles and these are great, sorry they're more than great they are the dogs (you know whats).

Raw power and looks (just like me LOL).

I have a bit of a dilema here now, do i use the HEMMT or the MAN 10T from M.M.P (another large gorgeous truck) ?

Sorry i have got myself all excited now  wow_o.gif

Well done COMBAT team.

PH

Overall I must say that you guys did an excellent job.

My old Reserve unit had HEMMTs and the engine sound indeed does sound like these. When I tried these addons out, the sound of the engine really jogged my memory. LOL!

The cabin layout is also very accurate as it looks very much how I remember it.

As for the M2, I've fired it before but I'm embarassed to say that I don't remember whether it had recoil or not, but I seem to remember that the barrel did recoil and that there is something mentioned in the FM manual about that. The only thing I remember is having to set the header spacing and timing on the barrels which is a bitch to do.

At any rate the rest of the textures on this addon look fantastic I think.

Ok but now for the gripes.

The main one is the gunner position. The gunners sitting on their turrets in those pics you posted were not in HEMMTs and furthermore had the M2's at eye level so that they could still actually aim from their position.

The manner in which this gunner is firing his M2 on this addon however is highly unrealistic. It's possible that a few stupid soldiers fire it that way, but if I saw one of the soldiers in my squad doing that I would have chewed his ass out. One of the M2's primary strengths is its great accuracy. But even for close range defense that position would be very difficult to hit anything with even using tracer rounds.

I hope that you PLEASE PLEASE move the gunner to a normal standing position when he's firing the M2. At least make seperate models with that option as the current firing position is highly unrealistic. The only time such a position might be acceptable is in terrain with a large number of landmines. Against IED's in Iraq it wouldn't help much as typically IED's are detonated to the side of the vehicle and anyone sitting on top of a vehicle would likely die...although on an unarmored HEMMT, those inside would likely die anyways.

Anyhoo.... I hope you consider putting the gunner back into the normal standing position.

The other thing I didn't like about this addon is the steering. At very low speed yes it turns beautifully. No problem. But as soon as you accelerate even a little bit, its like the steering wheel gets locked down. I don't know if this is a game engine issue or what, but if the HEMMT's steering could be improved even a little bit at higher speeds that would be fantastic.

Aside from those things, so far I think this is an outstanding addon. I definitely hope you guys make a wrecker version as a repair truck.... and maybe just for fun, one of those Special Forces versions with a M2 or Mk19 mount in the cargo area and benches inside.

Keep up the fantastic work COMBAT team!!! I can't wait for the final version of this addon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Great job Combat team.

@ Miles Teg:

Try writing this into init field of the truck:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setrepaircargo 1

I used that on MMP's Unimog's all the time and it worked as a repair vehicle.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setrepaircargo 1

I used that on MMP's Unimog's all the time and it worked as a repair vehicle.

Why that?

There is a repair unimog included in the pack.

MfG Lee rock.gif

Doh, silly me.

I meant the GL series, which from the beggining had only a 5-tonner, a 7-tonner and a medic truck.

I used that on the 7-tonner.

It wasn't in the first release (which I believe he's talking about) IIRC.

Ain't D/l'd them yet <not home> but one question,

Did ya put the crane on the back? or did they remove that from later versions? <I got out as they were entering service, all I know about them is the tankers rolled easy and were a PIA to recover>

Ain't D/l'd them yet <not home> but one question,

Did ya put the crane on the back? or did they remove that from later versions? <I got out as they were entering service, all I know about them is the tankers rolled easy and were a PIA to recover>

yes the loading crane is on the back

Just a note, due to the updated M113 and Bradleys, You may get a one time error message in MP when m113's or Bradleys are used with them that that just says error. It is harmless and will be fixed in the next HEMMT Beta release.

I noticed this on the HEMMT's and on many other vehicles:

HEMMTbug.jpg

You can see straight through the Hemmt parked on the left side of this one. I am not sure if it is an engine limitation or if it is fixable or not.

Try writing this into init field of the truck:

I tried this and got no option to repair. sad_o.gif

Any thoughts?

Cap.

@ L.H Oswald

Yes there wasn't a repair truck in the first releases

@ c4p741n

Dunno what's wrong, this command is in the comm. reference-I was using 1.91 at the time, but thats probably not the case.

You can see straight through the Hemmt parked on the left side of this one. I am not sure if it is an engine limitation or if it is fixable or not.

It's an engine problem and isn't solvable AFIAK. You'll see it on BIS units and even glassess (I once noticed that I could see the scenerey passing by the M113 by looking into another passenger's glasses.)

@Combat Mod:

Great work as usual. You guys are in a release frenzy lately. I'm looking forward to anything the future may bring.

This will be fixed in the next HEMMT beta. It's a face order issue.

Oh one small bug I found (I'm don't remember if it was mentioned in the readme) is that the tracer rounds don't come out of the barrel of the M2, but rather they seem to come from somewhere in the middle of the HEMMT. I'm guessing just a stray memory point somewhere.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@Miles Teg

is the bug on all the HEMMT's ?

Yeah I had this bug on the desert version. Its especially noticable from the gunner view. The tracers appear to be coming from off to the side a behind the gunner rather then from the end of the barrel of the M2.... and yes I have all the appropriate and updated files in my mod folder.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

oooh looking good.

but why is the gunner sittin up there... is he tired of life? biggrin_o.gif

any way, looking forward for full version too

blues.gif

Most truck gunners prefer to sit on top. Here is just one example.

gwar3.jpg

I was just looking some photos from Afghanistan and I noticed that they sit like that on jeeps, too. biggrin_o.gif Check out this site:

http://www.gungrabber.com/Afgh.htm

Afghanistan_1561.jpgrock.gif

@ Norris

As we read the description on the page, it seems that the guy is only posing for photo and he probably doesn't serve on this vehicle.

Another thing is that this clearly seems to be a vehicle for fast ride on a poor terrain. Sitting like that you will soonly kiss the mud. If it were designed for a such firing pose, there would be a seat :>