Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

COMBAT! HEMMT Pack Public Beta

Really great looking addon here smile_o.gif

It would also be sweet if you added a vehicle carrying version, as mentioned before, so that you it can carry M113s and HMMWVs and such, that could be possible with scripts similar to BAS's Chinook (a normal cargo spot is there, filled by an invisible guy, when you place a jeep in the cargo, the invisible guy is deleted, and a man class jeep is placed in cargo in it's place)

neat ones i must say !

again, a great addon from combat!-team!!! biggrin_o.gif

you will make us forget that there will not come new addons from BAS. tounge_o.gif

IRL, those diesels do have a very high pitched sound. I've had the privledge of working on, and riding in USAF HEMMTs.

Well, a more pleasant sound loop would be great... this one's hard on the ears... crazy_o.gif

FerretFangs, would it be too inaccurate to put in the MAN sounds with permission? They have a much nicer sound to it, and not too low either...

Fantastic work guys, as with the other packs, top notch.

A few things I've noticed:

* Driver view - might be best to actually model the dash, rather than texture it, that or use a higher res texture. At the moment the alpha is very blocky.

* M2 - Nicely done, the flash needs its face properties set to shining, and the recoil removed. Nice effect as it is, M2's simply dont recoil like that, if anything, its the whole gun bouncing around in the mounts, but they're fixed pretty solidly to the chassis, and dont recoil much, if at all.

Otherwise, they're looking real good. If you want help with a proxy-cargo system (for dynamic loads, like the MH-47) drop me a pm, and I'll be happy to help smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]FerretFangs, would it be too inaccurate to put in the MAN sounds with permission? They have a much nicer sound to it, and not too low either...

Well, I'll have to refer you to Rudedog, it's his addon. I'm only saying that's how HEMTT's sound IRL. Not too sure about a MAN, as I havn't actually heard one. I know that MAN diesels are entirely different powerplants than the two-stroke, 450hp 2100rpm diesels used in the HEMTTs. Keep in mind Europe's emission standards are very different than US military standards, and that would certainly have an impact on engine construction, and the sounds an engine produces.

* M2 - Nicely done, the flash needs its face properties set to shining, and the recoil removed. Nice effect as it is, M2's simply dont recoil like that, if anything, its the whole gun bouncing around in the mounts, but they're fixed pretty solidly to the chassis, and dont recoil much, if at all.

That's funny,before I had all my Army fellas complaining that the M2 needed a barrel recoil of about 1 - 1/12 inches.

Quote[/b] ]If you want help with a proxy-cargo system (for dynamic loads, like the MH-47) drop me a pm, and I'll be happy to help smile_o.gif

That would be great.  PMing now!

That's funny,before I had all my Army fellas complaining that the M2 needed a barrel recoil of about 1 - 1/12 inches.

Thats still a lot less than it does at the moment tounge_o.gif

And it just dont seem natural having the barrel jumping back and fourth within the outer casing...

More or less, few ideas about the cargo:

a) Covered versions should have the back covered too (so that you can't look inside). That way it will not be said if the vehicle has cargo or has not (using vehicle that is always empty.. is... wierd)

b) Uncovered version may have a nice feature: model few different cargos, all with different selection, then it will be possible to change the cargo via script interface (like... [this, <number>] exec "setcargo"), where <number> goes to exact cargo, like:

1: crates 1

2: crates 2

3: pipes (http://www.cybercomm.nl/~oorthuis/Images/Tanks/M985_cargo.gif)

4: weird shape (humvee) hidden under material dust-cover

5: another weird shape (chopper) hidden under material dust-cover

(thanx to cover, you only model cover and save polys)

6: barrels

7: cable (few big spools)

8: something else (http://home.arcor.de/hlmodelle/Militaer/HEMMT/M977_HEMMT_mit_TA-2.jpg)

and so on. That way, player will be able to combine a cargo transport which carries a variety of things - and looks naturally (and moreover, does not take much space in editor, only one vehicle per each camo).

If you want any more cargo examples or want me to clear these I wrote here - you know how to find me :]

c) You may also add a "high" covered cargo version, it looks great:

http://home.arcor.de/hlmodelle/Militaer/HEMMT/M977_HEMMT-11.jpg

That's for my ideas :]

You guys just keep bringing the hit!! biggrin_o.gif GREAT JOB on another GREAT addon..can't wait to see the final verison

Great addons as always. I love your NATO camo; i consideer it the best made here around! The script to carry humvees, crates... would rocks!!

P.D: Are you planning to release a cab version with Patriot launcher?

THis addon ROCS! Ive been hoping fpor some Hemmts for so long. Would like to see a wrecker version with repair capabilities.

About Use: In my opinion just because it doesnt carry troops doesnt mean its a pointless addon. Seeing these trucks in missions help add atmosphere for me. I dont know about everyone else.

OHH! and also I dont know if any crew are planned but a mechanic driver would be awesome. I was a mechanic in the 3rd ACR and we always prefered wearing our coveralls instead of BDUs in the field.

EXAMPLE:

mechanic

and in this one the guy on far left is in his coveralls:

mechanic2

Thats still a lot less than it does at the moment tounge_o.gif

And it just dont seem natural having the barrel jumping back and fourth within the outer casing...

The M2 is recoil operated. The barrel should recoil inside the sleeve.

im so happy you all liked it smile_o.gif

and now you guys are going to make me work harder now on my next addon wink_o.gif

What is your next addon? rock.gif

edit: I ask because COMBAT! addons rock! smile_o.gif

What is your next addon? rock.gif

edit: I ask because COMBAT! addons rock! smile_o.gif

sorry mate no, l8er on wink_o.gif

my next addon is the M1000 HETS wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

excellent stuff smile_o.gif

the only "bugs" i found is that the explosion scripts and smoke lag a lot, i ambushed a convoy of 3 of these trucks and my fps went down to 9 for a while when they exploded.

Also, no ironsights in the M2 means that its useless for ppl who play OFP with crosshairs off...and nowadays i can also think of a lot of servers that dont use crosshairs (much better IMO)

Indeed, i believe the cross hair thingy also applies to the M113 but not the Bradleys (i use no crosshair). Still yet another high quality addon, looks very good so far smile_o.gif .

Nice. I just hope that you config the final version so that the desert trucks have desert crewmen (I'm lazy tounge_o.gif ).

Quote[/b] ]my next addon is the M1000 HETS

wow_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Excellent work guys!

See you're doing some more variants in the next version, have you considered doing the modified SF type HEMMT used in Iraq?

Sort of like this, if you manage to see through all the kit biggrin_o.gif:

smile_o.gif

Doesn't look like a HEMMT, but still really nice:

wink_o.gif

Trying out the HEMMTs momentarily; very nice looking, as usual.

Indeed, i believe the cross hair thingy also applies to the M113 but not the Bradleys (i use no crosshair). Still yet another high quality addon, looks very good so far smile_o.gif .

applies to M113, JeepMG, and any other vehical mounted weapon. wink_o.gif

the trucks are very nice guys. . .they look great as supply vehicals for Y2K3 smile_o.gif wonderful job

applies to M113, JeepMG, and any other vehical mounted weapon.  wink_o.gif

the trucks are very nice guys. . .they look great as supply vehicals for Y2K3  smile_o.gif  wonderful job

there is the bis pbr boat which has an already made ironsight begging to be used tounge_o.gif

Ironically I was just watching the History Channel, and they were talking about the M2, and in some of the close up views it obivously recoils and I'm pretty sure that Combat! got it right. The recoil also looks pretty sweet on that four M-2 AA Half-Track thing.