Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

COMBAT! HEMMT Pack Public Beta

For one, that guy is not sitting up there firing that weapon in combat. If he was trying to shoot and trying not be a target, he'd handle that weapon from inside the vehicle.

Secondly, he's Air Force. Not Air Force special operations, just..... Air Force. These guys are there to help get Mazar-e-Sharif's airport in a condition to make it useable for military operations. I wouldn't hardly expect him to know the dangerous end of an M2, from the safe end. Now, before anyone gets their nuts in a vice over these comments, I should let you know: I was an Air Force brat for twenty years. My wife, and brother and all out friends are active duty Air Force, and so you might correctly surmise that I know what I'm talking about when I say that guy is just posing for a picture on an cool Army vehicle.

As to gunners sitting like that in the pic above...... dunno. But it just looks.... wrong. crazy_o.gif 'Course they're, you know..... Army. And that's about all I can say about that. tounge_o.gif

As we read the description on the page, it seems that the guy is only posing for photo and he probably doesn't serve on this vehicle.

Another thing is that this clearly seems to be a vehicle for fast ride on a poor terrain. Sitting like that you will soonly kiss the mud. If it were designed for a such firing pose, there would be a seat :>

True, he would surely be uncomfortable, LOL! biggrin_o.gif The only good part of sitting like that would probably be the ability to instantly jump off if needed. And if he got killed, he'd just fall off (wouldn't stay slumped over the gun), making the way free for the next poor bastard to catch a Taliban bullet. biggrin_o.gif