Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Very Important Announcement from BAS

Quote[/b] ]I just realized.

I've been fired.

Well at least they didnt use SMS to tell you smile_o.gif

Hmm really...no SEALs that were looking done 2 years ago, no Littlebirds that you so hyped, no Landrovers seen over a year ago, no finished Tonal...Tonal was and still is the best BAS addon, but feels more like a beta, sadly. I don't get it. A very unworthy end of BAS, in my opinion.

I guess this ends the "IS BAS DEAD!??1111" threads.

drove my chevy to the levey but the levey was dry, singing this is the day that the BAS died sad_o.gif (temporarily)

it was bound to happen sooner or later. but at least they wil be around for OFP2

and hey now we have a chance to finnaly play with the addons instead of vulture the forums waiting for the next one.

Well, not really a big suprize, is it? I suspected something like this was about to happen, but I'm glad the news is out.

A strange decision is not to release the long awaited Littlebird update. This was supposed to be released a long ago, but never was. I only hope that TOW's will be just as good. The desert vehicle pack is another addon that looked promising, but thank god for the COMBAT! mod which will hopefully jump up to fill the gap.

I'm looking forward to the Tonali SF pack, which looks good.

I regret that BAS made this decision, but perhaps it's better this way. I hope that the BAS team, in the future, will rize from the ashes of OFP1 to bring us addons for OFP2.

iwojima.gif

From the ashes of SEB and TJP came BAS, a legendary addon team which is now KIA (sort of anyway) sad_o.gif

I will always remember legendary addons like the SEB delta's, SEB Nam Pack2, TJP helicopter reskins, Deadmeat's Blackhawk with minigun and (of course) all the BAS addons.

I salute you,

Cpt. FrostBite

Kmarns Mod

I thought Tonal was awesome.

I guess I'll have to do the updates to the rebel and government armour myself.

crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

TS, about the updated LittleBirds, why can't they be released? Aren't they pretty much ready? rock.gif

As much as I hope TOW's LBs are great, updated BAS LBs should be playable in all the missions that have already been produced that use them.

Hmm really...no SEALs that were looking done 2 years ago, no Littlebirds that you so hyped, no Landrovers seen over a year ago, no finished Tonal...

There's huge difference between "good enough for taking screenshot" and "good enough for actually being playable". Making model and getting it ingame for a few screenshots is the easiest part.

you know if it's minor config adjustments and script tweaks for the LB's and/or landrover id be more then happy to give it a shot on tweaking them to Release Candidate (RC) status.

but thier descision is up to them.

the next installer of Y2K3 will bring the same results (last update, end of story) because once you go to all the trouble of making the mod for everyone else's enjoyment you miss out on the oppertunity to actualy enjoy it yourself. and thats the hardest part of modding is seeing everyone enjoying your addons, and your too busy to try and keep up with the requests

Just to clear up any speculation before things get out of hand.

SEALS

=====

I have already made comments about the future of them. Quite frankly, we found the limitations of the OFP engine preventing us from doing what we really wanted to achieve with the SEALS. As such we are hoping OFP2 will provide a better platform for these units.

After being criticised constantly for "repackaging" we simply did not want to make SEALS that were basically different looking Ranger/Delta addons. We truly wanted to differentiate them as unique Spec Ops units but felt frustrated by not being able to our satisfaction using the current engine.

Littlebirds

=======

Yes...they look finished. But as we have learnt time and time again, the community can be brutally punishing when the slightest problems surface. The LB's physically are complete however the scripting that gave them their unique abilities and new functionality was not giving satisfactory MP results. The code needs tweaking and due to real world contraints the coders of these units have very little time. As a result, the future of them are unclear in OFP1.

There is no malice in these decisions. However, please keep in mind that work on these is ours and we have the right to decide what we will and will not release for own reasons. Be they wrong or right reasons in your opinion we have, at the very least, earnt the right to decide on the future of the units we have built.

It has been a rocky road building addons for the community and for the most part, on the whole, BAS feels like it has been a pleasurable experience.

Let's help this announcement and our departure end on a high note.

Well, it doesnt surprise me, infact i think its rather cool that some of you guys are getting payed for your hard work, your talent will surelly be missed but anyway a HUUUUGE thank you for all the addons and i hope you guys return to us if OPF2 gets constant delays, once again thank you Ballistic Addon Studio smile_o.gif .

sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Well atleast we have an idea of the date of their next addon release... OFP2

Ah well.

The Greeks did it.. The Romans did it.. Wait, this is a mod, not a civilization crazy_o.gif

Sad to see ya go, BAS.

The desert pack looked good, the speculation about the SEALs was amazing, the littlebirds new feature was stunning, what more can I say.

Hope to see you when OFP2 arrives!

Good luck. Out.

Well atleast we have an idea of the date of their next addon release... OFP2

maybe some vbs addons for a lil change in fashion rock.gif

--

anyway, thanks bas for all the excellent addons.

i always enjoy playing with them and that´s what counts more than anything else smile_o.gif

"Be Thankful for What You Have, and Not Mourn What You Cannot Receive"

valuable words of wisdom devised to help me to get over the recent death of a close family member that can pertain to the BAS mod and its users.

as i am thankful for the time spent with, and the lessons learned from my grandfather, rather then mourn the time that cant be spent anymore; you can be thankful for the addons and quality scripts received from BAS instead of mourning the adodns that were still "work in progress".

*sigh*

egh.. so I have to wait for OFP2 until you fix the readme file of those Delta/Rangers rock.gif

-_-

Joe

*sigh*

egh.. so I have to wait for OFP2 until you fix the readme file of those Delta/Rangers rock.gif

-_-

Joe

And people wonder why we are leaving....

*sigh*

-_-

Joe

And people wonder why we are leaving....

No TigerShark_BAS

You leave because you choose to. Your choice may be difficult to understand but that is life.

I fear that if you let go of it today, you will not be able to comeback to it for the release of OFP2.

Why, because poeple tend to grow new responsibilities.

Don't hate me for what I say, but

I doubt you'll ever come back to this. That is also life. I've seen it.

See u around BAS.

I don't give up on U. Don't give up on us.

Cheers BAS - you're one in a million. Thanks for:

Littlebirds (Still the scout/explorer's ride of choice)

MH47E, its awesome cargo scripting and ability to snipe from the back ramp.

Blackhawks with the fast rope, insertion/extraction, map display etc.

JAM & AI smoke grenades

Deltas & Rangers

KLR250

Tonal & OPFOR

Russian OPFOR

Pavehawks

All the best,

Cornhelium

very sad news indeed

Thank you for the great work you have done.

We can hope that BAS will return to OFP addons after the release of OFP 2, but I personally do not believe this to come true.

thank you BAS

I hate to see the BAS team cease their work on OFP1, but I also understand you wish to concentrate on OFP2 and probably VBS. Getting a jump start on OFP2 developement will only mean we will have less time to wait for your stuff after we buy the game. And you have already given the community so many great addons, I think we are all very greatful for them.

I wish you all good luck on your next projects, and hope to see more of your work in the future. I have made it a rule of thumb to download anything BAS, as they are in my opinion The Best addons available in regards to being modern and realistic, and the fact that they include options many of us dreamed of for so long. And I will continue to support you guys upon release of OFP2.

Take care, keep up the excellent work, and I'll be looking forward to seeing what new toys you make for us with the release of OFP2.

Thanks alot BAS for the work you've done for this community, and hope to see you back for OFP2 smile_o.gif

THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL THE LONG HOURS OF WORK YOU PUT IN (FOR NO $$) TO MAKE OFP SO MUCH BETTER wow_o.gif

You do affirm that all the testimony you are about to give in the case now before speedydonkey will be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth; this you do affirm under the pains and penalties of perjury? ;o)

Planning for ofp2 Addons? Good luck. And thanks for everything!

gg  smile_o.gif