Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish Defence Forces Modification 1.3

I seem to be missing all internal vehicle sounds, except for the police sirene?

Voices missing too rock.gif Hmm odd.

I had that happen to me aswell, all sounds except the "medic cry" weren't functioning. I restarted the game and the computer and suddenly they were all working again.

One more bug... fdf_uzi.p3d is missing

Yep,same here on uzi,don't work.

Otherwise excellent work my fellow countrymen smile_o.gif

Crap,me dork!,must read thread though first,then post reply...

Thanks biggrin_o.gif

thank you FDF, i cant find anyone else that has change this game and layed so many grounds on what you can do in ofp. its almost amazing to see FDF in action.     thank you!  

keep up the excellent work!

(jag trodde aldrig att jag som svensk skulle tacka ett gäng finnar smile_o.gif  )

/RaptoR

(jag trodde aldrig att jag som svensk skulle tacka ett gäng finnar smile_o.gif  )

And I wonder how Swedes can enjoy of this mod.  biggrin_o.gif

How would I get the exploding bodies function from Y2k3  to work on this mod?

Finns don't explode.. I guess you should ask Pappy

How would I get the exploding bodies function from Y2k3  to work on this mod?

Finns don't explode.. I guess you should ask Pappy

They do if they drink all their Molotovs then get shot ghostface.gif

hum i think i mistakely delete the old fdf_w12.pbo

and i cant find back the old 1.2.......

somebody plz help me sad_o.gif

hum i think i mistakely delete the old fdf_w12.pbo

and i cant find back the old 1.2.......

somebody plz help me sad_o.gif

You don't need anything from 1.2 in order to play 1.3.

yeah problem fixed, man i am dumb enought not to figure out such a damn easy way to fix the problem tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifsad_o.gif

I don't know whether this bug is already known, but....

FDFBug.jpg

Otherwise keep up the great work. Though most of the missions in the FDF campaign didn't end, so I had to use the endmission cheat too often. sad_o.gif

Same here, i have a 9800 pro and the parachutes work fine.

AIs use it, they don't die. It works with the HALO units from the editor and with normal units with square parachute added.

do you have this problem with a mission from the FDF mod or when you're playing with units in the editor?

Maybe you've forgotten something to make it work properly.

you guys are missing the point a bit. I do not think the fact that I have a readon 9800pro is the cause of it. I think it changed something with my PC load. But the strange thing is, that the readon card is supposed to be stronger than my geforce3. Nevertheless the scripting reacted better and faster with the geforce3. This is strange to me since I didn't change much with OFP's overall visual quality except activating 2xAA and 2xAF and icreasing OFP viewdistance from 1000 to 1500. I have far better FPS too than with the geforce3 card.

Now the situation. I was making a mission and it all worked almost 100% (there are some occasional errors with the halo jumper where they fall off from the chute after opening. this happened with the gf3 card aswell as with the readon card. But very rarely. The other thing though is that with the geforce 3 the parajumpers opened the chute in a resonable height. With the readon card - somehow - the scripting engine doesn't react as fast as it did with the gf3 card. This results in opeing the chute too late and splashing to the ground and killing the AI units.

As I said I oberserved this in a mission I was making. I started making it with the geforce3 card and then switched to the new card without changing the mission inbetween. next time I hit previw in the editor I saw that 90% of halo jumpers died always.

I could decrese that number by removing stuff from the mission. But still like 40% of them died with normal ammout of stuff. So I had to edit script for the halojumpers to open chutes earlier.

The mystery is that the strogner graphics card with more FPS in OFP makes the scripting engine reaction worse/slower with this FDF script. I didn't observe this with other scripting things though.

Where's that FDF missions depot?

Where's that FDF missions depot?

You mean this?

Yup. Thx.

$33ker, that is an OFP bug, nothing can be done about it, same thing with glasses.

The campaign is messed up in a few places with 1.3, yes.

Haven't seen you around for long, welcome back. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]icreasing OFP viewdistance from 1000 to 1500.

Which hogs more RAM. Did you try using the Radeon with a 1000 viewdistance?

Quote[/b] ]I don't know whether this bug is already known, but....

That's a problem with OFP and transparent textures, and it's a problem that's existed for a while. You can look straight through jungle underbrush if you take advantage of it wink_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]icreasing OFP viewdistance from 1000 to 1500.

Which hogs more RAM. Did you try using the Radeon with a 1000 viewdistance?

Quote[/b] ]I don't know whether this bug is already known, but....

That's a problem with OFP and transparent textures, and it's a problem that's existed for a while. You can look straight through jungle underbrush if you take advantage of it wink_o.gif .

RAM use still at 86% max when playing OFP. So no... I didn't. And the scripting worked too with 1500 viewdistance and the geforce3 ;)

The mystery is that the strogner graphics card with more FPS in OFP makes the scripting engine reaction worse/slower with this FDF script. I didn't observe this with other scripting things though.

It's due to way script is written. It probably needs to be completely rewritten to work reliably on all machines.

I've been getting CTDs on several MP missions I've been playing - most recently Comrades in Arms #1. This has also happened with several other non- CiA missions. Anyone else have this problem? The missions start to load, but then they crash right when I should enter the briefing.

Any ideas or solutions?

I'm running 1.96, FDF 1.3, AMD Athlon 64 3200, 1 gig of RAM, Nvidia FX 5600 with no other mods. It's kind of a bummer - especially when you're in an MP game with 30 other people and you're the only one dropping out. sad_o.gif

I'm just bummed I can't download this. It always finishes at about 45% downloaded and of course says it's corrupted.

if you give me an address i'll send you a cd if i can get my cd burner to work again