Sign in to follow this  
pogingwapo

Ofp limitations

WGL grids are 100x100 and use a NATO standard six-digit system.

WTF you think it is limitation? it is feature - not a limitation.

Errr.... you must be reading another thread?

The LL## was a limitation in that we did not have a proper NATO grid standard in OFP before WGL suddenly came out and did it.

PS: If you ever want to avoid confusion and useless conflict don't say "it", as saying that is very ambiguous; instead identify what you mean. tounge_o.gif

EDIT: We are arguing apples and oranges, basically WGL got us another standard besides the existing phonetic one.

You can still have a turret on the top of an abrams tank, aka, having a maching gun moving around up there.  I guy built a version of the bis tank with a hatch on the left side open, and a 4th man, not offical part of the tank, but he is manning a M2 machine gun on a pivot thing that was put there in the hole by scripts and it looks awesome too.  

Thats the only way you can do it.  I'm considering of doing it with tanks for my modification too.

Oh ya, anyone know how to position a addon on another addon and keep it there because I don't udnerstand how the guy did it..

~Bmgarcangel

add me to your msn

trenchfeet@hotmail.com

OMG that reflective water is beautiful. Where's Kegetys? Is it possible that we might be able to play with those waters anytime soon??

Errr.... you must be reading another thread?

The LL## was a limitation in that we did not have a proper NATO grid standard in OFP before WGL suddenly came out and did it.

PS: If you ever want to avoid confusion and useless conflict don't say "it", as saying that is very ambiguous; instead identify what you mean.  tounge_o.gif

EDIT: We are arguing apples and oranges, basically WGL got us another standard besides the existing phonetic one.

from english lessons i remember that "it" used for everything. so i won't stop using IT  biggrin_o.gif

I'm just wandering how would look like OFP 1.9999 if BIS would give sourcecode to community wink_o.gif

from english lessons i remember that "it" used for everything. so i won't stop using IT biggrin_o.gif

But think of the Knights Who Say Ni!

And I also wouldn't think of the map grid thing as a engine limitation, as far as I can see WGL just found the grid second in the config.cpp and played with the values until they got it to work. What would we do without the crazy little geniuses?

One small problem has been solved now. With the modified installer by kegetys' you can now change NVG's and Binocs etc. and they'll work in MP.

Not really a OFP limitation but noone had managed to do that before, at least noone had told the community how to do that.

well i need to say that they work beautifulily

which makes me have a little bit of "cheating" feeling(as i am the only one who have a better FOV in night COOP missions biggrin_o.gif )

from english lessons i remember that "it" used for everything. so i won't stop using IT  biggrin_o.gif

But think of the Knights Who Say Ni!

"Did you find IT ? "

"aarrgh , he said the word"

No , far from IT "

"Aaargh he said it again "

"aargh , now i said IT "

"aargh i said IT again "

But yeah sorry to keep on track...keg's water effect blew me away , and i am still being blown ! ( ummmm ? ) tounge_o.gif

One thing I am curious about with OFP, making island maps with tunnels, caves, and other terrain features that are not seen in any of the maps.

I have tried playing around with warpedit, and found that there is no easy way to make a terrain feature that isn't molded from a "top-cut" aspect, meaning from a side view the terrain can not cut inwards but only straight down. If I am mistaken, please...TELL ME HOW! crazy_o.gif

I have heard of a few people in the past trying to make items such as VC tunnels for Vietnam maps, caves for Aghan maps, etc. but have not seen any that are an integral part of the island. But I have come up with a solution to this problem, although it does require a bit of work. It's not too hard, and I'm pretty sure someone else has already done it, but just in case I can always explain it if someone is interested.

So my question, has anyone figured out a way to make this kind of terrain feature yet for OFP?

One small problem has been solved now. With the modified installer by kegetys' you can now change NVG's and Binocs etc. and they'll work in MP.

Not really a OFP limitation but noone had managed to do that before, at least noone had told the community how to do that.

Where is this...installer?

One thing I am curious about with OFP, making island maps with tunnels, caves, and other terrain features that are not seen in any of the maps.

I have tried playing around with warpedit, and found that there is no easy way to make a terrain feature that isn't molded from a "top-cut" aspect, meaning from a side view the terrain can not cut inwards but only straight down. If I am mistaken, please...TELL ME HOW!  crazy_o.gif

I have heard of a few people in the past trying to make items such as VC tunnels for Vietnam maps, caves for Aghan maps, etc. but have not seen any that are an integral part of the island. But I have come up with a solution to this problem, although it does require a bit of work. It's not too hard, and I'm pretty sure someone else has already done it, but just in case I can always explain it if someone is interested.

So my question, has anyone figured out a way to make this kind of terrain feature yet for OFP?

I don't think I seen anything that complex in any maps yet, but the tunnels and base in the Tonal map are the closest things I come across so far.

The only thing they have done in there is to create a model and add it to the map by WRP or Visitor.

The base with the underground store or garage place in Tonal is really good, and haven't gived me any major issues while playing.

If its done well, we can get some decent tunnels and caves in maps, but to be practicall, they should be made well over sea level to avoid floadings.

Regards

@CERO.

and i am still being blown ! ( ummmm ? )  tounge_o.gif

rock.gif

=============

Unreal water reflections...

What would this do to performance for the

guys on slow comps though?

Those water Reflections look amazing. i dont know if this has been said before but what about water that is clear(ish)

so you can see whats under there?

Those water Reflections look amazing. i dont know if this has been said before but what about water that is clear(ish)

so you can see whats under there?

Yes, a little bit of transparency would make it look superb biggrin_o.gif

The base with the underground store or garage place in Tonal is really good, and haven't gived me any major issues while playing.

Whereabouts is it on Tonal?

You could WRPedit a map with a known depression. Then using the same process as with a large model (the aircraft carriers I've seen), piece together a large vehicle model that was actually tunnels.  I suppose you could make all the proper cave/installation interiors, as it is a vehicle anyway, and place it in the depression, make the top of the model like the local terrain, and make the model a little larger around the sides, as to fill any rounded edges of the actual depression geometry.

EDIT: The possibility of using elevators and 'cave-esque' geometry is limited only by the maximum slope a unit may climb

Just an Idea.

ghostface.gif

Scrub

The base its at "CJ21", and the tunnels are in "AJ30".

Enjoy.

Quote[/b] ]Scrub Posted on June 05 2004,18:49

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could WRPedit a map with a known depression. Then using the same process as with a large model (the aircraft carriers I've seen), piece together a large vehicle model that was actually tunnels. I suppose you could make all the proper cave/installation interiors, as it is a vehicle anyway, and place it in the depression, make the top of the model like the local terrain, and make the model a little larger around the sides, as to fill any rounded edges of the actual depression geometry.

EDIT: The possibility of using elevators and 'cave-esque' geometry is limited only by the maximum slope a unit may climb

Just an Idea.

This is the exact method I had thought of. Using depressions, you can already make trenches and such on your map, but to make tunnels etc, you just make that section an added object, sort of like a plug. Visualize the tunnels, caves, etc and then imagine "cutting" that entire section out of the map like a slice of cake. In the actual map, that area would be an empty box-shaped cutout. The added object is then made the same as a house is, but instead of being boxed, the "rooms" would be the tunnels or what ever. Then that "house" would be placed in the map and made as a permanent item, same as all other map structures. It would require a bit of test-fitting to make sure it looks natural and smooth. I am not sure about clipping through it, such as what happens at times through house walls or falling through the bridges at times, but it should be ok this way.

Through using this technique, it should be possible to make any kind of underground or similar area. I never knew about those areas on Tonal, I'll surely have to look for them. Have many people yet used this technique? Would make a lot of maps more interesting for certain uses.

An idea I had a while ago.

Making a map that has no water,welll you would make the depressions and use a transparant texture for the water height.Just that you could do more with fake water rather than die when you hit the water like OFP is now.Juat a idea I never used

Where is this...installer?

Here's a sample for replacing the NVG's with Inq's NVG's

How to install:

Extract the archive to your Operation Flashpoint directory. Then go to the created model_mod directory and run the install.bat file. If the install goes well, you should be able to use the model_mod directory like a regular mod folder. (ie. add -mod=model_mod into your OFP:R shortcut link).

This installer is for Win2k/XP only.

If you wanna replace more models you'll need to add a short line to the .bat so it deletes the old model before packing it again.