Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

Combat! bradley pack 1.0 released

The Bradleys have been updated to version 1.3. See the first post for details and d/l link.

biggrin_o.gif downloading 1.3 now, in the meantime...

Very good addons CBT team,

I wanted to tell you how i appreciate the serious 3d modeling you make and as far as i could see with all proper attention to NORMALS smile_o.gif

I especially appreciated how you reacted fast to release a fix to this turret basket, even before i could report ;)

2 thumbs up...

edit: typo

D/L link has been disabled for about 10 minutes. found a bug at last sec with Linebackers. If you got the D/L before I removed it, I apologize. Please redownload. I will post when it is ready. It's U/ling now.

@ July 18 2004,04:02)]I especially appreciated how you reacted fast to release a fix [...], even before i could report ;)

2 thumbs up...

biggrin_o.gif

As i said a few minutes earlier wink_o.giftounge_o.gifsmile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

K, d/l is fixed and ready. Sorry again!

only bug: you can fire (as player) when the Tow is down

but theres no need to worry about this bug. . .its whats known as a noob bug. .

normal players would be mature enough to put it up before fireing to maintain the realisum factor. . and noobs would just find it funny to be able to do that crazy_o.gif

great job smile_o.gif Y2K3 updated with the new feature on the Y2K3 bradly (which is this bradly used to replace the default)

Bug report:

-M47 dragon Missile when dropped on ground looks like this:

Dragonbug.jpg

Suggestions:

-I dont know much about the Bradleys suspension, whether it is tight or not, but I would like to see DKM's suspension script used. If it is already in use, then I am not seeing it right now...

I have made "duel" new M2 against T-72 (both AI driven), and M2 was not able to use TOW. Did i miss something, or it is impossible to AI to use TOW properly?

And next question. Rising/lowering TOW is only possible while standing, so is it possible for human gunner to force stop by rising TOW launcher (i mean is it possible to script it)?

As long as you are commander of the vehicle you can tell the vehicle to stop.  You have to be under 5 kph to fire a tow.  IF it becomes too much of a problem, I may raise the value in a later release.  Otherwise, you can always put "CBT_NoTow = true"  in the init field to disable to tow animations and use it like before.

I know, but it would be a great loose sad_o.gif because i love your pack and folding TOW launcher is a along awaited candy smile_o.gif

I have another question, is it possible automatic rising TOW launcher when in "combat" mode and lowering after switching to "aware" or "safe" for AI driven units and allow them to fire without stopping? Something like "half" disabled feature.

Of course people moan about the launcher not being animated, now moan that its working like it does in reallife. Go figure. Don't like the correctly working launcher go back to the prior version without the tow animations, or put "CBT_NoTow = true" in init field.

@milkman

The suspension script is correct setting for the M2 it is a very heavy vehicle. Make them bounce about as much as DKM's units they will never beable to hit anything while on the move due to the OFP limitation to do propor gun gyrostablization. The M2s suspenssion is built to provied a smoother ride over rough terrain at high speed. A must for such a top heavy vehicle. That is why they don't roll over as easilly as LAV-25s Still easy to flip them, hell they still manage to roll HUMMWVs and HEMETS how I have yet to figure out when sent to recover them.

@grizzlie

You would one, never go toe to toe against any tank with an M2 thats the M1s job. The M2s tow is a stand off weapon, just like in real life the tank is gonna paste you before you can get the launcher into firing psotion. Or kill you while the missile is inbound. It is a wire guided missile so you have to sit still durring the full flight time of the missile till the target is hit. Oppses to the speed of an large calibre auto loading cannon.

The M2 has better chance engaging between 2000, to 3000 meters. Any closer than that your eating SABO..

I know...

I'm making such "duels" only to check behaviours of units. T-72 had no ammo.

I was waiting for long time for folding TOW launcher, i just thought i missunderstood something. Now i know smile_o.gif

As i said before i like this addon very much.

There is still a big bug in the linebacker.

The action says "raise TOW", it does not work (there is stinger launcher raised all the time).

Raising would love some sound, unfortunately there is only a very short sound, most likely some bug.

Someone said it is possible to fire TOW while it is down. Dunnow, but here everything is ok, when TOW is down I cannot choose it.

For the scripts discussion, I love the retractable TOW, but:

- there should be again 2-missile magazines.

- there should be no speed limit (AI cannot handle it). And don't talk about realism, having one-missile magazines :P

- TOW should be retracted by AI gunner when "safe" or when "turned out".

Other than that, everything is great :]

The system is hydrolic and fialry quiet, can't give away your positon witha noisy launcher arm.

Linebacker wasn't augmented only the M2s. so shouldn't be animated.

The missile mag is an OFP engine bug that effects all tows.

The vehicle in reallife must be at a complete stop for launching and flight of the missile. The addon can still launch while moving only at slow speeds. Durring testing AI had no problem launching tows. just don't expect them to engage under M2s are not close combat vehicles just a overly armed APC.

There is still a big bug in the linebacker.

The action says "raise TOW", it does not work (there is stinger launcher raised all the time).

Raising would love some sound, unfortunately there is only a very short sound, most likely some bug.

Someone said it is possible to fire TOW while it is down. Dunnow, but here everything is ok, when TOW is down I cannot choose it.

For the scripts discussion, I love the retractable TOW, but:

- there should be again 2-missile magazines.

- there should be no speed limit (AI cannot handle it). And don't talk about realism, having one-missile magazines :P

- TOW should be retracted by AI gunner when "safe" or when "turned out".

Other than that, everything is great :]

Unfortunately I am unable to use 2 missle mags, because when you remove a weapon via script, and the add it back, partially used mags are refilled.  This creates a cheat that I'd rather not deal with.

Real minor thingy, when i place one of the M2's in editor and i select player has gunner i always start in the commander seat, i know its minor but maybe it is simple to fix and you might wanna do so if you ever release another version, thanks for the good addon and for the support smile_o.gif .

if player is gunner. . . hope in it as gunner and put the tow down and choose it wink_o.gif

Great addon, but I have this "CBT Bradley Pack MP Error" in Multiplayer. I added a Trigger on the map, made it activated by Game Logic (Once), Range 50, and named it "serverChk".

What did I do wrong? Help would be much appreciated since I'd like to use these babies in my personal CTI Mod.

Thanks in advance.

Cool thanks for the new version, I really like the TOW launcher smile_o.gif

Monkey made a funny tounge_o.gif

ramboofp are you on resistance ?

Maybe we should officially hire TheAvonLady to hock our addons? =)

Seeing BAS is waiting for OFP2 and all.. Maybe for RHS as well..