Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

ODOL Explorer v2.0

So, just to toss a theoretical frag grenade into the discussion here; Should scripters and mission makers seek to encrypt their work, making it unattainable unless asked for by e-mail, etc.?

Again, just something to think about.  smile_o.gif

So, just to toss a theoretical frag grenade into the discussion here; Should scripters and mission makers seek to encrypt their work, making it unattainable unless asked for by e-mail, etc.?

Again, just something to think about.  smile_o.gif

As I remember, there were some people asking how to "encrypt" their missions so nobody could take a look into them.

They were flamed to hell, if I remember correctly.

Btw. it was already pointed out that "encryption" doesn't make any sense.

Back to the topic of ODOL Explorer... personally I think this whole debate is a moot issue, because I think most newbie addon makers like myself can't figure out how to edit the "ripped" models. I still can't figure out how to fix the "weights" as they all seem to be at 100% (I gotta keep messing with that) and in addition all the animations seem screwed up on any ODOL model converted to MDOL format.

I tried making sure that the LODs are all centered and aligned with each other and that doesn't seem to be the problem unless I'm missing something.

So really ODOL explorer is pretty much useless to me except for ripping just a certain section of an addon like a light or something. For example I borrowed the search light from the BIS T-55 and then modified and retextured it for a tank addon I'm working on.

But other then that... I don't think addon makers don't need to worry about legions of newbie addon makers ripping off everything we can get our paws on. You really need a fairly solid understanding of Oxygen to make full use of ODOL explorer.

That alone is going to keep people who are morons with Oxygen (like myself) from using it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Btw. it was already pointed out that "encryption" doesn't make any sense.

Sorry, I have not read all of the discussion in the thread, just thought I would pose a potential question.  smile_o.gif

link dosent work

download @OFP-editing works for me, but on the other hand the edgefiles mirror doesn't work

Hmmm...my mirror doesn't seem to work in only a few spots. I can download from the broadband one, but not the dial up one. Sorry guys, try to use the broadband one if you can...

Thanks for the update. Now to replace all my test models and their estimated weights.... wink_o.gif

nice to see an update to this tool,

I still found some issues that will hopefully be fixed on a later issue :P

I have noticed that for some reasons, some components are faulty after a conversion (most certainly the reason why some animations are faulty), i've first noticed that on a human model where the osobnost component was no longer pointing at the head and hands of a model. I then noticed similar problems on other components, other models...

Second problem, so far, it seems that saved mlod completely lose the normals sharpening (polishing).

nevertheless, great to see this tool improving and being developed, it's still very informative as is and hopefully will be even better next time

Another bug I noticed is that all faces are split into their own parts. Try this by converting a simple cube and selecting a corner, and you'll notice that only the faces connected to that point will be selected. This is really annoying because the model must be optimized and there is a much larger amount of points.

Another bug I noticed is that all faces are split into their own parts. Try this by converting a simple cube and selecting a corner, and you'll notice that only the faces connected to that point will be selected. This is really annoying because the model must be optimized and there is a much larger amount of points.

i dont think about that as it is bug, optimalization is not a problem, and this way it is simplier to retexture some old models by copying to new lod only parts that you want to retexture smile_o.gif

The v2.44 you see on the net now is not a WrpTool Development Team release.

It is not supported by us in any way shape or form, we do not take any responsibility of its operation.

ODOL Explorer v2.44 is illegal, alpha, untested and leaked version. We will not acknowledge, or recommend anyone using it. You have now been warned.

We will release v2.5 sometime in the future, thats all we can say.

WrpTool Development Team

Dschulle & Snake Man

---

Hm, when are you going to repair those bugs in ODOL Exp? smile_o.gif

I made small compare:

1. I binarized model of soldier from OFP demo (models are in MLOD)

2. I used ODOL Explorer to save binarized model as MLOD

3. Then I compared those two models in Oxygen (before and after)

I found, that model after has all resolution LODs smaller than 1.000 (original had more)

i. e.

Before: 0.200 ; 0.700 ; 1.200 ; 4.000

After: 0.200 ; 0.700 ; 0.940 ;0.940

and some faces had bad lighting. Can u repair it soon plz? I need it for some models. huh.gif

I doubt very much you'll get your answers, digging up a post older than 4 months is a board no no and this thread will get locked by a mod.

Why should it get locked? It's a legitimate bug report. It may help others alot who use that programm.

Because this thread is 1.5 year old, and if you read forum rules, you're not supposed to do that. crazy_o.gif

It's much more likely that you get your reply here.

Plus the problem with ODOL Explorer causing harm to converted models is long time known, it's no bug report after all anymore. tounge2.gif

Yes, I highly recommend making the bug report in the link Agent Smith provided. I'll leave this topic open, however, because it is a legitimate, constructive post (not a "when is the next version coming out?" post). There might be a chance that it will get spotted and reported here.