Sign in to follow this  
Rastavovich

Dkm-mod updates

@Lt_Damage: As we stated before there might be a second line of vehicles, which will fit then to the Sigma/RHS system, in the future.

LOL, finally one wise decision to put an end to all these pointless discussions! smile_o.gif

Looking forward to it, I hope you guys will release this update soon.

What you are moaning about, the .pbo is openable without problem.. you should allready know how to unbin a config, since it was discussed a hundred times before, if you don't.. try the search function.

@Lt_Damage: As we stated before there might be a second line of vehicles, which will fit then to the Sigma/RHS system, in the future.

It's true that you can open a config.bin with either UnPBO 1.3 or OFP Manager BUT it's also true that both these progs do a flawed job by screwing up the file in some way (can't remember how exactly). So it's not as simple as that.

I agree with Lt Damage in that I prefer complete realism over 'BIS matching' and would prefer the DKM kit to be matched with the RHS/Sigma values, but obviously that's just my opinion. Thank you for considering creating a new set of units with these realistic values. smile_o.gif

Yeah, and then we will see the next stage of discussion...about whether the values are realistic or not. If I made the values the C2 friends wouldnt be very happy...You see, there is the next problem...

greetz

[76]Chavez

Here we are again, arguing about something which is completely optional. If we released a soldier addon you would not say "I'm not using that, it doesn't have JAM" or something, you'd just get on with using it. (Well, you'd better get used to it, becuase the Crew are not going to use JAM.)

RHS,Sigma, etc are doing thier addons to as near to real life specs as possible. That's fine and I respect those addon makers. BUT the original values for OFP are standard, and as such you should expect all addons to have these values. Any other way, and it should be seen as an extra.

I see it like this; the values for ofp are all set 'in-scale' with a BMP getting the shit knocked out of it with 1 shell, as in real life. So what if the shell hitting it was not travelling at 2,000m/s? Do I notice if it was when playing? No. Does being hit by a shell with real explosive values destroy a tank any faster with real armour values? No, it's IN-SCALE. This way it means you can use these tanks against any other in OFP, and all the addons also set to these standards. With our 'second-line' you wil be able to pitch these against the addons, such as T-55, but these are just ADDONS. They are not standard kit, and we should not have to assume that all users have them. Plus, I reguarly play with RHS T-55 (Great tank, RHS) vs C2, and it's great.  I don't see where the problem with this is..

Another point; other mods are doing real-value C2's. Project UK forces for one. If you want a realistic value tank to play with then wait for that, if you want a realistic (as ofp goes) tank you can use against what you already have, then use ours, and download their's when it's ready.

My last point: We are providing OPFOR as well. And then you have AKM'74's pack, and there's all the other stuff we're making..and the MI28.. basically all these work together so much that wether they have realistic stuff or not, you'd not notice as it would still take the same ammount of ammunition to destroy each type. And when did anyone make a helicopter with realistic values?

I think I'll stop there. We are not in the buisness of catering for individuals, we can only do what the majority want, and what they have. EVERYONE has bis units. It's that simple.

Quote[/b] ]Track sounds and load sounds are poo.

Load sounds?

He probably means the reloading sound from right before the gun is ready to fire.

I also have to ask, I know US tankers say "Up" when a round is loaded so I wasn't sure if the Brit tankers do it the same way, but just mainly asking to clarify.

Noticed two bugs with .95: From the loader position there's a crack in the back of the tank where you can see through to the ground. Picture can be e-mailed if you want, but I can't host it :/. The other bug is that when turned out the Driver and Commander are invulnerable to gunfire (at least in the front), don't remember the correct term for what's at fault there.

Beyond that, I love the addon smile_o.gif and even though the Commanche has been canceled by the US Army, I still think you should do a small update to bring it par with the Mi-28 (mainly dust script, engine startup script, and weapon smoke scripts) With the dust, I must say that I've never seen a UH-60, CH-46, or a AH-1W generate any dust even remotely similar to that much dust, infact on a grass field I didn't notice the CH-46 kick up any dust at all. The AH-1 did kick up a little bit of dust though, and it even stung slightly.

thanks for the feedback, the reloadsound is indeed wrong, its the autloader sound of the black eagle smile_o.gif

We found a few soutces that tell us that UK loaders yell 'loaded' and not 'UP' like US ones.

the small model bugs; i've found them and will be fixed.

We certainly will not drop the comanche, because US will not be using it, it didnt stop us knowing that the black eagle never went into production either smile_o.gif

So the comanche will sertainly get a script update, and possibly some skin updates, but we havent set a timframe for that yet.

I've got a bug with the VITAPC update- I CTD if I attempt to preview a level in the editor as a VSS sniper (Sobr or Spetznatz). Anybody else noticed this?

Incidentally- I'm running GOTY 1.96b on an AMD 1600+, 256 meg of RAM.

Possibly missing:<ul>

[*] An updated 1.4 readme detailing the changes

[*] A 1.4 VITAPC_config.pbo

Hey, so where are these 2 files?

Besides, @Jaguar: it seems to me that there's a significant number of people (including me) that don't use BIS standard stuff anymore. They want to replace everything that's possible. Just make that second configs line and these people will stop bitching. wink_o.gif

@Easytiger: I think you have somewhere an old vitapc.pbo in your addon folders, check that please.

@ag_smith: download the 1.3-1.4 patch from our site, there the latest vitapc_config.pbo is included.

@Easytiger: I think you have somewhere an old vitapc.pbo in your addon folders, check that please.

Nope, just got VITAPC, VITAPC_config and DKMM_rsc in Res\Addons. Not sure what the problem is.

The latest version of the vit apcs didn't come with a config file - maybe you need to remove the VITAPC_config.pbo?

Hmm, your CTD are caused by missing models... Check carefully your -mod folders aswell.

Quote[/b] ]The latest version of the vit apcs didn't come with a config file - maybe you need to remove the VITAPC_config.pbo?

No, you need a vitapc_config.pbo.. dunno why it wasn't in the pack, download the patch 1.3-1.4 to get the latest vitapc_config.pbo.

Possibly missing:<ul>

[*] An updated 1.4 readme detailing the changes

[*] A 1.4 VITAPC_config.pbo

Hey, so where are these 2 files?

Besides, @Jaguar: it seems to me that there's a significant number of people (including me) that don't use BIS standard stuff anymore. They want to replace everything that's possible. Just make that second configs line and these people will stop bitching. wink_o.gif

Rewarding thier bitching by giving them something for it? I don't think that will make them stop.

Besides, why should people expect a non-standard feature? Why should they expect anything.. it's not like they pay us, and therefore loose nothing from whatever results.

allthough im quite sure the bitchers will never stop their whining anyway, we will make this second line for those who want to feel the pressure of instant death on a single error they make.

Personally, i don't like this way of 'playing' a game, but those who want realism will get it.

P.s. better be aware we will update our choppers as well in this line, so meeting a havoc in your cr2 or a comanche in your black eagle will mean the end of you.

Hellfires WILL blow up a tank in a single hit, but we will also make the tank's main guns airlockable so that tankers will have a chance to shoot first.

the only problem that will hunt you is that choppers rarely fly alone, and that second or 3rd chopper will blow away you and your group in seconds.

I'm pretty sure the whiners will be back to bitch about that when we release this changed configs.

Ok, to get back on track...here's a quirk report:

Addon: The APC pack (up to and including 1.4)

Problem: Even though VITAPC_config has its dependency on DKMM_RSC declared, the latter isn't always added to a mission's mission.sqm unless one of the APC:s uses the smoke launcher and/or gets blown up during preview. This leads to the now famous "missing addons..." error during gameplay.

Solution: Some of the APC:s have the smoke launcher in their list of magazines[], but no smoke launcher in their weapons[]. The reason is probably that as it stands, if one adds the smoke launcher weapon to an APC, it will show up as a selectable weapon in the upper left screen UI when cycling through weapons with the space key.

However, if I add the smoke launcher (DKMM_RSC_VehicleSmokeL) to the list of weapons a vehicle carries, the dependendy declaration "takes" and DKMM_RSC is automatically added to missions. This is good.

So how do we make the smoke launcher weapon not show up as a "space-cycle" weapon, but stays available only as the "Launch smoke" action menu entry? Well, after some experimentation, I found the solution:

In the config of DKMM_RSC.pbo, under class DKMM_RSC_VehicleSmokeL, just add primary=false; and the smoke launcher weapon is no longer selectable. However, the "Launch smoke" action is still there and works.

Summary

To have the APC pack work when mission editing and then later in both SP and MP play, the following changes need to be done:

<ul>

[*]DKMM_RSC: add a line primary=false; to the DKMM_RSC_VehicleSmokeL weapon/magazine in CfgWeapons

[*]VITAPC_config: add the DKMM_RSC_VehicleSmokeL weapon to all APC:s that have the magazine with the same name.

The same fix is necessary for any other DKM addon using the smoke launcher magazines only (haven't checked if the Black Eagle, for example, has this problem).

Cheers and thanks for your great addons, DKM!

PS. I think people could use a complete VITAPC 1.x archive containing readme's and all three needed addons, just the way the 1.3 version was distributed.

PS2. What's up with the DKM web site these days?

Thanks, for your efforts Killswitch we will check that.

Our mainsite went down due to server problems.

Hmm, your CTD are caused by missing models... Check carefully your -mod folders aswell.
Quote[/b] ]The latest version of the vit apcs didn't come with a config file - maybe you need to remove the VITAPC_config.pbo?

No, you need a vitapc_config.pbo.. dunno why it wasn't in the pack, download the patch 1.3-1.4 to get the latest vitapc_config.pbo.

Any link for that update? The DKM site seems to be broken sad_o.gif

When ever I shoot a missile at an ARENA BMP-3 I get 'missing weapon' errors. Am I missing a file? I have VITAPC 1.4 (no 1.4 config?) and RSC 1.4

Afaik you'll need the vitapc_config.pbo. It should be included in the VitAPC-Pack 1.3. There is no vitapc_config.pbo in v1.4 (perhaps they forgot it).

->   VIT Apc Pack V1.3

Mfg MEDICUS

I have the config pbo from v1.3. Whenever the arena system should go off, it tells me "No entry 'config.bin/CFGweapons.VIT_APC.ARENA1'."

Have you got the 1.40 RSC file as well? I'm not sure about the compatability between old and new versions of both these files.

When I wanted to fly in the havoc today it hadn´t the rotors started - i tried several times. Anyone that has this prob too?

You can manually start the chopper by pressing "q" but the automatic "engine on" from the action menu doesn´t work.

only on a side note, DKM smile_o.gif