Sign in to follow this  
Rastavovich

Dkm-mod updates

cr2_10.jpg

cr2_7.jpg

We decided to release a new beta of the Challenger 2 (V.95b this time) with some fixed issues and some new scripts.

What changed:

-changed: some config values

-added 2 more groups

-changed: only 3 tanks per group now

-fixed: Groups were under side East

-fixed: Loader was sitting in the roof

-added: New marking script: Tanks are marked like they are in british army (at least we think they are:). The markings can be set aswell by user.

-added: If you place a tank or a group the loaders will placed automaticly (if you have place for them in group).

-dunno, maybe we did some more, but i forgot about it...

The DKMM_RSC was updated aswell (V1.4 now) and contains some new scripts for CR2,VITAPC and a small update of some  Black Eagle ones.

EDIT.....

The upload of the VITAPC pack (V1.4) is completed.

Changes:

- Fixed: several scripting errors with new DKMM_RSC

- Changed: New Arena scripts added (look much better now)

- Changed: Config optimized

- Changed: one weapon model

- BTR-80 has now a working smokelauncher

- Autosmoke option removed for now (didnt really work anyway)

For all those who have allready V1.3 of the pack and don't want to download 17+mb again we will provide a patch (~100kb)with the two files that changed in it. Unfortunally you have to unpbo/pbo the file yourself and place the files in it.

The patch will be uploaded tomorrow.

Head to our page to get the new stuff (click my sig).

The arena system is mounted on two tanks of the pack. It provides countermeasurements against incoming missiles.

2 of them?...

*looks again*

one question while you're answering them... what does auto smoke on/off do? besides switch auto smoke on and off... what is auto smoke?

ahhh, thanks for the heads up, now

here's one for you....

The vitapc_1_40 RAR file is corrupt..

I dl'ed it 3 times now with the same results.....

Please update...

excellent job DKM!

one small bug though, when the driver "turns out" on the challenger G, the interior is white.

Ditto on the VITapc file... corrupt

-added: New marking script: Tanks are marked like they are in british army (at least we think they are:). The markings can be set aswell by user.

Thanks for doing this, can't wait to check it out when i get home

Where abouts do the markings show up on the tank, as in the second picture?

And i take it you can add custom markings for each tank.

EDIT

Ow and is that an additional texture you have added to the uparmoured versions, at the bottom of the side armour being the material they used on them in Iraq?

hrm, sorry lads, cant fix the apcpack rar file now, im at work.

Didnt have time to double check the file last night, it had become way too late, will fix in ~10 hrs.

Love the numbering script good update.

and now the ai actual uses the smoke on the challenger..

now just need a british apc..

lol

I assume the Vit APC pack includes the troops updated with wound textures?

Afaik the blood-textures were added in v1.3

Are the Challengers now only available on east-Side? Or on both?

Mfg MEDICUS

Yes the blood textures were introduced in 1.3 pack, so they are aswell in 1.4.

In the last patch only the groups were on east side, but that is fixed (Now all are west).

i think we will make the rubber RPG skirts user settable in v1.0.

They are now 'set' permanently on the uparmored versions.

Just downloaded the Challenger 2 (v0.95b) and played a little bit with it in the editor ..... awsome! Very nice textures and great features!  smile_o.gif  

The smoke-script is just great! Is the AI (enemy) able to see through the smoke?

The "gun-loading-script" is very nice, too. It's cool, that the weapon switches automaticly to the MG during the loading-process! And this voices .... sweet!  tounge_o.gif

But everytime i started the "Preview" in the editor, i got an "error-message" like this: Picture\  dkmm_cr2. I started with the dkmm_cr2.pbo and the dkmm_rsc.pbo. Did i forget to load another pbo? Or was my extraction faulty?

Mfg MEDICUS

Quote[/b] ]The smoke-script is just great! Is the AI (enemy) able to see through the smoke?

not sure, sometimes they fire through the smoke, but sometimes the AI squads spring into action and drive around the smokescreen to engage the enemy.

the missing picture message will be checked out asap.

make sure you are using the latest (1.40) RSC file.

again... what is auto smoke? i've never experienced my AI using smoke... when are they supposed to deploy it?

when the tank receives critical damage the AI will pop the smokelaunchers and try to flee. thats what the autosmoke means.

the missing picture message will be checked out asap.

make sure you are using the latest (1.40) RSC file.

ok, it was my fault sad_o.gif

I think i was using an older version of the dkmm_rsc.pbo. Downloaded the latest version (1.40) and the editor-preview starts without any problems.

Thx for the info/help,

Mfg MEDICUS

when the tank receives critical damage the AI will pop the smokelaunchers and try to flee. thats what the autosmoke means.

wow... sounds funky

yeah, but sometimes one of the ai controlled tanks in your troop will lay a smokescreen while you were on a killing spree smile_o.gif.

On static targets this wont be much of a problem, but you will find that your gunner will sometimes have trouble tracking moving targets through the smoke.

In this instance the smokescreen will hinder you, and potentially change the outcome of the battle, thats why the option to disable it exists. So you can willfully sacrifice your buddies to win the battle.

As long as the enemy squad is focusing on one of your teammates, you and your other teammate can continue hammering them into submission.

Whether you would want to do this or not is afcourse entirely up to you (and your mission goals/orders) and depends on the circumstances of the skirmish.

ive been playing around, and its a very cool system... i engaged BMP3's using M60's and Bradleys... its an awesome sight to see them deploy smoke and bugger off... although did mean i could target bugger all tounge_o.gif

yea the irsignatures are not hindered by smokescreens smile_o.gif

The vitapc pack 1.4 corrupt rar has been fixed, download is now available.

also, under tools/scripts in our download section is a small 88 kb rar file containing all necessary files to update the apcpack 1.3 manually to 1.4.

READ THE README CAREFULLY WHEN TRYING THIS, and when in doubt, dont dare, but download the full 17 megs.