Sign in to follow this  
Rastavovich

Dkm-mod updates

I'm surprised I found this bug and can't find it reported here nor on your forum. It's quite an obvious one atleast if you explore a bit...

In the editor, I place a Spez natz grenadier (ak74gp was it), and a Mine. It's great that these guys can disarm them, but they can also pick them up before that. I pick it up. I hit M for mapscreen. OFP freezes and stops responding.

Wether I disarm or try it on MineS, I still freeze and have to ctrl-alt-del my ass out.

I'm running this from a mod folder with another mod folder with Llauma's Sky, Kyllikki sound pack and DreamyKnight's anims. This does happen only on the Speznatz units with full ammoslots. And this can only happen since they can pick them up before they've disarmed them and cleared room for them. For some reason it doesn't make the unit drop anything in return to picking the mine (nor does it for any units, slots have to be cleared).

This might be a major issue with players having to clear obstacles as an objective... Was just brainstorming on that kind of thing sad_o.gif

DreamyKnigh's anims are just rule! i'm using them since release. BTW could some one tell me if there is uptated version out there?

DreamyKnigh's anims are just rule! i'm using them since release. BTW could some one tell me if there is uptated version out there?

[thinking]Umm[/thinking] I can recall seeing that around, but now that I think on it, what could be a smashing project for DKM would be to make a nice mod folder that includes all their actual creations as replacement units with some nice replacement animations and sounds. A DTA folder acompined by a new bin, that would do for me, don't even need a new custom GUI.

You got all this fantastic units in the APC pack, all you would need is somebody to come with some west units compatible with DKM(Hopefully made by DKM) and there you go biggrin_o.gif simple is it?( yeah right tounge_o.gif )

I know is a few superconfigurations aroud, but what makes a few people not to download them is the search and download of addons, but if you are a fan of DKM(like me) you'll have them all. and I'm sure DKM would find some talented person in the community to do such task.

Then, when DKM release or update something all they have to do is release a new version of the mod folder.

Brilliant am I? tounge_o.gif LOL.

@CERO.

lol tounge_o.gif

but how do you connect what you said with what you quoted? biggrin_o.gif

Simple, read the lot and wach some telly, then have tea, then a cigarrete, then a chat in the phone then... well, I can't tell this one, its rated, then get back in the computer and carry on typing.

Amen.

And then things are connected with what is been quoted.

biggrin_o.gif

Lol, I was quoting to make a point about DKM creating a configuration bin using their addons, and at the same time trying desesperated to get back in topic. ghostface.gif

@CERO.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, to be honest..

But I have noticed a few things recently to do with the set up of addons. Player seem to want their units to be set as 'real' values, yet they don't have enough east units with the same values to make this fair.. unless they intend playing with a 'realistic' Challenger 2 against a BIS T55...

So i think that there should not be pressure put on a maker to create 'real' values for thier units. After all, the only thing that can be expected of an addon is that it works with what the game already has. Anything else is extra and therefore, no one has a right to demand anything else..

It is not obvious to me what exactly the benefits of an addon set to real values are. A bis T-55 can only take a few shots from a Bis M1A1 before being destroyed, and an RHS T-55 can only take a few shots from a Sigma M1A2 before being destroyed. The fact is, the BIS system is just a scaled down version of real life, so the effect is the same. If someone can point out something I am missing, then go ahead please.

smile_o.gif

ok guys. i got your point. but does sum1 know sumthn about DreamyKnigh's anims updates?

But I have noticed a few things recently to do with the set up of addons. Player seem to want their units to be set as 'real' values, yet they don't have enough east units with the same values to make this fair.. unless they intend playing with a 'realistic' Challenger 2 against a BIS T55...

So i think that there should not be pressure put on a maker to create 'real' values for thier units. After all, the only thing that can be expected of an addon is that it works with what the game already has. Anything else is extra and therefore, no one has a right to demand anything else..

It is not obvious to me what exactly the benefits of an addon set to real values are. A bis T-55 can only take a few shots from a Bis M1A1 before being destroyed, and an RHS T-55 can only take a few shots from a Sigma M1A2 before being destroyed. The fact is, the BIS system is just a scaled down version of real life, so the effect is the same. If someone can point out something I am missing, then go ahead please.

smile_o.gif

I completly agree with you. To be onest, I like realism, but I prefere balance.

I was about you lot building a mod folder with you addons. A DKM mod folder.

Like I sayd, I know is a few arround, but you need a cuple of mods and thousend other addons to be able to run it.

I think that with what you guys created allready and something ellse is on the works, you can make a lovely mod folder with configuration and with DTA.

Thanks.

@CERO.

Hi,

I have one question to the VitAPC Pack v1.4:

Is it possible to deactivate the fire-scripts? Checked the readme and even tried to find something in the config, but wasn't succesful at all sad_o.gif

Mfg MEDCIUS

Hi,

I have one question to the VitAPC Pack v1.4:

Is it possible to deactivate the fire-scripts? Checked the readme and even tried to find something in the config, but wasn't succesful at all sad_o.gif

Mfg MEDCIUS

If you mean the fire effect on destroyed vehicles.. it is not deactivatable by default commands.. maybe we will include that later.

If you mean the fire effect on destroyed vehicles.. it is not deactivatable by default commands.. maybe we will include that later.

Yes, that's the one i mean. Would be nice if you could include such a feature in an upcoming version.

Mfg MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif

Erm Sigma made some realistic T80's and 72's IIRC.

Erm Sigma made some realistic T80's and 72's IIRC.

I second that. MLF, you remember corectly.

yea i still use em smile_o.gif

And someone made those sci-fi 'mech' addons. It doesn't mean they work well in ofp. what are the benefits?

I don't make comments without knowing what I am talking about. I've played with the addons and I thought they were good. BUT I don't see how they are any better playing with real values than BIS ones. The results are the same.

If their purpose was to put a T-80 with realistic abilities against the BIS M1, you can do this without 'realistic' values.

Simply giving it armour which can take however many rounds for an M1 as it can in real life.

In the editor, I place a Spez natz grenadier (ak74gp was it), and a Mine. It's great that these guys can disarm them, but they can also pick them up before that. I pick it up. I hit M for mapscreen. OFP freezes and stops responding.

This might be a major issue with players having to clear obstacles as an objective... Was just brainstorming on that kind of thing sad_o.gif

So how about a hot cup of stfu apart from the anims and take notice of this REAL issue?

First I though this was an issue caused by me updating vitapc to 1.4 manually and a friend just downloading the whole thing, but no. I did that too, and even still, whenever one of us picks up any mag while our inventory is full*, OFP freezes, since these units don't have to drop anything in return. So how about it.

*don't ask why I'd do that. Ok, answer is because I don't stare at the inventory or keep in mind what weaponry I have. I just react to the action menu options which "tell" me that I have to stock up. I believe we all do to some extent.

possibly the amount of magazines is set too high, i will check on that when i get the chance.

Can't be sure but somehow it seems to be related to the sidearm, or it also. Whenever I try to get one in the briefing it's a freeze. This does only concern the Spetz units I think.

So how about a hot cup of stfu

Don't turn this into a flame. There were other issues being discussed in this thread as well as yours.

don't take the bait tounge_o.gif

I don't think someone elses anims concern you, a critical bug is a bit more important. Just goes to show how much people really use addons not just check them out for a few minutes and then toss 'em away and search for the latest release. And to think this has been released what, months ago? For the time being, I've replaced the units with another addon, units which actually represent the forces that the chechen would face.

Hi all, got a problem and as much I think about it I can't seem to find the answer.

I had VIT APC pack 1.4 instaled and it was working great, then I had to reinstall OFP and while reorganizing all the addons I have in my HD I seem to have deleted 1.4 and I had to get it back from a CD that I had with it in it.

For my surprisse, it wouldn't appear in the editor, then I realized that it may be 1.3 instead of 1.4, so I redownloaded 1.4 from the DKM site and reinstaled the addon.

When I used the vitapc_14_full.exe it installs 3 pbos, the VITAPC.pbo, the DKMM_RSC.pbo and the vitapc_config.pbo, I can not recall having this configuration pbo before BTW.

However, the most of the units and vehicles I tryed in the editor works fine, but when I select the VSS sniper and press preview, the game freezes in the blak screen where it says "Get ready", and after a good while it crash to desktop.

Notice that I haven't done anything different to what I done before when it used to work nicely, and that I allso noticed that there wasn't a readme included in the instalation.

Is it me? or I got the wrong file?

Thanks in advance fellas.

@CERO.