Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

Two thumbs up for this update Hyk! thumbs-up.gif One of the best addons in my eyes smile_o.gif Altough it would be nice to see a modern version of the rangers and maybe some Force Recon soldiers for the USMC, anyways keep up the good work notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

i tired when download it, And Thanks Very much HYK.

Please Keep work on it

had a quick play with this new version..

top stuff

I really like the addition of the opfor units..great work hyk thumbs-up.gif

@Blazin: Are you 100% certain you have v3.0 of Laser's pack? It may simply be the case you still have v2.0 in the WGL mod folder (or in your default addons folder or Res/addons folder), and thats what the game is recognising first (and not v3.0).

WGL doesn't use LSR's weapons, does it?

And in my clans addons pack, v3.0 its the version in there. Ill try and fiddle still... but I seriously can't be arsed to keep having to updated my clans addons pack every time one of the addons is updated. Thi even newer little updated will probably never see ocmbat with my clan.

The ACU guys are awesome (Just avoiding using Officers and Machines Gunners...) theres a few bugs (Untextured camelback LOD issue and untextured beret LOD issue) but otherwise, awesome

biggrin_o.gif

theres a few bugs (Untextured camelback LOD issue and untextured beret LOD issue)

Which version of US soldier do you use? huh.gif

I think camelbak issue must be fixed in Ver2.0, and I checked all beret units MLOD models, but all of beret LODs has their correct texture passes.

Anyway, I'm now working for minor update to Ver2.0. This update will fix some minor model and config bugs, and non-goggles bug when when you retryed missions.

In addtion, Goggle statuses (UP or DOWN) will be saved in mission savefiles.

@hyakushiki

Just have to add I love this pack. Not only did you do an extensive re-work of all the US units from your last pack, but you did an additional OPFOR section as well! Thank you and all those that were involved in making this huge addon set. You guys really did a top notch job on each and every unit. smile_o.gif

Nice job hyakushiki! I really love the new OpFor and Marine units.

One noob question though, if i'm using these units in a super structure config.cpp (specificly ecp) how would I go about preventing the "soup" face? What additions would need to be made into the config? Will redirecting the default bis face to HYK_BISfaces.pbo fix it?

You did a really great job with the HYK_BISfaces.pbo. It really fixed my biggest personal gripe with the new heads. These will really spice up the RHS units. smile_o.gif

HEy just wanted to point out one bug i found...the Marpat guys are missing blood textures....I will look at the config and try to find it for you...also any plans from anyone to come out with a crewman for these bad boys?

Lamar

One noob question though, if i'm using these units in a super structure config.cpp (specificly ecp) how would I go about preventing the "soup" face?  What additions would need to be made into the config? Will redirecting the default bis face to HYK_BISfaces.pbo fix it?

You need to put Init EventHandler into Eventhandler class of unit configs like below.

This Code applys all of BIS faces except Guba and Colonel Blake.

Quote[/b] ]class EventHandlers

{

Init="[_this select 0] exec {\HYK_BISfaces\faceinit.sqs"};";

};

And this applys OFP EAST faces and some eastern european like faces except for Africans and Hispanics faces.

Quote[/b] ]class EventHandlers

{

Init="[_this select 0] exec {\HYK_BISfaces\faceinitOF.sqs"};";

};

@FA Dalai Lamar

That sounds strange. huh.gif

I checked MARPAT units just now, but damage textures were applyed to all the units correctly.

Thanks a lot!

yay.gif

/e

Nope still getting soup faces. I think it's the fact that the ECP config.cpp has it's own eventhandler formats and I have no idea how to incorparate faceinit.sqs into it...

Thanks for the help though.

I made a little update to ver2.0.

Here's the lateset version Ver2.01, minor model and config bugs were fixed.

And non-goggles bug when you retryed mission is also fixed.

DownLoad  (Version 2.01) <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>(UPDATED! Dec. 22 2006- )</span></span>

<span style='color:red'>http://big.freett.com/type100/HYK_USsol_V201.rar</span> (42Mb)

Mirror (Click the link displayed in right down side.)

Requied addons are same as Ver2.0.

Enjoy. smile_o.gif

I sorted out my .Model problem... Well, figured a way around it. Haven't tried the units at all in a properly saved game yet (Only in mission editor) and i just clikc preveiw, then when the error comes up, hit Continue.

2.whateveritis rocks. All of the bugs I noticed have been stamped on.

Shouldn't the Marines have acogs on the m16s? Other than that awesome work!

I'm fairly certain the USMC allows its Marines to mount either the Trijicon ACOG weaponsight or the Aimpoint M68 CCO, it's not an either or choice.

The Marines' ACOG is a little different than the Army's ACOG.  Different reticule/sight and slightly different design. Go check out the Trijicon website.

GD Mast

Love the new pack HyK. I have a request for you man, Could you include ACU crewman and pilot in the next release. I have a little project goin were I replace all the BIS faces with your improved faces and uses units with the Llauma head model.

OFP Info Mirror :

ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/HYK_USsol_V201.rar

Edit: News updated

Thank you for mirror and updating news, but the news article lacks new features for ver2.01.  huh.gif (e.g. New Marines, OPFORs and, new BIS face textures...)

Moreover, both of LSR weapon pack and RHS weapon pack are reqiured addons for this version, but still not described.

And FacesTex2 is not required for this version any longer.

I wish you posted the news as a new article with new features for Ver2.01. smile_o.gif

edit:

@ofpdeadeye

Thank you very much for posting the news as a new article! smile_o.gif

I don't know if you are trying to do the ultimate OFP infantry pack, but you are on the right direction.

Keep up the great work!