Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

**bug**

The units have the flashing face tex bug when they exit vehicles. I believe you need to set fset1 and 2 in the model and add some lines to the unit config to fix the issue.

The readme's a little off.

It goes on about HYK_USsol_JAMcfg from the older pack, when all there is is _LSR_JAM and _LSR

What ones do I put in?

All of em?

EDIT: I tried them all. Then without LSR_JAM. Then with LSR_JAM but without _LSR...

All of them come up with this when I put any ACU units down:

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5678/grrhw4.png

*Ahem*

One thing I've found which is not really hyakushiki's fault is a Polish release of USA Soldiers uses textures from HYK_USsol.pbo which must have changed some beause the Polish USA Soldiers now have no uniform texture. But that won't stop me from using this release biggrin_o.gif

My dad was over the other day and he said these were extremely accurate. He also said those ACU's are pretty sweet looking so i said "Go get your ACU's dad!" so we compared them and he said "DAYMN!!!! thats a perfect camo match".

Keep up your awesome work dude yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Very Thanks HYK FOR THIS AWESOME ADDONE. smile_o.gif

THANKS 456820 FOR THE LINK. biggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I figured out that its the machine GUnner and the Officer that some up with the .model error...

Does anyone else get this?

if you Have DAP program you can downlaod it.

And i Working for BHD Camping.

But whitout Music and sounds sad_o.gif .

Apologies for the mirrior being wrong. Fixed now was missing a letter 'd'.

See post aboveshould be working now.

Hey Hyk, Just wanted to point out a flaw, With the ACU's he American Flag is in its regulard red white and blue with a gold outline around the flag, and it dosent go on the main patch space on the arm pocket, it goes on the top flap of the Pocket.

EDIT: By the way, When I use these units with FFUR, I dont get the unit with the M-82 Barett, and the Unit with the M-21 Sniper Rifle Is Carying a M-24 but it shoots off 20 Rounds like the M-21 confused_o.gifcrazy_o.gif WHats up with that!?

Someone help.

I can't use ACU Officers or ACU Machine gunners  crazy_o.gif

Look for my previous posts, they explain it better.

if you Have DAP program you can downlaod it.

And i Working for BHD Camping.

But whitout Music and sounds  sad_o.gif .

yoy really are? yay.gifpistols.gif

Hi HYK!

Wow! Amazing stuff man! Had a peek at Arma recently and shied off until it gets a bit more settled (also it crawls on my 3.0ghz machine!

Been using your old version in our customised ECP+ homemade config mod for ages... totally excellent to see an update!

Been out of the OFP loop for a while and the first time I come back to OFP.info in ages they're the first thing I see... so cool!

Anyway - cue reading the whole thread b4 saying anything...

our mob like to use SJB weapons mostly - not a major problem, tho as someone (or two) said... any chance of a SJB weapons config? though I could probably muster one myself rather than having both packs loading into precious memory.... not a big deal tho...

But secondly I'd like to echo comments by 456820 and DB-ERAUPilot a few pages back.... Llauma's heads!

Tracked Llaumas topic on em right from when he started the project... he did an unbelievably good job on it too, but like DB said... "it's clone time" and all our carefully crafted BIS model faces don't fit, and like 456820 said - that can be a pain in the A** recognising people "in the field".

I know it would probably be a pain in the A** to release an alternative with BIS heads (had a go with LSR's V2 Rangers and head substituting - I may know my configs - a bit - but I quickly discovered I Ain't a modeller sad_o.gif

So do you or anyone else out there have a template I could start adapting - if that's possible - I'll do new faces for me pals if I have to, but like I said I been outa the loop for a while so all this Facetex stuff is gonna hafta get read up on...

Anyway - stompin work! - I'm in the middle of doin a new config with the SLX and ECP packs combined so these guys couldn't have arrived at a better time!

notworthy.gif

Bushlurker

Editing your own config with SJB or Earl's weapons isn't hard but BIS heads would be a god send smile_o.gif

yup...

I ain't knockin Llaumas stuff - which was an awesome piece o work - way outa my capabilities! - and it looks totally great! which is why it's gettin the widespread use it deserves...

I struggled with various head versions in O2, etc, tryin to map face textures tho and it was hell... OK I only 1/4 knew what I was doing - an as u say Pyjama - most of us can bodge around with configs these days but the face mapping issue has had me scunnered on numerous occasions

(scunnered = Glaswegian = Scottish saying meaning quite p***ed off sometimes with em)

HYK will do what his RL situation demands I'm sure... an if he hears our weepin' in the background then great.... meantime I'm including them anyway.... and if I get the time I'm goin 2 have another go with O2... my only addon 2 date was a monacle for WWII - very Yul Brunner....

B

Im new to the addon scene, but Ive noticed a somewhat noticeably flaw with the Medics.

According to Geneva Convention Regulations, Medics are not allowed to carry any type of firearm, or ordnance if a red cross is visable on the uniform.

However, when I was in Mosul for 12 months, we tried to diferenciate our Medics incase we needed them. We had them carry black Camelbacks, and instead of a red cross on the back, we all pitched in and got them tags that said "MEDIC." That way they were able to carry a weapon, and still fight incase we needed the extra manpower.

Maybe just a suggestion for a future release?