Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

For some really good samples of the ACU in action in Iraq and Afganistan I recommend the Combat Mission: Shock Force POTD thred...

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss....=000956

smile_o.gif

Ah...3rd BDE, 2ID. My next unit :-)

Are you an MGS PL?

Wont know until I get there. :-) Really hoping so. Either MGS or ATGM. Wouldnt mind either to be honest.

Amazing work as usual HYK! But i'm having the same problem as Blazin  sad_o.gif - i cant use team leader or machinegunner because of this stupid .model error.... Can any1 help?

Have you got the VERY LATEST version of Laser's Weapons Pack? It might be you have an older version of the weapons pack, and that the newest version has newer (extra) classes that HYK's units need.

Has he updated his pack as well?

My clans pack contain LSR US Weapons 3.0

Theres a newer one? crazy_o.gif

Any links? I'm feeling lazy...

AFAIK US Weapons 3.0 is the latest pack. Thats what im using and am not having any problems with the HYK update.

Are you running the addons on their own? So oly the HYK Addons and US Weapons? There may possibly be an addon conflict somewhere.

I'm running WGL 5.12 and my Clans addons pack (That contains LSR Weap 3.0 and has just had the HYK update added and old HYK taken out) I'll look thru the files again, see if anything is wrong.

Oh, PS: What files do I put in, because the readme only says about the older version, so the readme doesn't say what files to put in... That might be the problem...

PPS: I tried it with all combinations and still got the .model error. But tell me what are the correct ones anyway, please.

@Blazin: Are you 100% certain you have v3.0 of Laser's pack? It may simply be the case you still have v2.0 in the WGL mod folder (or in your default addons folder or Res/addons folder), and thats what the game is recognising first (and not v3.0).

I really love this pack, and really over seeying the show 'Over There' with looks perfectly the same like the desert '03 airborne units! notworthy.gif

1 Small question though, on this screenshot you can see SF, with tri-color desert and those new helmets, where can i find those?

@Navy Seals - They are under SF desert 03.

Question to HYK, any plans of making an ACU SF 06?

(I know it has been asked , but didn't see the answer)

is there anyone who dosent get the .modelspecial error?

Dont know if this has been discussed but I noticed the second LOD down on the woodland is missing textures on the water pack. As you get further away from the unit, the pack turns white.

FYI

I cannot run this version, and never had any previous problems with HYK or any of his packs. I am running the latest version of the Y2K3 Modern Combat mod.

Now, when i try to use ANY of the HYK infantry (that worked up until the point that I tried to install this new pack), I get an error.

When I try to run the ACU units, I get "HYK_USSOL_AU.p3d (magic)"

When I try to run the other HYK units, I get "Raisevisor.sqs"

I have no idea what these errors mean, and would appreciate ANY help with this

I've never used Y2K3 but I think I remember it using HYK units. If that's the case the old units are most likely conflicting with the new ones. Try it without Y2K3.

Hi, guys, the version 2.0 is coming now. wink_o.gif

Thank you for suggestions and bug reports for previous version, and have fun with my addon! smile_o.gif

Changes from previous version

(Ver2.01)

- Minor config and model bugs were fixed.

- The non-goggles bug when a player retryed missions were fixed.

- Goggles status (Up/Down) is is now saved in mission status file.

(Ver2.00)

- MARPAT units (Desert/Woodland) were added.

- ACU Special Forces were added.

- Russian Airborne style OPFOR units were added. (See scond preview pic.)

- All of default BIS faces are available on FacesTex2 head model.

- SetIdentity to FacesTex2 head model is now available! (See the sample mission included in archive.)

- Most of reported bugs were fixed.

Required Addons:

Laser's U.S. Weapon Pack Ver3.0

RHS Weapon Pack 1.01

<span style='color:red'>(As a option)</span>

JAM3

(FacesTex2.pbo is not necessary for this version.)

DownLoad  (Version 2.01) <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>(UPDATED! Dec. 22 2006- )</span></span>

<span style='color:red'>http://big.freett.com/type100/HYK_USsol_V201.rar</span> (42Mb)

Mirror (Click the link displayed in right down side.)

Previews:

USMC:

ussol07szo4.jpg

OPFOR:

ussol06szs8.jpg

For long time I was considering adding HYK troops for my various campaigns, was waiting for this 2.0 release... but now, there is rhs stuff added with additional addon requirements. Uh oh, I will not be adding HYK stuff to my missions now.

If you ever consider just making US troops release/addon, you got one mission maker here standby, but like this... no way.

For long time I was considering adding HYK troops for my various campaigns, was waiting for this 2.0 release... but now, there is rhs stuff added with additional addon requirements. Uh oh, I will not be adding HYK stuff to my missions now.

If you ever consider just making US troops release/addon, you got one mission maker here standby, but like this... no way.

US soldiers and New Opfors are in separated pbo and configs, and defined as separated addons.

So you can use only US soldiers and LSR weapons in your missions.

If you use only US soldiers, RHS weapon pack will not  be described in addOns sections of mission.sqm.

Impressive. Domo arigato, Hyakushiki-san.

I was not expecting Russian Airborne-style OPFOR units. I'll have to incorporate them as a "paramilitary" force in some of my scenarios. They look like they'd fit that role beautifully.

Much appreciated! Downloading now.

Edit:

- You have a mispelling or two. The one that caught my eye was under the GROUPS section, I believe it is "US Amry" instead of "US Army." Just a slight typo like that. There are probably some other bugs I haven't noticed yet.

US soldiers and New Opfors are in separated pbo and configs, and defined as separated addons. So you can use only US soldiers and LSR weapons in your missions.

Ah thats very good design decision. Very nice and appreciated.

Quote[/b] ]If you use only US soldiers, RHS weapon pack will not  be described in addOns sections of mission.sqm.

Thats great, now that my existing missions already use LSR weapons via Ranger/Delta/SEAL, your basic US troops wont cause any more addon hassle. This is great, just what I thought about in the first place.

Keep up the good work.

@laborj456

If you are saying about face setting and goggle promblems when my soldiers comes up with CBT vehicles, put the following code into initialization section of CBT vehicles in editer.

Quote[/b] ]d1 = driver this ; [d1] exec "\HYK_BISfaces\faceinit.sqs" ; [d1] exec "\HYK_USsol\RaiseVisor.sqs" ;

If the vehicle has gunner, add the following code to above.

Quote[/b] ]g1 = gunner this ; [g1] exec "\HYK_BISfaces\faceinit.sqs" ; [g1] exec "\HYK_USsol\RaiseVisor.sqs" ;

The cause of promblems is CBT configs lacks Init EventHandler for new features of new HYK units.

@Snake Man

I'm glad to hear your positive answer.

I'm strongly looking forward to play PMC missions with my soldiers! smile_o.gif