Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas russian opfor vehicles

Quote[/b] ]Best week in the history of OFP

That's an exaggeration. BAS week is more like a way for BAS to quickly release all their minor projects so that they can get on to the more intricate stuff.

THX a lot BAS-Team!

Another great addon for the community!

That's an exaggeration. BAS week is more like a way for BAS to quickly release all their minor projects so that they can get on to the more intricate stuff.

Like the SEALs? tounge_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

Man i agree these units arent suppose to ground breaking or anything but OFP.infos section is a flame fest arena verytime a good addon is released we hear crap from there crazy_o.gif

Maybe they should shut down their section or move to their forums for better moderating.

Going to be interesting to see what kind of mission they can make with these units...I guess a SCUD hunting mission maybe...but that's all I can really think up, there certainly more creative then I am though!  biggrin_o.gif

Well, for single player missions is not alot, but for multiplayer it have alot of potencial. The work of behind enemy lines units hunting for targets, that's where I like it to be more than anything.

Is not just artillery and choppers now, you can add the scud to it and if a target gets spoted you can say that it have no chance.

Nice good work BAS.

Only one thing that I haven't seen reported.

When the scud launches, the truck becomes a flat texture on the ground like a rug and the launching mechanism of the track is floating like 6 foot from the ground.

It may be my GForce4 128, but I never had a problem like that before.

Apart for that, nice one guys. I can't wayt for more stuff to come out, I really apreciate it.

@CERO.

I agree that ofp.info should shot down their feedback section because indeed there are mostly just idiot 10 yr olds on there. I've been verbally attacked many times on their feedback sections in ways I've never been insulted here due to the good job the moderators here.

Their feedback section I think only turns off addon makers who DON'T come here to look at feedback which generally is usually a bit more balanced and where idiot trolls usually get banned.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The best reply was by TJ:

Quote[/b] ]Im surprised that the jerk guy is even old enough to PLAY OFP. It has a 15 certificate you know.

If you posess the ability to talk rationally then mail me if you have questions. tj AT ballistic-studios DOT com

Are you man enough for that?

TJ

tounge_o.gif

I finally tried th units and like the scud the best

wink_o.gif

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

As a lot of you have cottoned on to, most of this stuff (the OPFOR in particular) are "simply" extra targets for our D-boys to shoot at.

Yeah, they look a little shitty, but they work, and they give the East a little more firepower (still waiting on RHS tounge_o.gif )

Think of this as a "warmup" addon ready for the two big guns wink_o.gif

Hey the east has more firepower already in Helos with Mi-24 and Mi-28 biggrin_o.gif , tanks are lacking though ever since Sigma released his tanks and Rudedogs bradley is gonna own every BMP from now biggrin_o.gif .

AA is one place where Russians are king in OFP though with MT-LB , Tugunska and Shilka plus SA-11 and Zu-23 you cant deny that , we need more Western AA stuff to balance that out *hint BAS wink_o.gif *

two big guns?

biggrin_o.gif

Littlebirds and Deltas/Rangers wink_o.gif :P

AA is one place where Russians are king in OFP though with MT-LB , Tugunska and Shilka plus SA-11 and Zu-23 you cant deny that , we need more Western AA stuff to balance that out *hint BAS  wink_o.gif *

In time my friend, in time wink_o.gif

ahhhhhhh yea. cant wait, in the meantime, i gotta practice blowing up shit. i love the implimented script on the scud, and was wondering...how could the common shmuck like me, with no real editing skills, up the ante on the destructive force of the scud. cool idea, but i think its too weak tounge_o.gif now, im not askin anything from anybody in terms of making more stuff, i just wanna know if parameters for making the scuds damage, or radius increase, for some really big shit wrecking explosions biggrin_o.gif

Really great work as usual. I hear everywhere that people can´t sleep of it about the releases well you guys have feeded them (included me)  tounge_o.gif

AA is one place where Russians are king in OFP though with MT-LB , Tugunska and Shilka plus SA-11 and Zu-23 you cant deny that , we need more Western AA stuff to balance that out *hint BAS  wink_o.gif *

In time my friend, in time wink_o.gif

Yeah but patienc is what an average OFP fan lack , i mean people out there are crapping as to why its taking too long to release these addons in a space of a week. Talk about paranoid biggrin_o.gif

Oh one thing i didnt try the UAZ yet , have you guys fixed that Gunner crossing over the front windshield problem? I know it isnt a big deal but still in screenshot it looks wierd crazy_o.gif

Boy some people are hard to please... Well done BAS! Nice work.

Oh one thing i didnt try the UAZ yet , have you guys fixed that Gunner crossing over the front windshield problem? I know it isnt a big deal but still in screenshot it looks wierd  crazy_o.gif

We discussed this a lot the first time we made these vehicles, and as with everything, its a toss-up between gameplay and realism.

For the sakes of gameplay we have given the gunner a 360 degree train of fire. This way the vehicle is useful in all directions, not just head on attacks.

About the payload of the scud - its noted, we might update with a more powerful warhead, but atm it is actually MORE powerful than the BIS LGB ingame.

Guys, please read the rules.

Don't flame other forums or their users, or this thread will have to be closed.

I strongly recomend putting the de/Ra out first, whats a littlebird demo mission without brand new shiny delta's??? do it please.... its smarter.

..unfortunately, the drivers vision in the "BRDM" ist still very bad...

you can only barely see, were you are driving.

isnt the SCUD act more like a tomhawk missile?

it would be great if we could wait till the CoC tomhawks is out

I love em. Nice to be able to have a convoy with security elements, but not T72s, etc. smile_o.gif Also nice to have a mobile HMG at your disposal. Sure the grunts appreciate not having to lug around 100kgs of MG & tripod.

hey.. i think this addon is great, so dont take this as a complaint.. but if your making a brdm w/ dshk, why not make the proper turreted version?

I couldn't be happier with the addon and the whole BAS week idea, it's generating quite a bit of excitement!

All your effort is much appreciated - thanks guys!

Quote[/b] ]isnt the SCUD act more like a tomhawk missile?

Scud is to Tomahawk as Axe is to Scalpel (Accuracy-wise).