Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Build your own private army with ebay!

First item on the list, an F/A-18 Hornet Fighter-Bomber, formerly of the Blue Angels.

F-18 Hornet

Second item on the list, UH-1P Huey, the helicopter known from countless Vietnam movies, heavy lift capability which means it can ferry up to a whole squad of men, including equipment.

Huey

Do you need a secure place for your communications equipment - perhaps this secure shelter will fit your needs. The shelter made it through Desert Storm without a scratch.

Communications Shelter

Do you want a plane to train your pilots with? Do you want to perform some reconnaissance? Then this T-33 (F-80 Sabre in 2 seat configuration) should meet your needs!

T-33 (F-80)

Do you require support fire for your ground troops? Perhaps a .30 cal machine gun would be useful for you?

.30 cal machine gun

You need to talk with your troops? How about some communications equipment? Battle tested by the US Rangers.

Communications

You want to keep your soldiers alive? Then body armour is essential - how about battle proven armour that the US Rangers, Delta Force and Green Berets rely on?

Body armour

It is absolutely mental what you can find on ebay. There is tons of support stuff for soldiers as well (swords, MREs, tactical gear, even jeeps etc!). Basically, if someone wanted, one could slowly but surely build up his own private army with all that stuff.

Tsk rock.gif

i wanna buy the body armor and wear it to school tounge_o.gif.i can also buy the .30 cal....does it come with ammo

The day will come when a corrupt communist nation buys nucleur warheads off a former soviet state using ebay smile_o.gif

An old British Aircraft carrier was put up a few months ago, bids reached Å6million before it was taken off as an item of offensive weaponary.....so i thought they werent meant to sell anything that could be used as a weapon (within limits, we've all smashed people up with a baseball bat, that doesnt make in neccessarily a weapon tounge_o.gif )....have the rules changed??

Hey, if that is an F/A-18A with all working basic functions.  (RWR, MasterArm weapon system, working radar, and ejection seat)  That would be a great aircraft to do some freelance mercenary work in areas like Africa and for anti-drug bombing ops in Columbia.  Of course it would need a good repainting back to the Navy gray scheme.

Can you imagine it, a growing market for mercenary pilots with their own aircraft,it would especially grow well if certain well known nations want deniability and reduce the need for their own airforce/navy to be deployed there.

Something similiar to the Fighting Tigers of World War II in nature would probably be a good example of such a program.\

I'm sure the contract price per sortie would definately NOT be cheap, probably 2.5 to 8 million a sortie, depending on the risk level, the type of threats, and the desired airstrike target.

I remember seeing an old aircraft carrier on ebay crazy_o.gif.

Well, I know where to do my shopping if I ever want to overthrow a small country. smile_o.gif

Can you imagine it, a growing market for mercenary pilots with their own aircraft,it would especially grow well if certain well known nations want deniability and reduce the need for their own airforce/navy to be deployed there.

There's already a large market for mercenary pilots. In most cases you will be working with a warlord, intelligence agency, smugglers, or a drug cartel. They also do have their own aircraft in many cases. For some jobs, like smuggling cocaine into America, all you need is a Cessna.

It's more based around evading the authorities and delivering cargo than combat, but in Africa whenever one of those civil wars break out they do have use for Hind pilots:

Got Gunship, Will Travel

Trabant

Recreate some OFP memories  tounge_o.gif

Definitly a good buy. I will have to super charge that 2 cylinder and get some 7" chrome rims on that sucker! biggrin_o.gif

And for those who want an airforce but do not have any suitable airfeilds these would come in handy. With a bit of money i'm sure you could get them working well, for less than 50,000 pounds they are a bargain tounge_o.gif

Plus you can also get a Gazelle or Wessex if you have the money

And for those who want an airforce but do not have any suitable airfeilds these would come in handy. With a bit of money i'm sure you could get them working well, for less than 50,000 pounds they are a bargain  tounge_o.gif

that´s what i call nice price smile_o.gif

though i wonder how this happened:

Quote[/b] ]ZD580 HAS DAMAGE TO THE NOSE AREA AFTER IN FLIGHT ACCIDENT WITH F16..
rock.gif

It Collided with a Royal Netherlands Air Force F-16A in September, 1996, over the English Channel near Portland. Both aircraft recovered safely at Yeovilton. Damage caused to the F-16 was loss of part of the port stabiliser, and the Harrier lost its radome. The F-16 was repaired. Harrier deemed unrepairable and sold September, 2002.

Source: http://www.f-16.net/f-16_mishaps.html

It Collided with a Royal Netherlands Air Force F-16A in September, 1996, over the English Channel near Portland. Both aircraft recovered safely at Yeovilton. Damage caused to the F-16 was loss of part of the port stabiliser, and the Harrier lost its radome. The F-16 was repaired. Harrier deemed unrepairable and sold September, 2002.

Source: http://www.f-16.net/f-16_mishaps.html

That is an interesting website. Look what I found wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Crashed into the Aegean Sea nine miles off the island of Chios during a routine flight. It was part of a flight of four F-4's and two F-16's. Just prior to the mishap two Mirage 2000's intercepted them. One of two person crew was rescued but the other is missing. According to an official report, the TUAF formation had illegaly violated Hellenic airspace and so was intercepted by 2 HAF Mirage 2000EG (331sqn, 114FW, Tanagra AB). The 2 TUAF F-16s evidently denied to comply and started agressive maneuvers against the HAF Mirage 2000EG. During the engagment that followed, one of the HAF Mirage 2000EG (piloted by lt. Grivas) fired a Magic IR missile. As a result a TUAF F-16D (#91-0023) was shot down. Immediately the second TUAF F-16 paused the engagment and escaped to the east in order to return to international air space. It was later determined (and kept secret) that the downed pilot who survived from the crash was in fact an Israeli instructor dispached from IDFAF. The second pilot (TUAF flight officer) failed to eject in time and was killed. The downed pilot was rescued 30 min. after shot down by a HAF AB-205 SAR helo (from 358th search and rescue squadron). The pilot received immediate medical care and returned a few days later to Turkey with a HAF C-130 flight. At first the incident was kept secret for obvious purposes and both countries (Greece and Turkey) officialy adopted a mechanical failure as the main cause of the accident. In 2003 the Greek Minister of Defence, Mr. Giannos Papantoniou, stated in public that the incident of Oct. 8th, 1996, that led to the loss of the TUAF F-16D was a result of the immediate action that was taken by HAF fighters during an interception against TUAF fighters violating Greek airspace.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_mishaps_airforce-TUAF.html

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_news_article619.html

People have gone to war over far less crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

People have gone to war over far less crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

But then again, this sort of thing isn't that uncommon in high tension situations when warplanes of opposing countries get too close to each other. Take a look at this Aircraft Downed During the Cold War and Thereafter (the list claims not to include planes shot down in war zones, but it lists kills from the Bay of Pigs invasion,Angola, which in my opinion were definitely warzones at the time, not to mention North Korea, which is still technically at war with the South)